+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 192 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2230829;
    The way Hiro's sister kept looking while Hiro was talking about his mission, I thought maybe she had a power she was hiding too. Turns out she really just wanted her father to notice how well she's been running the company. But the series is young, she may have a power yet, or perhaps even their father.
    They seem to be pretty consistent that the powers are not only genetic, but very inheritable, as long as BOTH parents had them. Of course there's a huge pill to swallow that so many powered people mate, but apparently "fate" plays a big part with these people.

H.R.G. man already knew about the invisible man. I wonder how many of "the list" he does know about. Seems like a lot.
    Who says that Eccleston's character is even ON the list? There's no way that list is even remotely complete, since its based on medical tests that can't have been done on most people.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2230837;
    They seem to be pretty consistent that the powers are not only genetic, but very inheritable, as long as BOTH parents had them. Of course there's a huge pill to swallow that so many powered people mate, but apparently "fate" plays a big part with these people.

Who says that Eccleston's character is even ON the list? There's no way that list is even remotely complete, since its based on medical tests that can't have been done on most people.
    And who say's he's NOT on the list? Some of these people no longer go by their real name anyway (pixie girl, Sylar for examples) so he could be on the list under another name. We'll see.

And I don't know what you mean about both parents and fate. It was just an observation. No deep scrutiny warranted. Maybe Hiro has other family with powers, maybe he doesn't. I don't think it means at all that both parents have to have powers.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-05-2007 at 10:34 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Was loving Inviso Man tonight, though.....he was freakin hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2230812;
    Well I old that it was him!

Apparently he's always been a cheating cheater who cheats. It sounds like Claire's mama was a one night stand, who he probably threw some money at and kicked out of a hotel room or something.

====================

So it looks like they plan to make Jessica full time for a while and Syler-like in her eviltude.
    I was right about the Daddy..

I'm not to sure about the cheater part.. that was over 16 years ago,
    how long has Nathan been married and Claire's Mom sounded like
    she knew about Nathan's flying power, something a one night
    stand wouldn't know..
    Something his own wife doesn't about..

Thanks BiggBaddGirl
    I couldn't figure who the Momma was out and I watch Nip/Tuck.
    Last edited by hotrocks; 02-05-2007 at 10:48 PM.
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks;2230858;
    I'm not to sure about the cheater part.. that was over 16 years ago, how long has Nathan been married and Claire's Mom sounded like she knew about Nathan's flying power, something a one night
    stand wouldn't know..Something his own wife doesn't about..
    Maybe Claire's mother was a stripper at his bachelor party.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2230839;
    And who say's he's NOT on the list? Some of these people no longer go by their real name anyway (pixie girl, Sylar for examples) so he could be on the list under another name. We'll see.
    I was still surprised that Claire's father was Nathan. The scene before, where we hear that Inviso-Man has had his powers for 15 years seemed to coincide with Claire's near death as an infant, and HRG's reference to someone not being dead like they thought. I was sure we were going towards Inviso-man as the father, but alas, I was wrong again on this. Good call everyone else.

On a side note, I expect a "no-prize" for noticing that Hiro's Dad/George Takei/Sulu's limosine in his last scene had a license plate with the letters NCC-1701. Very cute Star Trek reference.

About Claire's mom knowing about Nathan's flying power, I thought his accident on the highway that crippled his wife was the revelation of his power to himself. I don't think he knew about it all those years ago, but then again, I've been known to be wrong on this storyline.
    Last edited by muggle; 02-06-2007 at 12:27 AM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2230839;
    Your question was "I wonder how many of 'the list' he does know about. I simply was noting that those numbers would be kind of skewed anyway by the fact that there's very little chance the list could be a complete one anyway. And the list was made by Papa Suresh, not Mr. Bennett, so its not like Bennett's personal history with InvisoMan makes him especially relevant to the list. Add to that the fact that even if Bennett had amended Suresh's list to add people he knew about that Suresh hadn't, he thought InvisoMan was dead. So he wouldn't have added his name.

Does any of this invalidate your opinion that Mr. Bennett might not know a lot of people on the list? Of course not. I'm just wondering how useful the list is in the first place.

By the way, I get a vibe from your response that you might think I was trying to diss you or something. That's not the case. We can argue each other's points here without that assumption, can't we?

And I don't know what you mean about both parents and fate. It was just an observation. No deep scrutiny warranted. Maybe Hiro has other family with powers, maybe he doesn't. I don't think it means at all that both parents have to have powers.
    "Have to"? No, I said "pretty consistent", which is not the same thing.

Two kids with powers. Two sets of natural parents who both have powers. That's probably not an accident.

Does that mean that its the only way its possible to have a powered person? That its proof? No. But its definitely genetic. And they made sure to plot things so we have multiple examples to choose from of two "heroes" spawning powered kids. And we have been told over and over again that "destiny" is bringing these people together. Given all of that, its not unreasonable to think that they've thought this out enough to have a reason for things they've shown us. It could just mean nothing, and maybe it only does take 1 powered parent, but its hardly a bad theory that it MIGHT take two, given the examples we've been shown.

hmmm i need to watch this some more just to get my Eccleston fix in. Of course, if he does have a power, i'd end up thinking,"look... the Doctor has a super power!" because I have a habit for mentaly keeping an actor as the one character I love them for. Like when i watch Rudy, i think "look! a hobit playing football!"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2231030;
    hmmm i need to watch this some more just to get my Eccleston fix in. Of course, if he does have a power, i'd end up thinking,"look... the Doctor has a super power!" because I have a habit for mentaly keeping an actor as the one character I love them for. Like when i watch Rudy, i think "look! a hobit playing football!"
    That's odd. When I saw LOTR I thought "What's Rudy Ruettiger doing dressed like a hobbit?"

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2230985;
    On a side note, I expect a "no-prize" for noticing that Hiro's Dad/George Takei/Sulu's limosine in his last scene had a license plate with the letters NCC-1701. Very cute Star Trek reference.

About Claire's mom knowing about Nathan's flying power, I thought his accident on the highway that crippled his wife was the revelation of his power to himself. I don't think he knew about it all those years ago, but then again, I've been known to be wrong on this storyline.
    Yes you should get a prize.. I didn't even look at the license plate,
    Great catch!!
    I'll have to check it out when I watch it with hubby tomorrow night

You are right about Nathan's flying power, I had forgotten about
    his revelation.. But I think Momma Claire has had her's for along
    time.. She has been running all these years..
    Maybe they have stayed in touch and she knows..
    I'm just guessing, but she sounded like she knew something..
    Will Nathan put together that Claire is the cheerleader that his bother saved?
    OMG this show keeps me thinking...
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

+ Reply to Thread