+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 192 FirstFirst ... 91141181182183184185186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1911
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Re: Heroes on NBC

This show started out so wonderfully. #@$% writers strike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    This show started out so wonderfully. #@$% writers strike!!!
    imo, season 2 was helped by the writers strike

i actually thought the short season was pretty good

if you look at the bluray extras and see the direction they were initially going, it was gonna be horrible

i changed my view on heroes on a whole, after it was all done i marathoned the whole series and it was completely watchable evn the later seasons

strangely enough, season 1 had the lowest rewatchability factor for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    imo, season 2 was helped by the writers strike

i actually thought the short season was pretty good

if you look at the bluray extras and see the direction they were initially going, it was gonna be horrible

i changed my view on heroes on a whole, after it was all done i marathoned the whole series and it was completely watchable evn the later seasons

strangely enough, season 1 had the lowest rewatchability factor for me
    I'm going to have to agree, though not necessarily with the watchability of season one. I did the whole think as a marathon as well (never saw it in it's original run) and never quite understood what people were complaining about.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I haven't rewatched it recently but to me, Season One was the best. The characters were interesting enough on their own. They didn't need to put them in the ridiculous situations they did later, with people kidnapping them to study them and keep them from harming others. There were bits and parts in later seasons that were good but overall, I felt like the magic spark that started the whole series flickered and went out somewhere along the way.

Heroes started off so good, I never thought it would be cancelled. If they could have kept up the momentum from the first season, I don't think it would have been cancelled.

I always thought Sylar should have been given a spinoff show. I would love to have seen his childhood and how he become a villain.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.

I have just finished the next several episodes of season 4 ending with Hiro and Ando freeing Dr. Suresh from the insane asylum. This is what I loved about the show, the good guys running trying to save each other all while Hiro is talking fanboy. I loved the fanboy language. I even was beginning to understand it. At this point in the season with the good guys getting a handle on the Carnival and Samuel you can feel the pace step up, HRG's is not longer moping, he does what he does best and the show becomes fun to watch again. Peter I believe is the weakest of the characters at this point, he is lost and without purpose. He will destroy himself unless he changes his path. I did find it interesting that Lydia mentioned that Peter was a potential replacement for Joseph. Peter needs a dose of his mom and he blindly tries to change the future by smashing Emma's cello. He may have unknowingly actually pushed her onto the path of destruction. Then there is Sylar as a potential hero and possible boyfriend to Claire?? Can we say eek!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Peter was my favorite character, at least in season one. As he became more and more lame, Sylar stepped up as my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I haven't rewatched it recently but to me, Season One was the best. The characters were interesting enough on their own. They didn't need to put them in the ridiculous situations they did later, with people kidnapping them to study them and keep them from harming others. There were bits and parts in later seasons that were good but overall, I felt like the magic spark that started the whole series flickered and went out somewhere along the way.

Heroes started off so good, I never thought it would be cancelled. If they could have kept up the momentum from the first season, I don't think it would have been cancelled.

I always thought Sylar should have been given a spinoff show. I would love to have seen his childhood and how he become a villain.
    now thats a show I would watch for sure
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Peter was my favorite character, at least in season one. As he became more and more lame, Sylar stepped up as my favorite.
    I liked them both best when they thought they were brothers and worked together.

I was all set to watch the last three episodes of season 4 and got about 3/4's of the way through the third to last episode when I had to stop. I was just so filled with disgust at the stupidity of the writing. There was Noah Bennet all ready to take Samuel out when he agreed to Claire's proposal that Samuel give himself up when all of a sudden the carnival is under attack and the only person killed is Lydia who Samuel only a little while ago threaten and realized is a potential threat. I just don't buy that he came up with a plan in that short a time to set up Noah Bennett at the fall guy. I am amazed that HRG came into the situation with out backup and into a situation of what at least a 60 to 70 specials? His plans are elegant this was not. What really blow my mind is watching Replicator Man shoot down his own people at night in a standing position. How he managed to simply shoot Samuel in the shoulder and yet kill Lydia without a night scope and standing and not even probably bracing this one arm is mind boggling never mind he did it seemingly without a night scope. Do the writers think we are idiots. This entire scenario and the way it was done was unbelievable and totally breaks the fourth wall. I hope I can get over my mad and just finish watching this series.

Finished the shooting episode and now am on to Peter and Sylar trapped in Sylar's head episode. Felt the other story arc of how Noah became a company man was a bit of a throw away story. Were the writers even thinking about what they were doing at this point. It feels very rushed to get to the finale.

Last episode, ummmmm........Edgar, supposedly the killer of Joseph is standing around with a word of discontent from his fellow specials? Yeah that flies.

+ Reply to Thread