+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 192 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by xjeff99;2168341;
    Hearing it from me first - Peter blows up becausea ll the heroes come together in one spot and he can't handle having all the powers at one time.
    That's what I was thinking too, it's like a power overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Now I'm wondering why he went back in time that far? Well, he did mention that he was afraid to go back in time because he was afraid of becoming a meal for a dinosaur!
    Maybe he can't control how far back or forward he can go, or hasn't figured out how to do it exactly yet.

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2168500;
    I agree. All I saw was a blood spatter. I didn't know if it was her or Sylar. I guess it would make more sense fr the series to have a villain continue on, but I would speculate that other villains may arise in the future.
    It never occurred to me that she didn't die, since the previous weeks previews kept saying one of the heroes would die in that episode. But, I hope that she didn't, because I was really starting to like her and was hoping she would kill Sylar.

Now this is just my imagination running away with me - but what if Sylar has the ability to take on someone else's identity. I noticed that intense look on Nathan's face in the previews and thought what if that is Sylar just looking as if he is Nathan, and he is causing Peter to blow up? But, then what if good guy Nathan and all the other heroes are there to fight Sylar who is using Peter's identity?

I didn't see any scar on Peter before he blows up, and when Hiro from the future ran into Peter on the subway - he said that he almost didn't recognize Peter without that scar - so somewhere along the way Peter will acquire a scar. If Peter blows up - why mention the scar that he was supposed to acquire if it never happens?

Good memory regarding the scar! To me, the whole thing had a dream like quality to it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, I think it was meant to be some kind of vision...not quite sure where he gets that from...bleed from the painter?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowWindy;2168935;
    Read the newest graphic novel. It definitely answers that question.
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novel_011.shtml
    Wow, absolutely answers the question of whether the hypnotist girl is alive or dead! I'll spoiler this...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it shows Claire's dad paying a condolence call on the girl's alcoholic jerk of a father, and almost beating him up over his attitude toward his daughter. Claire's dad says she died a hero. So, I'm thinking, definitely dead.
    ....for those who don't want to know before Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2167930;
    Am I the only one who though Nathan looked just a wee bit (more) evil (than usual) when he was walking out of the campaign office in NY? I'm very suspicious of him.
    You are not alone. Is this Nathan's first election or has he been in Washington before? If so, he could be in on a conspiracy to collect and shut down the mutants. And does Claire's dad work for a private company or a secret government agency? I think Peter's vision of himself blowing up is false - or it was given now so he could find a way to prevent it. Will the "boy" in India play a part in clarifying the visions and quests? I'm glad Chandra has chosen his father's path and returned to New York. Will he break out of his isolation and connect the dots right in front of him? Now that she's been saved, Claire needs to dump the cheerleader outfit and hop a bus for New York. Also - Micah has power (how could he miss with his powered up father and mother) which he sort of demonstrated early in the show - what is that power and how will it fit with the others?

And Hiro...hooray for Hiro and the endlessly patient, Endo.

Fascinating show...can't wait for January!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

True about it being a vision; I guess what I meant was I think it isn't something that is fated to happen.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

This is the first time I've been in this thread and don't know if anyone has picked up on this show having a similar theme to The 4400. The difference being that Heros is founded on genetic mutation and The 4400 is founded on the future making "manual" adjustments to humans. However, in each show, individual powers are individual with the goal of changing the future. The 4400 is a political statement about our current world while Heros seems to be a human statement about change and acceptance - in either case, growth and understanding of ourselves is key. What does our future hold?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The 4400, from what I recall, seems to take a kind of Scientological point of view, doesn't it? The POV in Heroes, as you say, does seem to be a bit more humanistic.

On another board I read some comparisons to some much older comic books (older than even the 4400 TV series, I mean). Marvel had something called "New Universe" in the mid to late 80s on this exact theme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe

Also, J. Michael Straczynski, the guy who wrote "Babylon 5", wrote a comic book, again with the same themes as Heroes, the 4400, and New Universe called "Rising Stars". This one was in 1999, so it still post-dates New Universe by quite a bit, but beats "the 4400" by about 5 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Stars

In other words, Heroes ain't new ground, in any way. But...

...its the first product of its kind to gain real mass appeal. So its valuable for that if nothing else.

The common conceit in all of these stories is that its a "real world", as much as possible, and that people act like real people and not caped spandexed idiots.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

WHAT??!?? The only reason I watch this show is because they're all going to turn into caped spandexed idiots soon.

I hope this show fares better than The 4400 has. I loved The 4400 at first, but last season it turned into crap. I don't even remember what was so bad about it, it was so bad. I'm expectantly hopeful that Heroes will maintain it's momentum.

+ Reply to Thread