+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Another stupid moment: Hiro picks up a gun lying on the floor next to a pool of blood. Can we say Duh! This is so cliched I want to puke. In this era of CSI and Law and Order dominating the airwaves even if you don't watch these shows, you end up seeing bits and peices jsut channel surfing. Everyone knows not to contaminate a crime scene by now. Convenient how hordes of police just happen to show up just at that moment. The writers must really think the viewing audience is incredibly stupid.

Another inconsistency: How in the heck did Claire's dad get the tape? How did he even know who was taping her?? Mental telepathy?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-08-2006 at 09:08 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, I forgot the detective arresting the cop who found the little girls cause of course he is an immediate suspect because he found the little girl and has cause to make himself look good so he copycatted a serial killer's M.O. by freezing the father, cutting his head open and taking his brain and of course lifting the mom and skewing her with knives. BTW why is the body still frozen shouldn't it be melting?? On Law and Order the detectives would have actually checked the cop out first instead of trying to be top bitch and arrest him on minimal evidence. There are logic problems, and inconsistencies all over this show.The only good thing so far is that the heroes have 5 weeks to save New York City, it will be interesting to see how the timeline progresses.

Using the ultra-unrealistic Law & Order as a contrast to this show may not be the best idea if you mean to prove lack of realism. Law & Order has the veneer of "looking" realistic, but its pretty bad in that department.

Its really not all that unrealistic for an investigating detective to use intimidation tactics right out of the box, or to not worry all that much about due process. Its not uncommon for them to be insensitive or hotheaded. Although there are certainly a great number of good solid cops who are otherwise, there are also plenty of police Detectives who are more like Mark Fuhrman than Lenny Briscoe.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Using the ultra-unrealistic Law & Order as a contrast to this show may not be the best idea if you mean to prove lack of realism. Law & Order has the veneer of "looking" realistic, but its pretty bad in that department.

Its really not all that unrealistic for an investigating detective to use intimidation tactics right out of the box, or to not worry all that much about due process. Its not uncommon for them to be insensitive or hotheaded. Although there are certainly a great number of good solid cops who are otherwise, there are also plenty of police Detectives who are more like Mark Fuhrman than Lenny Briscoe.
    I basically was complaining that it was flimsy evidence that just because the officer had failed the detectives test 3 times that it would make him so angry and resentful that he would set up a double homicide to make himself look good in so short a period of time. From the dialog I assumed that the third test results did not happen that long ago.

If may seem as if I am really bashing this show and I am, not because it is scifi. I love scifi and fantasy and follow the Stargate shows, Battlestar Galactica, loved Babylon 5 and Farscape, and really rooted for Invasion to survive. I even followed several of Majel Rodenberry's follow up Gene Rodenberry shows. All of the above shows have an internal logic to them that asks the fan to suspend belief and reside in that world. These worlds have their own sience and history and stay true to themselves and its fun to be in that world and explore it. What I don't like is when there are stupid plotlines and characters acting stupid when in this age of entertainment no one is going to buy it. That is why I am bashing Heroes. If the writers and producers could clean up extremely poor plot devices and having characters act like idiots this would be a fun show.

I was with you until the part about those crappy Majel Rodenberry shows.

As for the issue of the cop, I don't think the other cops seriously thought that motive through. I think that they were using that threat as a bludgeon to try and get him to admit to something. It was intimidation, not evidence, and thus not inherently logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I was with you until the part about those crappy Majel Rodenberry shows.
    Remember at the time nothing else was on, to tell the truth I didn't watch the last 3 seasons of Andromeda (I kept hoping it would get better but when Tyr Anasazi left and I had no more eye candy to watch and he was the best actor there I said good bye). But I did watch all of Earth: Final Conflict. The first show of EFC was so bad that I promptly quit watching but I watched one or two episodes a the very end of the season and stuck around to watch the evil Asian FBI agent and the evil alien. They were so deliously evil that they were the best part of the show, I liked the evil Asian FBI agent cause he was a bit human and loved his wife, he just seemed to have been dumped on so much by the wife and the world that I enjoyed watching him.

I also supported Surface last season just hoping one of the three shows would survive and that was hard to do believe me I got so angry at the characters and the story cause they were so bad.

i make it a point not to worry too much about plotholes or absurd events that occur in tv shows. instead i just laugh it off

the whole thing with the cop dude that hear thoughts wasn't that bad. it was just a way to write him into the show and display his power at the same time they identified the Scyler (sp?) (and drug out the scene) guy who is the same dude/ patient 0 "one of them", that was on that ans mach message that Mohinder and thingirl heard.

and being worried about a guy posting his picture and address in the back of a comic is less absurd than the guy predicting the future and people while HIGH and then making a comic in which the main character is reading about himself.

i haven't read the thread in it's entirety so i don't know if the internet girl has been discussed much, but have we figured out the full deal with her? I rewatched the episode and the only thing i discovered about her is that she has apparently killed before and bury people in the desert. This can't possibly be a super hero trait. Maybe a villain?

the 2 flight brothers are annoying. Claire is cool and i like the dynamic with the adopted father maybe being a villian. I like the Hiro character and like how the show ended with him discovering that he went a month or so into the future then there comes the mushroom cloud.

guess this is the setup for the rest of the chapters in the show. The heroes connect up and have a month to stop the mushroom cloud

I like this show.
    Coolness.
    My favourite charecter is Hiro, Claire is a close second.
    I can't wait to see how they save New York.

i haven't read the thread in it's entirety so i don't know if the internet girl has been discussed much, but have we figured out the full deal with her? I rewatched the episode and the only thing i discovered about her is that she has apparently killed before and bury people in the desert. This can't possibly be a super hero trait. Maybe a villain?
    Edit: Oh ya and the Webcam girl played by Ali Larter (I can't remember the charecter's name) has a power, apperently her reflection knows a secret. Actually now that I think about it that doesn't seem really like a power, but w.e....just wanted to clear that up.
    Last edited by GossipGirlANTM; 10-09-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Hmm wonder if he can only fly if his brother's around?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Discuss:

...the fact that the girl Hiro saved would probably not have even been in danger in the first place if he hadn't interfered. His friend diverted the truck right into her path. The friend only did so--was only there in the first place--because of Hiro.

Then again, since Hiro is not a precognitive, one assumes he must have physically seen the accident, or perhaps a news report on it, at some point in the future. So the accident MUST have happened anyway.

I'm really not getting this, am I? Would the girl maybe have walked slower and gotten hitten anyway if the friend hadn't been there?

Discuss:

Why, even when she DOESN'T try, does Claire get into so many "fatal" accidents. Broken neck last week, board through her skull this week? Geez. I hope there's some explanation for this, even if its some kind of pseudo-explanation, like "fate" wants her dead.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-09-2006 at 09:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread