+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 192 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2171503;
    I hope this show fares better than The 4400 has. I loved The 4400 at first, but last season it turned into crap. I don't even remember what was so bad about it, it was so bad.
    Some opinions.

http://casualcritic.blogspot.com/200...ientology.html
    http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/200...ummy_post.html
    http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...mes;read=73374

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yeesh. I just did a crash course of the 4400, watching all 3 seasons during the last 2 months. I do love it, but I think the series really dallies with both The Bible and Scientology, not specifically just one of the two. Interesting reads though. The first season was really fantastic, btw.

Heroes does have some parallels with the powers and their developing in the characters. Was Peter smoking on Sean's magic cigar?
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Heroes is using the more classic, and literate, concept that fate (genetics is also fate) is determining who wins the game of Power Bingo.

The 4400, from what I recall, seemed to have a more sinister complicated explanation.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Had a chat with my doc today about Heroes...he knows someone who knows someone who told him that the actor who plays Hiro has an American accent when he speaks Japanese. Kind of like the "Korean" actor on LOST who apparently had basically no knowledge of Korean. Convincing to us who only speak English tho!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2173135;
    Had a chat with my doc today about Heroes...he knows someone who knows someone who told him that the actor who plays Hiro has an American accent when he speaks Japanese. Kind of like the "Korean" actor on LOST who apparently had basically no knowledge of Korean. Convincing to us who only speak English tho!
    I grew up in Japan, so I speak fluent Japanese. I've been trying to hear their accents, but they speak so fast, it's difficult even for me to hear their Japanese clearly. I'm pretty sure Ando has an accent more than Hiro. I haven't figured out if Hiro has an accent - so far, I don't think so, but I'm not completely convinced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2173417;
    I grew up in Japan, so I speak fluent Japanese. I've been trying to hear their accents, but they speak so fast, it's difficult even for me to hear their Japanese clearly. I'm pretty sure Ando has an accent more than Hiro. I haven't figured out if Hiro has an accent - so far, I don't think so, but I'm not completely convinced yet.
    How great to actually speak the language that we have to read subtitles for!
    I thought that I read the actor playing Hiro is an American, and had to learn Japanese phonetically. First TV Guide article on Heroes I think mentioned that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2174640;
    How great to actually speak the language that we have to read subtitles for!
    I thought that I read the actor playing Hiro is an American, and had to learn Japanese phonetically. First TV Guide article on Heroes I think mentioned that.
    Wow, then I'm really impressed... he goes so fast!

If the guy playing Hiro had to learn Japanese phonetically, that's really impressive. I can't hear any accent in Hiro's Japanese. I think I detected a bit of foreign intonation in Ando's Japanese though. Their Japanese is very fast and truncated. In any case, they both speak Japanese really well.

Okay I watched the second episode and had a couple of thoughts. I don't think Hiro saw Issac brainless in the apartment. I think it was either Sylar or Radioactive man. Also in the same episode we meet Shandra's pet lizard "Mohinder". The mysterious images on everything looks very much like that lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange;2178095;
    Also in the same episode we meet Shandra's pet lizard "Mohinder". The mysterious images on everything looks very much like that lizard.
    Mmmmm....well...maybe Hiro has to slay what/whoever is behind that symbol, then!

+ Reply to Thread