+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

According to the TV Guide spoiler Archiecomic fan posted in the link above:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ausiello: Can you confirm that there will be another death this season?
    Kring: Yeah, I can confirm that.

Ausiello: A major character?
    Kring: It'll be someone who was in the opening minutes of the pilot.

Wasn't that Milo in the opening minutes? My husband says it was the painter....but, I can't remember.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    It's fun to see an actor I've come to enjoy show up on another show. "Hiro" was on "Without A Trace" in a comic situation pulling an agoraphobic out of her apartment. He was hilarious.

I have the last two epis on tape and planned to watch them before it starts again. [
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ] Yes, Drew Barrymore's paranormal role was as the child firestarter. Interesting that Claire who can heal even an autoposy cutting would have a firestarter for a mother. I think it was the painter because in Hiro's future when he is in the painter's loft he is missing.[
    ]
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

1/22/07 episode is 61 minutes long

FYI - 1/22/07 episode is 61 minutes long
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2206096;
    FYI - 1/22/07 episode is 61 minutes long
    Thank you!!!!!!!

I'm not going to watch the show before Heroes (I think "Deal or No Deal"), but according to commercials, they will reveal a new character in commercials during that show. If anyone happens to catch it, please post!!! Thanks in advance.

The online Heroes comic books also "spoil" this character.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The tattoo on Claire's shoulder is also on the handle of the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2212514;
    The tattoo on Claire's shoulder is also on the handle of the sword.
    That symbol is in a lot of places.

And isn't it Jessica's shoulder that we saw it on?

Among other places, we've seen it:

- On the cover of several of Isaac's comic books, as well as his paintings.
    - On Suresh's map.
    - In the file for Sanjog that Papa Suresh kept.
    - On a necklace the Haitian guy wears.
    - Drawn on lots of stuff just sitting around the environment. Books, street signs, etc.

The new ep. just finished here. I liked it a lot. They've kept well on course.

Wonder if Linderman has a power he seems to be involved alot?

Nikki/Jessica has some of the best lines in the show: "who needs God if you me".

I have no doubt that woman will get herself out of prison.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Tonight I had a lot of thoughts about Niki and Jessica. For some reason they just all percolated at once, and I now have a totally new theory on them.

We already think we've figured it out, don't we? Jessica is the dead sister and somehow has become absorbed into Niki.

I don't think that's whats going on at all. Or rather it is, but its not THAT simple. I think the REASON it happened is what's different.

I find it suspicious that Jessica has all of the power. It makes for great plotting, but in many ways it doesn't make sense in the context of the show. But this isn't an error, its a clue.

Tonight we saw that nightstick broken and I think that it was supposed to be NIKI who did that, not Jessica. The look on her face was Niki's.

I think what we will eventually come to realize is that the power--ALL of the power--is Niki's and not Jessica's.

Think about it. The power is genetic. To be genetic you must have a body. The body is Niki's genetically. And I am pretty sure we were told at some point that the sisters were NOT twins, right? A little research on the net seems to show that Niki is 33 now, and that Jessica died at age 11 in 1987. Ergo she was the younger sister and they weren't twins--they were NOT genetically identical.

Sure, the power runs in families and there's every chance Jessica had them. But you need DNA to have genetic powers. Its that simple, and dead people no longer have DNA.

One possibility is that we might learn that Jessica never actually died--that at THAT age when she was supposed to she was somehow genetically merged into her sister, body and DNA both, and thus dissapeared from the planet.

I don't like that explanation. I think Jessica is indeed dead. In fact, I think what she IS going to turn out to be is a ghost, or if you want to be sciency-sounding, a energy remnant of a deceased person.

And the reason she's "bonded" to Niki is that Niki's power is what's called "Necromancy" in fantasy books, although again if you want the pseudo-scientific version its actually some kind of talent to harness the energy left from a dead person.

She doesn't know she has the talent and has no control over it. Harnessing Jessica is thus, unconscious on her part and uncontrolled.

The kicker could be that she's capable of doing this with any dead person--its Jessica now because there WAS that sister connection to make it easier for her to accept it unknowingly. And because she's not in control, what Jessica basically is doing is "possession". But it doesn't have to be that way, nor as I said does it only have to be Jessica once Niki figures it out.

Now back to the issue of Jessica's strength. I said before that the power is all Niki's. What I REALLY meant by that is the control and the genetic "ability". The strength though is not genetic at all, its driven by psychic energy--taken from the ghost basically. In essence, theoretically the ghosts are like big batteries filled with power for the Necromancer. The reason that Jessica can use the power is because she's the one aware of it. It manifested for her as part of the possession process and thus she could hardly ignore it. But NIKI is the one with the ability to use a ghost like a battery, or at least her BODY is, so in a sense its more her ability than the ghost her body is leaching the power from. The power is just their life force, their er... AFTER-life force actually.

The reason I'd like the above approach, providing it even proved out (doubtful, I realize that) is I think they are starting to write themselves into a corner with Niki/Jessica otherwise. Sure she will get out of jail eventually, but then what do we get? More "fugitive" stories? No, the only way she works out is if a.) they kill her or b.) she's redeemed. For the second to happen, Glasses Man has to perhaps get her out legally (as legally as he does anything) and somehow train her to control her power, over Jessica, or any other spirit she comes into contact with. Sure that might kill the neat Jessica snark, but the only way to keep THAT around long term would be for Jessica to WIN and permanently take over Niki's body and be a full time villain. Because the "struggle" angle will play out sooner or later.

+ Reply to Thread