+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Heroes on NBC

Somehow "Gabriel" is sexier than "Sylar"---maybe because he has to seduce to get what he wants instead of just grabbing. Sylar before his powers seemed to have been kind of a dork, but "Gabriel" seems to have acquired some smooth we never saw before.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2647353;
    Somehow "Gabriel" is sexier than "Sylar"---maybe because he has to seduce to get what he wants instead of just grabbing. Sylar before his powers seemed to have been kind of a dork, but "Gabriel" seems to have acquired some smooth we never saw before.
    I agree. "Gabriel" is a sexy-smooth Latin-based name, while "Sylar" is more of a sci-fi/fantasy, kinda nerdy, comic-book name. I think you've got something there!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wow!! Can I be the first to say for all of us who've been hanging in there this season...what a great episode last night!! So many questions answered, so many new ones to ask. The whole virus thing absolutely freaks me out. That is my hugest nightmare. I remember when "The Stand" first came out on TV, I couldn't watch because the whole idea of a fast spreading deadly virus just seemed too real and it terrified me. But I'll stick this one out. Couldn't miss now if I wanted too. I hope they hurry up and give the writers what they rightfully deserve so they can stop this strike.....Heroes is definately back to must see TV!!!

I can't wait for next week's episode. It looks exciting.

CCL

Rumour has it that Tim Kring, the series creator, has quit the show.
    But according to this article from the AP he still seems to be with the show:
    Tim Kring, a producer and writer of the NBC hit "Heroes," said he had to revise the ending of the show's 11th episode on the chance that it might be the last one to air this season.

"Fortunately we were able to hustle back," Kring said from a picket line in an effort to shut down the show. "The audience won't be left in a lurch."
    The Associated Press: Strike Sends Late-Night Shows to Reruns
    So hopefully it was just a rumour...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL, I read somewhere (or saw on an enternment news show, can't remember which) that Heroes was originally set to air in two "volumes" this season, and that the first section had been filmed already. So my understanding is they are planning on airing the completed first section, and then waiting to start back up with the second after the strike. There is supposed to be some sense of closure at the end of Volume 1, but of course leaving things open to fully resolve by the end of Volume 2, which was to be the end of the season. All I know is, after last night, it's going to be tough waiting either way!! But I certainly hope Kring hasn't quit, this is definately one of those shows that needs the vision of its creator to keep it going.

CCL

Thanks for the information, Katydyd. It was quite a good episode. I was one of the few who liked Hiro in Ancient Japan but it is nice to see him back in present day. Of course it makes sense now why his being in Japan was important in the first place, what with Adam Monroe (spelling?) still apparently seeking revenge against him. Speaking of Adam and his apparently having lived for 400 years, I wonder if that means that Claire can/will live forever and I wonder if they will have her find that out. I can see that freaking her out a bit.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2651707;
    Thanks for the information, Katydyd. It was quite a good episode. I was one of the few who liked Hiro in Ancient Japan but it is nice to see him back in present day. Of course it makes sense now why his being in Japan was important in the first place, what with Adam Monroe (spelling?) still apparently seeking revenge against him. Speaking of Adam and his apparently having lived for 400 years, I wonder if that means that Claire can/will live forever and I wonder if they will have her find that out. I can see that freaking her out a bit.
    Definitely hurts with the boyfriend seeking! See the vampire/human romance discussion on other threads! Since he doesn't look any older, I wonder at what age Claire will stop aging? This would make her only "age appropriate" mate her Uncle Peter... or Adam himself, who's maybe some great grandpa of hers.

CCL, I'm with you, I'm one of the few that actually liked the Hiro in ancient Japan too...I figured he was going to find out that his childhood hero was really himself. And I felt bad that once again he loses the girl As far as Adam goes (nice biblical reference to the first man/hero BTW) I agree with another poster who said they though he will turn out to be Papa Petrelli. The "dark secret" in their family that was mentioned last night maybe? Mrs. Petrelli would have been young enough for him once, and of course once she aged and he didn't, he'd have to leave...not to mention that it may have all been part of his revenge plot in the first place. But that would make Adam Claire's grandfather and explain her particular power. Hmmm, and following along with that same thought, I wonder if Nathan and Peter are half brothers and Peter isn't Adam's son...OK, all too confusing for me now. Time to sit back and really enjoy the ride.....

I liked the preview to next week. Elle playing with Pete's face as if it were a toy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread