+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2104593;
    Hey, look how long THE DEAD ZONE has milked the Apocalypse that Johnny is supposed to foresee! Also, it seems that LOST has gone on for three long years but in their time, it's like 2 months.

It's too good of a show for it to continue. It will die the GOOD SHOW SYNDROME, go onto DVD land, and then become a cult classic, spawning it's own comic book.

Wait and see.
    Good point Lambikins.

I actually like this show better than LOST...Lost is heavy on the flashbacks....

First we had SuperHiro, now we have FutureHiro!

Nikki's power is still confusing, even if we've now seen her. So it's the power to turn into a bitch? Sure, she seemed strong, but they didn't show anything THAT out of the ordinary. No exhibition of inhuman strength. Nothing but a lousy tattoo I don't think we saw on non-evil Nikki's back.

As for Nathan... I just don't get it. Other than being a lousy cheating spouse, it almost seemed like the point of his scene with Nikki was to show him as a good guy, not a bad one.

I'm also wondering how Evil Dad is traveling around so fast. He must have a teleporter in his service already.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2098052;
    :

After some thought, I think Peter's power may not be flying, but more likely the ability to mimic the power of whatever "hero" he comes in contact with. He was only able to fly after he was caught by his brother. And in the first episode, they showed him drawing a picture of himself flying after he bumped into the artist (i think that's what happened...open for thoughts on this one).

Seems pretty easy to start comparing each of their powers to someone in the X-Men...Cylar definately has a Evil metal controlling Magneto vibe, Claire is Wolverine, Hiro is Nightcrawler (sort of), Nathan is Angel, Suresh is Xavier, and Peter might be Rogue.

I'm sold on this show and won't miss a moment of it. Hope there's more of you out there watching as well.
    wow...
    you were completely right. peter can't fly but he has the ability of all the heroes' powers wrapped into one wenever he's in contact with them. does this mean that he is the ultimate hero or somthing? if all of them end up in the same place...peter could get pretty darn powerful.

now what i don't get is how the cheerleader is the one who they have to save to save the world.
    any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hardluck18;2104744;
    I actually like this show better than LOST...Lost is heavy on the flashbacks....
    I hear ya. I've lost interest in LOST: I'm tired of the never-ending love triangles, the cast of 1000's, the plot that goes NOWHERE...

At least with this show, so far, there seems to be progress with the storyline.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Jthom921;2105105;
    now what i don't get is how the cheerleader is the one who they have to save to save the world.
    any thoughts?
    Nobody has said she saves the world. Merely that to save her will ALSO save the world.

It sounds more like her death is a potential catalyst, not that she herself is the one responsible for stopping that bomb. What's she gonna do? Hug a nuclear bomb and absorb the explosion?

With her we have to use the "could Wolverine of the X-Men do it" rule, I think. Except like... even less. She doesn't have claws, or super-reflexes, or in fact any fighting skills at all. All she does is heal. Heck, the only effective offense we've seen from her is a situation where she had to hurt herself in order to hurt someone else.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-17-2006 at 12:47 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

hmm

Saw the show tonight,

I am taking a shine to this show more and more...

Definitely more than Lost for the inevitable comparison.

I like the comic book font touches, and the way it is unfolding and evolving.
    I really like the future Hiro coming to give a message to Peter (Rogue-like guy)
    Hiro's story is quite interesting, he seems identifiable too.

I wonder if some more evil guys with powers will come into the picture. A little more peril needs to happen, (like 24 or Prison Break).

I wonder if they'll pull the old "bad guys are good, good guys are bad" trick later on.

I really enjoyed last night's episode - it definitely answered some questions - like that Peter's "ability" is being able to replicate the power of whomever he is around, and that they do manage to keep the bomb from going off - at least that must be what happens since "future Hiro" comes back to give Peter a message.

However, I came away with more than a few new questions! Like, how did Nikki sleeping with Nathan cancel out her debt? It was obvious that they were taping it, so is someone going to use that tape for some purpose that was worth cancelling her debt?

Also, what are they doing with the policeman in the beginning, and then Nathan at the end, where Claire's dad said something to the effect of "go deep - clean him out," (about the cop) and then "take him, leave her" (about Nathan) to the "unknown" (Sylar?) guy that was with him?

Oh, and I absolutely LOVED Claire's revenge at the end!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2105501;
    I really enjoyed last night's episode - it definitely answered some questions - like that Peter's "ability" is being able to replicate the power of whomever he is around, and that they do manage to keep the bomb from going off - at least that must be what happens since "future Hiro" comes back to give Peter a message.

However, I came away with more than a few new questions! Like, how did Nikki sleeping with Nathan cancel out her debt? It was obvious that they were taping it, so is someone going to use that tape for some purpose that was worth cancelling her debt?

Also, what are they doing with the policeman in the beginning, and then Nathan at the end, where Claire's dad said something to the effect of "go deep - clean him out," (about the cop) and then "take him, leave her" (about Nathan) to the "unknown" (Sylar?) guy that was with him?

I also liked it when Hiro and his friend were confronted in the alley after the poker game. Like all comic books the heroes have to overcome some hardship before beating the villian. So far Nikki and Hiro have crossed pathes in Vegas and the indian guy is on his way, so that leaves Peter and Claire to find a reason to go over there.

Please, they now have a lever against a possible US Senator.

That's D.L. Hawkins, Nikki's husband.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread