+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 192 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2222295;
    Peter is having dreams, right before he woke up from the coma he saw the back of the guy with blasts coming out of his hands in a log cabin.
    I still don't get how "dream of guy in Log Cabin" = Nevada.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2223118;
    I still don't get how "dream of guy in Log Cabin" = Nevada.
    They will probably explain it later. When did Peter say he was going to Nevada????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

His reason for going to Nevada had nothing to do with the man in the cabin, and I didn't get the impression that he was dreaming that. I thought that was a clip to show us what was going on with Radioactive Man. Peter's going to Nevada because he thinks it's the safest place to blow up--no one to hurt. On the phone he asked something like, "That's the place where they did all that nuclear testing, right?" He's just trying to not kill millions of people.

And, having driven through Nevada many times, I have to applaud his decision. No one's going to miss anything out there.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by spegs;2223392;
    His reason for going to Nevada had nothing to do with the man in the cabin, and I didn't get the impression that he was dreaming that. I thought that was a clip to show us what was going on with Radioactive Man. Peter's going to Nevada because he thinks it's the safest place to blow up--no one to hurt. On the phone he asked something like, "That's the place where they did all that nuclear testing, right?" He's just trying to not kill millions of people.

And, having driven through Nevada many times, I have to applaud his decision. No one's going to miss anything out there.
    Actually the "Trinity" Test (first US nuclear bomb test) was done on what is now called the White Sands Missile Range which is near the Alamogordo, New Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_site

New Mexico is 2 states away from Nevada, but the way they do not teach geography in the schools these days most folks probably don't know the difference.

I think the point WAS that he didn't know where the bomb tests actually were. He was just thinking "where I have I seen pictures of that's got lots of empty desert" and because he's not the sharpest tool in the shed misaligned that with the bomb tests in his head.

Dramatically, of course, Nevada brings him into contact with several of our cast members, including the as yet unseen Linderman, so its obvious why they've written him using this scatterbrained logic.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I agree with Krom. Peter's not the sharpest knife in the drawer so that's why he choose Nevada. It'll be interesting to see if everyone meets up in Nevada, Texas, or New York because it's got to happen sooner or later.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I"d never heard the That's how we roll line before (really out of touch with pop culture apparently...can someone fill me in?), but even so it seemed totally adorable and Hiro like.
    I don't think he can possibly be Claire's dad...it didn't seem like he'd ever been out of Japan before, his English was really very low level (I assume he'd have to speak to flame lady before impregnating her), he seems too young, and dark hair is a dominant gene and Claire is being presented as a pretty natural blonde. But other than that I like it because I bet they get along great once they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2226658;
    I"d never heard the That's how we roll line before (really out of touch with pop culture apparently...can someone fill me in?), but even so it seemed totally adorable and Hiro like.
    I don't think he can possibly be Claire's dad...it didn't seem like he'd ever been out of Japan before, his English was really very low level (I assume he'd have to speak to flame lady before impregnating her), he seems too young, and dark hair is a dominant gene and Claire is being presented as a pretty natural blonde. But other than that I like it because I bet they get along great once they meet.
    Just google or check out the Urban Dictionary at: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...;s+how+we+roll

1) that is how we act we or are expected to act
    2) amen

yeyuh, that's how we roll me homie

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2226658;
    . . .I don't think he can possibly be Claire's dad...it didn't seem like he'd ever been out of Japan before, his English was really very low level (I assume he'd have to speak to flame lady before impregnating her), he seems too young, and dark hair is a dominant gene and Claire is being presented as a pretty natural blonde. . .
    Ah, but the Hiro of the future (who could time-travel back) "hotted up" a great deal, and his English fluency was near-native. And who knows? He may have had a mutation in the future that gave him a blonde gene somewhere in his swimmers. You never know. . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2220302;
    I think her Dad is Nathan too.
    I'm betting it's Nathan... don't know who else it could be...
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

+ Reply to Thread