+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

So if Peter is near to all the other heros, then he's on par with Sylar?
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2105097;
    Nikki's power is still confusing, even if we've now seen her. So it's the power to turn into a bitch? Sure, she seemed strong, but they didn't show anything THAT out of the ordinary. No exhibition of inhuman strength. Nothing but a lousy tattoo I don't think we saw on non-evil Nikki's back.
    Agreed. She's not a "superhero" from what they have shown. So far all they have shown is that she has a psychological problem, not a "power." There are plenty of people in mental institutions that are just like her. Multi-personalities... not a "power." I'm really hoping that they make it clear soon what her "power" is or develop it better.

I'm also hoping that they fix Issac's power in some fashion. What kind of message are they sending by showing that drugs give you powers?

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2105501;
    However, I came away with more than a few new questions! Like, how did Nikki sleeping with Nathan cancel out her debt? It was obvious that they were taping it, so is someone going to use that tape for some purpose that was worth cancelling her debt?
    Nikki sleeping with Nathan has HUGE power! Remember, Nathan is running for office and is married; catching him in a licentious tryst with ANYONE will derail his career. If Clair's dad is part of some covert operation that "has no initials", they could either use the tape to have complete control over Nathan, once IN office, or they could prevent him from getting into office. So, is Nathan more valuable to "them" in or out of office?? And, isn't it grand to see Adrian Pasdar again?!! I've never stopped loving him since PROFIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Nobody has said she saves the world. Merely that to save her will ALSO save the world.

It sounds more like her death is a potential catalyst, not that she herself is the one responsible for stopping that bomb. What's she gonna do? Hug a nuclear bomb and absorb the explosion?
    My take on "save the cheerleader", meant "Save her from her Dad!" Her adoptive Eeeee-vil Dad obviously loves her, but will love 'save' her? If he's part of an agenda to "round up all the mutants", is he going to become all Mad Scientist on his daughter and use HER as part of an ultimate weapon? I think the Heros will have to find her and convince her to leave her father; too bad that none of the heros are old enough to be the real parents that she is wanting to learn about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii
    I'm also hoping that they fix Issac's power in some fashion. What kind of message are they sending by showing that drugs give you powers?
    I'm not being a proponent of drug use, but if you remember, many ancient cultures would use mushrooms and other hallucinagens to get themselves into Altered States. It's not like he's shooting up and staring at his toes; he uses the heroin as a Gate Key to open up the Portal to his ability to channel future events.
    Last edited by lambikins; 10-17-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2105563;
    I'm not being a proponent of drug use, but if you remember, many ancient cultures would use mushrooms and other hallucinagens to get themselves into Altered States. It's not like he's shooting up and staring at his toes; he uses the heroin as a Gate Key to open up the Portal to his ability to channel future events.
    I would agree except for the fact that the ancient cultures that you are discussing used natural ingredients. Heroin doesn't grow in nature. And it would be "a cultural choice" for Isaac, but it's not. He's a person with a drug problem, who just happens to get powers from his drug use. Plus they have already shown him ODing on heroin (per the first ep.).

Quote Originally Posted by Mertii;2105605;
    I would agree except for the fact that the ancient cultures that you are discussing used natural ingredients. Heroin doesn't grow in nature. And it would be "a cultural choice" for Isaac, but it's not. He's a person with a drug problem, who just happens to get powers from his drug use. Plus they have already shown him ODing on heroin (per the first ep.).

Very good points, Mertii. I forgot about the O.D.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Did anyone notice the close up of Nikki's tattoo when she was sleeping? They zoomed in close so I am thinking 1. that Nikki doesn't have a tattoo and they are two different people how I can't imagine or 2. it means something. My husband noticed it too.

Also, I loved Hiero (sp) new superhero look when he came back from the future to warn the fly guy!

I love this show and just discovered my cable box went out last night during the broadcast...hence no DVR recording. I just read my Peter mimic powers prediction came true (thanks JThom921), but can anyone give me a quick basic recap of the whole episode?
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Hiro is my favorite. I didn't even recognize him on the subway at first.

I was wondering about the tattoo, too. Do both personalities have it? I would assume they do, since they share the same body. Was that Nikki or Not-Nikki sleeping in the bed (Nikki doesn't always know where she is or what she's done when she comes to)? The fact that daddy dearest doesn't want her makes me think either she is a red herring who has no powers, or that daddy dearest isn't picking up on her powers because they are only present part of the time.

I get it that the format of the show is based on a comic, but it's time to lose that cheerleading outfit. She didn't come to life and start to heal until the stick was removed from her brain - if this car wreck causes her massive head injuries... Hope the air bag deploys.
    I'll put out the guess that all of the heros do have to come together to be fully effective and therefore must save the cheerleader to save the world.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 10-17-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fan
    im gonna make a guess and say Nathan is Sylar?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2105693;
    I was wondering about the tattoo, too. Do both personalities have it? I would assume they do, since they share the same body. Was that Nikki or Not-Nikki sleeping in the bed (Nikki doesn't always know where she is or what she's done when she comes to)?
    I think it's just her alter ego that has the tattoo. Her "power" seems to be a Dr. Jeckyl / Mr. Hyde type of thing. That symbol seems to pop up a lot, I remember seeing it in the pool (it was a cluster of leaves floating on the surface I think) when the cop found the little girl in the hidden room. It has to be something that ties all the "heroes" together.

+ Reply to Thread