+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

Re: Heroes on NBC

Because the ratings fell abit during that 6 week hiatus NBC does not want to lose any more viewers of Heroes, in fact it is looking toward Heroes and other scifi/alternative fantasy shows to help in the ratings wars. So to help us over the summer hump there will be a 6 wk (6 episode) miniseries called Heroes:Origins to help us with our withdrawal symptons. Don't have a start date yet.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2413308;
    So to help us over the summer hump there will be a 6 wk (6 episode) miniseries called Heroes:Origins to help us with our withdrawal symptons. Don't have a start date yet.

Really? Wow, that'll be great because I really like the show even though I can't say I'm a scifi buff. Thanks for info..
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Good episode. Not great. I think Tim Kring chickened out in the end with this episode. He always said that his original plan was to clear the slate and start with a whole new cast of characters each year with one or two surviving. His characters became so popular that he couldn't do it. At least LOST takes a chance that we, the fans, will be pissed off when a popular character gets killed.
    I expected a LOT more from the final meeting between Sylar and Peter. This was being built up ever since the meeting at Suresh'es apartment. This is how I would have written it. The fight should have been a knock down drag out with ALL the heroes. Some would die, some would be wounded and Sylar would be defeated ( mortally wounded/ dead)in the end. At that point, Peter should have been exhausted and would not have had enough energy to control the reaction.( Just as an aside, Peter can only use ONE power at a time. In the episode he could not fly away (POWER "1") while he was manifesting the nuclear power (POWER "2") He needed Nathan to fly him away.) Sylar and Peter deserved a fight reminiscent of the fight between Neo and Agent Smith.

This has been a very impressive first season and I am truly waiting for this to come out on DVD as soon as possible this summer.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Some of my disappointments:

Sometimes Peter has been a bit too wimpy to me. While he did start to finally display some self-confidence, he still let Sylar be the boss of him so to speak. Nikki had to come in and hit him with a parking meter and Hiro was the one who stabbed him. Sure, Peter got a few punches in but I was expecting a big knock-down drag out fight.

There was all this mystery and build-up to Linderman only to have him be killed off almost as quickly as we met him. I was really disappointed that story was more fizzle than sizzle.

Didn't any of these people watch Halloween or other horror movies? You do not turn your back on the villian and you surely can't kill them with just one sword jab. :nono I was surprised after chasing Sylar most of the season that nobody managed to see him disappear.

I missed a few episodes - was it ever known what power Mrs. Petrelli has? I've read spoilers that she has one.

The brightest spot of the show for me is Hiro. I just love watching every scene he's in. I hope we haven't seen the last of Ando either. The warrior on the horse does look like Hiro's dad but early on in the series I was wondering if it wasn't Hiro himself who was the legendery whats-his-name (courtesy of time travelling). I can't wait to find out the significance of the eclipse (if that's what that was).

I've read that the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    first few minutes of the new season will mirror the last few minutes of this one and that it will be several episodes before Hiro makes it back to present time. And I think the show is supposed to pick up some months later then the last episode

I'm also looking forward to finding out who the person is who is worse than Sylar!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2413308;
    Because the ratings fell abit during that 6 week hiatus NBC does not want to lose any more viewers of Heroes, in fact it is looking toward Heroes and other scifi/alternative fantasy shows to help in the ratings wars. So to help us over the summer hump there will be a 6 wk (6 episode) miniseries called Heroes:Origins to help us with our withdrawal symptons. Don't have a start date yet.
    I don't think Origins is going to air in the summer, but later. I don't think they've even filmed them yet. From what I've read Origins would involve introducing 6 new characters and their stories (one new character & his/her story per episode) and then the public would get to vote and the winner would (possibly) become a character on season 3 of the show, which would suggest Origins airing after/concurrently with season 2 in some way (because otherwise the character could be introduced in season 2). Plus the way they announced it was by saying they would have 30 hours of Heroes next season (24 of the regular show and 6 of Origins), as opposed to indicating they would have 6 hours of Heroes over the summer. I guess we'll see.

The theme for next year is supposed to be "Generations," ie all about family dynasties. Perhaps, then, Hiro is going back in time to meet one of his heroic ancestors? Also, the theme would suggest that Peter and/or Nathan survive as they already have a family dynasty of several generations in play (mother, sons, granddaughter).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComicFan
    There was all this mystery and build-up to Linderman only to have him be killed off almost as quickly as we met him. I was really disappointed that story was more fizzle than sizzle.
    I agree. But co-viewer said something about Linderman being able to heal others so maybe he would be able to heal himself? I don't know. (Hey, I thought DL was dead last week and he was still walking around this week so who knows?).

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500
    .( Just as an aside, Peter can only use ONE power at a time. In the episode he could not fly away (POWER "1") while he was manifesting the nuclear power (POWER "2")
    I never thought of that. Great observation!
    Last edited by CCL; 05-22-2007 at 09:34 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The article I read (in next wk's TV GUIDE) implied that NBC might push the Origins series to air earlier. At this point it is too soon to know I will just keep my eyes open for any info in my handy dandy TV Guide.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

^ That would be good news, Bearcata.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Was that cockroach the same one that appears in the rooms/cells whenever a heroe underwent investigation at the paper factory? Or, is that just a disguise for the evil person that Molly said was even worse then Sylar? (A little Harry Potter transfiguration)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2413254;
    them damn Roaches again...

noone's morphing into roaches, i think it's more to symbolize Sylar is like a cockroach and survives.

this like the 3rd time they had a roach on camera and it has always been related to Sylar

anyways, i thought the finale was good. It seemed like i watched a long ass movie and that seemed like a movie ending.

the scene where Shaft was talking to invisible time teleporting Peter was cool because we don't really know what the hell happened there but good nontheless. (more stuff to hypoyhesize over till next season)

about Peter... have it occured to anybody that flying away to explode in private never occured to him? I mean I didn't even expect Nathan would have done what he did... When Nathan did what he did it took me a minute or so to realize what he was actually doing. (yes, i'm slow...)

about DL/Niki... she asked him why he didn't let the bullet "phase" through him...I guess she didn't noticed he jumped in front of her when Linderman pulled the gun on em

i did like how Molly got with her new surrogate family. that was a kodak moment when Niki/DL/Micah/Molly were all consoling each other.

i did wonder what/who Molly was refering to that was worst than the Boogeyman

that ending made me say huh? Hiro for some reason teleported to like the year 1600 encountered some old school japanese cavalry (with the symbol on the flags) ; then it looked like bomb fallout in the sky like from the year he just left...hmmm

this is gonna be the best selling DVD this year i predict...
    This is exactly what I tought...that they were using the cockroach as a symbol, and trying to tell us that it's as hard to kill Sylar as it is to kill a cockroach.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;2414479;
    This is exactly what I tought...that they were using the cockroach as a symbol, and trying to tell us that it's as hard to kill Sylar as it is to kill a cockroach.
    It doesn't have to be hard if somone got creative. Nothing a woodchipper wouldn't solve.

+ Reply to Thread