+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180181182183184185186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1911
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Re: Heroes on NBC

Am I the only one that thinks the last four or so episodes of this show have been really good? I really hope they keep it up, and decide to come back for another season.

Sylar was cracking me up last night with his "one liners". Especially the one when he said "that was so two months ago" when Matt asked him if he wanted in his head again.

I wasn't surprised Samuel set up HRG to make it look like he was the one who opened fire, so he (Samuel) could get back in the good graces of his carnival "family".

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;3810299;
    Am I the only one that thinks the last four or so episodes of this show have been really good? I really hope they keep it up, and decide to come back for another season.

Sylar was cracking me up last night with his "one liners". Especially the one when he said "that was so two months ago" when Matt asked him if he wanted in his head again.
    You aren't the only one! I have really been enjoying this season a LOT!

I just love Sylar. I am really glad that it looks like they found a way to forge a new connection between him and Peter and are turning him in a good direction again. I was sad when they abandoned that path in the interrupted season. I cracked up when Peter and Sylar were trapped and the example book they were using was The Pillars of the Earth. That happens to be the book I am right in the middle of reading at the moment!! (and btw, it is excellent )

I can't believe next week is the season finale already!

I was shocked when they announced next week as the season finale. Have we seen that many episodes already? This season was enjoyable and I am still a Sylar fan.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, it's been a great season, and I love the nice Sylar everytime he appears.

Who is John Galt?

I am getting disenchanted with Heroes. This season for me was too villians centered and not enough on the heroes. I did not like Claire's "intimate" relationship with her college girlfriend as it seemed contrived just to satisfy a specific group of fans and the need for political correctness and did not really factor into the plot. I would have preferred her to have a boyfriend (but then my romantic interests obviously lie in that direction). And, where was my favorite eye candy, Dr. Suresh? The character of Hiro started to get old two seasons ago, but this season his plot line was much better. I don't really like Sylar as a hero. He is way too good as a villian. The only real juicy acting was done by Robert "Tea Bag" Knepper. He is an excellent actor.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3824289;
    I am getting disenchanted with Heroes. This season for me was too villians centered and not enough on the heroes. I did not like Claire's "intimate" relationship with her college girlfriend as it seemed contrived just to satisfy a specific group of fans and the need for political correctness and did not really factor into the plot. I would have preferred her to have a boyfriend (but then my romantic interests obviously lie in that direction). And, where was my favorite eye candy, Dr. Suresh? The character of Hiro started to get old two seasons ago, but this season his plot line was much better. I don't really like Sylar as a hero. He is way too good as a villian. The only real juicy acting was done by Robert "Tea Bag" Knepper. He is an excellent actor.
    Speaking of actors who make good villians! I don't mind his moments of occasional vulnerability (as at the end of Prison Break when he had, briefly, a nice office job and loved it, or here when he was courting his old girlfriend) when combined with his great evilness. He might be boring playing a hero though.

I recorded all of season four and am finally getting a chance to watch it. I am about half way done and just finished the Thanksgiving Day episode. What kinda pisses me off about this season is the character of Samuel. When you first see him you think of this great conspiracy story arc with Samuel behind it. Samuel comes across as this great charismatic cult like leader who is gathering all the specials but we just find out that Samuel didn't even have a clue as to what was going on until 8 weeks ago. He has been protected all his life. We see him as a drunk and all of a sudden, he knows about Primatech, he knows about the other specials and has been managing this huge master plan to become the all powerful. I don't buy it. That is weak plot and terrible writing. All this show has become is humans killing specials and specials killing specials.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't want to spoil your fun but other than season 1 there are only about 6 to 10 episodes through the rest of the seasons that is even worth watching IMO to me season 1 was awesome and if they had stuck to the format that they were originally going to do a new set of characters and a new storyline each season it might still be on the air
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't want to spoil your fun but other than season 1 there are only about 6 to 10 episodes through the rest of the seasons that is even worth watching IMO to me season 1 was awesome and if they had stuck to the format that they were originally going to do a new set of characters and a new storyline each season it might still be on the air
    Well, season 1 and 2 I think were good then it started to go. I didn't realize that they intended to have new characters that often, but if they gave each set of new characters a 2 season story arc then that would have made sense. I think that would have worked in the UK were the audience is more primed to see longer and shorted season story arcs but I can't see that format working anytime soon here in the US. Would have been interesting though.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Seasons 1 and 2 were the best. The entire show changed for me when that writer's strike came and then the show changed. I miss my Peter Patrelli!

+ Reply to Thread