+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

I really enjoyed this show too. It did remind me a bit of the X-Men and the 4400. But that doesn't bother me. The japanese guy was so funny, I don't know if he was supposed to be. When he shouted out Yo-Gurt for no apparent reason I was confused but amused. I'm not sure I liked that exchange between him and his friend/co-worker outside the bar where the co-worker said that everyone in Japan is the same and that's how they like to be, don't try to be different. Also, I'm very confused about the mirror woman's powers. I hope they show more of that and clear it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I really enjoyed this show too. It did remind me a bit of the X-Men and the 4400. But that doesn't bother me. The japanese guy was so funny, I don't know if he was supposed to be. When he shouted out Yo-Gurt for no apparent reason I was confused but amused. I'm not sure I liked that exchange between him and his friend/co-worker outside the bar where the co-worker said that everyone in Japan is the same and that's how they like to be, don't try to be different. Also, I'm very confused about the mirror woman's powers. I hope they show more of that and clear it up a bit.
    I believe looking in the mirror let her know where she has gone wrong in her life and warns her when she is about to make a mistake. Like when she was about to strip for the man holding the video camera.

Personally I don't like the stripper's hidden self. Seems not so Hero like and more villan like. She made a huge mess killing those men and it was very violent......that can't be a "hero" situation. Curious to see where they are going to take her story, especially since her son is a genious. Makes me wonder if maybe the son is going to be the hero and she is someone he might have to stop.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The only surprise was that Nathan was the one who could fly. Tho it might be that his brother, the nurse, might be a precog.
    Loved, LOVED the show! My husband did also, he commented that "finally someone reached into my brain and made my kind of show"
    I rewatched the premiere last night and I think that Peter might actually be an empath. He was dreaming of flying because he is very connected to his brother and was feeling what Nathan wouldn't even admit to feeling. The clue came when he talked about Nathan's accident and said he knew when it happened because he could feel what Nathan was feeling. Anyways, can't wait to watch more and find out for certain what everyone's powers are!

I thought the teenage daughter being the evil pursuer's adopted daughter was surprising.

I was surprised that it was the other brother who could fly, tho it was clear he had some kind of powers.

Nice so far but I hope it gets better. More tightly written, with some complexity of character and with no huge plot points (at least in sci fi standards).

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Personally I don't like the stripper's hidden self. Seems not so Hero like and more villan like. She made a huge mess killing those men and it was very violent......that can't be a "hero" situation.
    She could be like a Spawn type of hero, violent only towards the "bad guys".

I liked it, but was also a little bummed that they pretty much showed the important stuff in the commercials.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Good explanation of the flying thing...explains why in his "dreams" he was sometimes flying and sometimes falling!
    Loved the Japanese guy--adorable with all his Trekiness, his and his friend's. Loved catching words like Spock and Vulcan death grip in the midst of the Japanese!

repeats of episodes on USA

I saw a comercial yesterday that says the Heroes episodes will be repeated on USA at 11pm, sorry did not catch the night they were to be run.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Wow, tonight's episode was amazing. A little graphic, but I loved it. It pretty much sets out the tone of the rest of the season, and presents us with a situation that eventually will have to be dealt with (the 'vision' that Hiro saw).

Enjoyed how all the heroes got into trouble and how all this is connected to a certain comic book.

+ Reply to Thread