+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 192 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

I wasn't too clear on my earlier post. Hiro thought it was Oct. 2 - apparently he gained time when he traveled to New York without realizing it because just before the explosion ocurred he saw the date was Nov. 8. I think the rest of the show took place on Oct. 2. - only Hiro's segment was set in the future - a clever little "surprise" for us viewers. I think he will go back to real time on this next "trip", and will try again to meet the painter; who will be alive this time - and majorly surprised to see his cartoon character walking and talking. A cartoon character who will try to convince him that the disaster in his painting is real and they have about 4 weeks to prevent it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Did anyone who watches Prison Break think that the lady who was helping Mohinder looked like the girl who gave Tweener a ride? Or was that just me. I can't find out who's playing the lady in the apt building. Any help please.

heroes

Her name is Nora Zehetner. I know her from Everwood, the series. You can look her up on imdb.
    Somehow i do not completely trust her though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeans View Post
    I actually caught this rerun of the first episode by accident last night just flipping through the channels. Noticed something interesting. Remember when the mother was at the school with her son talking to the Dean? The little boy was outside in the hallway reading a different issue of the “9th Wonders” comic that Hiro was on the cover of in the second episode. I was like “oh s&!t.” Thought that was interesting. Anybody else notice this?
    Interesting! Did you notice what was on that cover, other than "not Hiro"?
    So now the question is, if Hiro saw the comic he was on the cover of in Nov., that means it was drawn earlier of course---but was it drawn before Oct. 2nd? A precog thing? Or was it drawn because the artist and Hiro have met between Oct. 2nd and Nov.? As a clue by the artist to get Hiro to come to his loft?

Quote Originally Posted by cmneman View Post
    Her name is Nora Zehetner. I know her from Everwood, the series. You can look her up on imdb.
    Somehow i do not completely trust her though.
    She's too convenient. It seems like she's there to spy on him. SHE found the hard drive for him, but even that was probably a trick. The bad guys aren't looking for anything obvious like data from his Dad--they need him to complete his Dad's work. So this was a way to accomplish that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree, cmneman and Krom--definitely something off about her...I'm guessing the guy doing the phone tap let himself be caught to set her up as the heroine.... Of course maybe she's just a bad actress!

And she does look like poor Tweener's girlfriend from Prison Break, but even thinner, canadian_angel. Don't know if it is the same woman though.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace View Post
    The women on this show bother me so much. Both are blonde, and both are archtypes. The cheerleader and the Stripper -- who doesn't strip because she enjoys it, or more realistically because she has a cocaine addiction - but rather so she can send her son to top notch schools. Ugh.

I just feel like I've seen these characters before -- ESPECIALLY the women.
    Does it help to know that the girl playing the cheerleader isn't even a natural blonde? She usually plays roles with her normal brown color.

As for the stripper, I'll give you that. But ask yourself... would you buy the concept of a cocaine addicted stripper as a hero? She HAS to have a more ethical side, or else she wouldn't work for this show. While her mirror-mirror murdering ways hardly seem heroic so far, I think its in the cards that we're going to learn that her powers are far different than what we first thought they were (I'm still trying to figure it out, but I have some interesting theories). At the very least we have to come to accept that whatever she or her doppleganger did to those guys, in some sense they deserved. Maybe her powers, like both the artist and Super-Hiro are predictive in a way--her other self knew for sure those guys would murder her. Whatever. The main point here is that if they insisted on a stripper character she HAD to be like this, or else we wouldn't sympathize.

As for Indestructible Girl, I think the idea is supposed to be that her faux-parents have always been pushing her in this direction to give her the illusion of normalcy.

Besides, comic books are ABOUT archtypes. The difference between a bad comic and a good one is not in how many archtypes it uses, but in what it does with them. The archtypes have to be bold in comics, because two dimensional art doesn't do subtle all that well, nor does it have room for the kind of dialogue a novel has.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Interesting! Did you notice what was on that cover, other than "not Hiro"?
    So now the question is, if Hiro saw the comic he was on the cover of in Nov., that means it was drawn earlier of course---but was it drawn before Oct. 2nd? A precog thing? Or was it drawn because the artist and Hiro have met between Oct. 2nd and Nov.? As a clue by the artist to get Hiro to come to his loft?
    On page 3 of this thread, Krom posted some concept art for the show. It’s that Uluru character I believe, that’s on cover of this particular issue.
    Do you really wanna win or just look good losin?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Does it help to know that the girl playing the cheerleader isn't even a natural blonde? She usually plays roles with her normal brown color.

As for the stripper, I'll give you that. But ask yourself... would you buy the concept of a cocaine addicted stripper as a hero? She HAS to have a more ethical side, or else she wouldn't work for this show. While her mirror-mirror murdering ways hardly seem heroic so far, I think its in the cards that we're going to learn that her powers are far different than what we first thought they were (I'm still trying to figure it out, but I have some interesting theories). At the very least we have to come to accept that whatever she or her doppleganger did to those guys, in some sense they deserved. Maybe her powers, like both the artist and Super-Hiro are predictive in a way--her other self knew for sure those guys would murder her. Whatever. The main point here is that if they insisted on a stripper character she HAD to be like this, or else we wouldn't sympathize.

As for Indestructible Girl, I think the idea is supposed to be that her faux-parents have always been pushing her in this direction to give her the illusion of normalcy.

Besides, comic books are ABOUT archtypes. The difference between a bad comic and a good one is not in how many archtypes it uses, but in what it does with them. The archtypes have to be bold in comics, because two dimensional art doesn't do subtle all that well, nor does it have room for the kind of dialogue a novel has.
    Good post. I agree...

I'm actually intrigued the most by the stripper's powers because they’re so vague. Keeps you wondering, cause it’s obvious that those 4 hours she lost while she was headed to pick up her son, was her “alter-ego” covering up her tracks and setting up the getaway. My questions are: Does she have to black out every time in order to utilize this “alter-ego”? Is this “alter-ego” actually her physical self or is it a separate being from herself (ie her reflection, soul, ghost-like figure, etc)? Whatever “it” is, “it” moves fast as hell cause it got a lot stuff done in 4 hours.
    Do you really wanna win or just look good losin?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeans View Post
    On page 3 of this thread, Krom posted some concept art for the show. It’s that Uluru character I believe, that’s on cover of this particular issue.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread