+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3709347;
    Oh I was going back and forth on her too! At first I thought she got rid of the roomie to get closer to Claire....but then she seems to really want to push the murder angle and figure it out so.....
    I know. What is up with her. Why did she reveal (in a coyish manner) that she knew who Claire was. I got such a stalker vibe from her as time went on. If Claire hadn't been with her at the party, I would have thought she pushed the roommate out the window so she could claim her bed. Weird.

I don't know if I like the Gypsy storyline yet. Yes the series needed freshening, and yes I, too, am glad Danner is gone, but why wasn't the Cartel, or who is left of them, aware? It sounded as though this tribe had been around for a long time. When it comes down to it, the Cartel, who seemed all powerful in the beginning seasons, really was an ant in the overall scheme of things.

The new season theme is redemption...but, for whom? It looks like all of our heroes get pulled back into the "business". The Compass is going to be a huge deal this go around. The Gypsies buried one with the brother who died and had one stolen (?) by Danner...now retrieved. The leader talks about everyone coming home - to the carnival? or home in the sense that they will be open with their abilities?

The whole carnival/compass storyline really pulls from Stephen King, doesn't it?

Fascinating start to the season.

I missed may episodes at the end of last season and was a bit lost. I do have a (very stupid) question: how does HRG make it to CA and back to the east coast so quickly?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3709365;
    The new season theme is redemption...but, for whom? It looks like all of our heroes get pulled back into the "business". The Compass is going to be a huge deal this go around. The Gypsies buried one with the brother who died and had one stolen (?) by Danner...now retrieved. The leader talks about everyone coming home - to the carnival? or home in the sense that they will be open with their abilities?

The whole carnival/compass storyline really pulls from Stephen King, doesn't it?

Fascinating start to the season.
    It's interesting to me that Peter and HRG didn't figure out what the compass does. HRG held it, it didn't spin. Peter took it and spun like crazy. It's an indicator of who has 'power' and who doesn't. But I don't know quite what the point of it is.

I didn't see them getting rid of Danko so quickly. That was a little surprise. Can't say I'm not happy about it though! LOL

Yes, it does seem a little Stephen King-ish. Creepy, yet fascinating...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm sick of Claire. Cringe at the thought of having to endure her "college years" (having to deal with her whiny high school years was enough). And I'm kinda sick of Hiro and all of his "yattas!" too.

i won't form a judgement just yet until a couple more episodes... i endured watching it out last season on dvr and it ended somewhat decently. and i see Kring wrote the episode, so i'll give it another shot and see if the show can get some REDEMPTION

i thought the premier was kinda boring and pretty much figured the whole Claire - Dark Haired girl thing out from the jump; and How/Why does Claire think she can jump out the window and shuffle her bones thinking noone will see

Matt Parkman/Sylar gets a thumbs down

T-bags, i still don't know how i feel about his character or the whole traveling circus thing

I'll admit it was better than last season, but there was still a little something missing. Maybe it was because I had to catch it online (and that's a lot to watch online). But I'm just not feeling it yet. I'm hoping it becomes a must watch live and not a tape and watch later show like it is now.

Any thoughts on tonights episode?

There is definitely a weird vibe with Gretchen. I think she is going to turn on Claire in some way. She is creepy enough to turn into a female version of Sylar!

Still don't like Parkman either. My son was wondering what would happen to Sylar if Parkman died. This show frustrates him to no end because he puts WAY too much thtought into it!

Regarding the gypsies. I don't completely "get" the head guys ink power. He has this ink thing and he has the compass in his wrist, but the ink also seems to be tied to the gypsy girl since she knows things about people. Kind of like she is an extension of his ability...? And does Peter automatically absorb the power that he comes in close proximity to? I thought he had to conciously absorb a power - esp since he can only have one at a time now, but he seemed to pick up the compass thing from the gypsy...

I think Gretchen just acks like that because she is an outcast and is ecstatic to have a new friend

I get the impression that she is the daughter of the tatted gypsy girl (who mentioned she *had a daughter* then reached for the lovely Palm Pre )

for a minute i suspected that HRG knew Gretchen (from his company days)... but guess i was wrong

I still don't know what Samuel's (learned his name--no longer Tbag) actual power is because he can "move the earth" below him AND manipulate ink? is it a dual power or can he just manipulate things

i wasn't digging the Parkman/Sylar thing at first, but liked he Parkman got conned into using his powers again; It will be interesting to see if Matt taps Sylar more often and maybe he can use Sylars abilities like Sylar used his

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3713799;
    I think Gretchen just acks like that because she is an outcast and is ecstatic to have a new friend

I get the impression that she is the daughter of the tatted gypsy girl (who mentioned she *had a daughter* then reached for the lovely Palm Pre )

for a minute i suspected that HRG knew Gretchen (from his company days)... but guess i was wrong

I still don't know what Samuel's (learned his name--no longer Tbag) actual power is because he can "move the earth" below him AND manipulate ink? is it a dual power or can he just manipulate things

i wasn't digging the Parkman/Sylar thing at first, but liked he Parkman got conned into using his powers again; It will be interesting to see if Matt taps Sylar more often and maybe he can use Sylars abilities like Sylar used his
    That's what I think, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Samuel (T-bag) can do other things with the ink as well as work with the gypsy girl... e.g., where he had the ink turn into a hand tatoo on the guy's neck that strangled him to make him talk. Hard to see the connection of the ink and dirt moving.

+ Reply to Thread