+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Nathan has no apparent connection to Texas. That's my biggest problem with that theory. Linderman is such an unknown at this point it wouldn't be hard to plant him in any state they wanted to 16 years back.

I suppose we could find out that Nathan went to college in Texas, but he seems too much the east coast blueblood who has planned all his life to be what he is for that to seem a good fit.

I don't think Peter is too young (or if he is its only marginally) but I also don't sense him having those kinds of secrets. And the mother's call to the father really made it seem like she was playing dumb with Claire--the way she phrased things to the father made me think they were both perfectly aware Claire was still alive and almost definitely where she was. It DID make me think it could be H.R.G. for a moment, and that possibility still exists even though he appears to be unpowered, but Linderman still seems to be a slightly better fit.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I thought Linderman as the father, but I loved seeing Hiro's dad!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2220625;
    I thought Linderman as the father, but I loved seeing Hiro's dad!
    I loved Hiro's reaction, when he found out that his father was the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2220645;
    I loved Hiro's reaction, when he found out that his father was the boss.
    And I think we found our gay character at the same time...Sulu has been out for a few years now. Just kidding...
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2220601;
    Nathan has no apparent connection to Texas. . . I suppose we could find out that Nathan went to college in Texas, but he seems too much the east coast blueblood who has planned all his life to be what he is for that to seem a good fit.
    Yeah -- can you see Nathan as an Aggie, or wearing orange and yelling "Hook 'em Horns"???!! Yee-haw.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2220796;
    Yeah -- can you see Nathan as an Aggie, or wearing orange and yelling "Hook 'em Horns"???!! Yee-haw.
    As a New Yorker living in Austin, Texas, I'd have to say "yes", anything is posssible. Nathan would look good in burnt orange. And he is far too sophisticated to ever be an Aggie.

Maybe he had a fling with her on a business trip (aka Nikki in Vegas).

Come to think of it, another reasonable dispute against it being Nathan is that HRG already kidnapped Nathan in the hotel room in Vegas. There was absolutely no acknowledgement of a previous encounter or recognition between the two at that time, especially in the parking lot scene right after. Seems to me that would contradict any sort of history involving HRG with Claire's parents in the past. He knew nothing of Nathan's flying powers it seemed.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Nathan doesn't have to have a connection to Texas in order to be Claire's father. The interaction with Claire's mother didn't necessarily have to take place in Texas and babies who are adopted don't always stay in the same state they were born in. That being said, I wouldn't rule out Linderman as being the father, or HRG man for that matter.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2220468;
    I think the father is Nathan too. Something about the way his sleeve was rolled and the watch he was wearing reminded me of Nathan.
    The pink shirt reminded me of HRG he is self confident enough to wear that color. Can't see Nathan wearing pink at all he is too high strung for that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my quest to find some spoilers, I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric Roberts is joining the cast as an associate of HRG. And "there's gonna be a kickass flashback episode. According to H.R.G., aka Jack Coleman: "We're about to film the H.R.G. origin episode—where he comes from, how he got to where he is, how he adopted Claire and who his partner used to be. Also, the crisis comes to a head between his family and work in a very big way….By the origin episode you will have a very, very keen understanding of who he is, and it's wonderful, because there's a sympathy for the character that he's never had before and also a certain horror. They've managed to walk that line." Source: Kristin on E!Online

Other info at spoilerfix could be interpreted that HRG is Claire's real father but that's the problem with interpretation. You just never know if you're reading things right. But I still think it's Nathan
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-31-2007 at 08:14 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

An out-there thought on the "Who's the Daddy" speculations:
    How 'bout Hiro of the future having traveled back in time for a little nooky with Ms. Flic-My-Bic?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread