+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 192 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1911
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heroes on NBC

  1. #91
    Premium Member burntbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,311
    I think you're thinking too much. Heroes isn't Lost. I say just escape with it and assume that the girl would've been hit regardless.

  2. #92
    jessicaSTAM GossipGirlANTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    952
    Heroes is actually turning out to be way creepier than expected.
    Do you think Sylar is Claire's Dad?
    The closing scene of the most recent episode that was on tonight scared the sh*t out of me.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

  3. #93
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I think you're thinking too much. Heroes isn't Lost. I say just escape with it and assume that the girl would've been hit regardless.
    Thinking too much? I think you are confusing me with Bearcata.

    I'd been kind of assuming they'd wait longer to drop the hammer on Brother Politician being E-vil-ish, although he's toed the "creepy" line from Day 1. I was somewhat pleased by the illustration of Hiro's power, even if the accident somewhat confused me. The gimmick with and humor from the comic book have been great. The "deadly bludgeoing of the week" with Claire is getting a bit old, but I do think that the payoff of that last scene made it worth it. One wonders how she puts herself back together again--does it all heal as soon as her brain starts working again, or does she get all Zombie-like with pieces hanging off? Previously its seemed like her skin itself might be invulnerable, but obviously that's not the case if we can see her cut open (I mean her skin didn't burn and while there was blood from the garbage disposal in the sink we didn't exactly see bone).

    Greg Gunberg's story isn't really working for me yet. I'm bored by it. Looks like that might change soon though. Next week looks like a real corker. Hiro and Vegas baby!

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  4. #94
    FORT Newbie Jthom921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10
    i deff think that sylar is claire's dad. i also think that sylar has all the heroes powers combined into one. like when the lady fbi agent was about to shoot him he used some kind of telekenisis to put the gun to her head and then when he got shot lik 10 times he rose right back up and FLEW away. i also think that all of the people associated with the heroes are somehow "evil" i guess you could say. like the girl who met that indian guy who trying to figure out about his father, she seems a bit suspicous to me. it seems lik she led him into a trap with the whole finding the key in the laptop thingy. and then the lady who says she's in love with the addict who draws premonitions. i think she diposed of his drugs on purpose. so that he couldnt predict the future. and the cheeerleader. the guy who filmed her, i think he gave the tape to her dad. it all makes sense. how else would her dad get the tape? also, i think that the guy who can fly, his brother is also "evil". he tries to make his brother oout as some kind of freak in society and i think he will eventually reveal the secret to everyone in new york. and they lady who's working with the mind reader, she seemed kind of iffy to me too. i think that all the people associated with the heroes are working with sylar to destroy the heroes. now the mirror lady was hard. but i kinda think that her son is the one who is going to like "destroy" her in the end. i seriously think all this is true. i can't wait to see how they all come together. i truly think this show is mindblowing. it's way better than LOST. everytime i watch this show it's like i can't even believe someone thought of a show this good. let me know ur thoughts about what's gonna happen.


    sincerely,
    jthom921

  5. #95
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    I wonder which hero has the power to kill capital letters!

    Kidding.

    I honestly don't think EVERYONE is evil. It's a bit much to say that Mirror Lady's kid is evil, for example, although clearly he's hiding something. The lady who dumped the drugs doesn't have the right vibe to be evil, although yes, Mohinder's neighbor lady is pretty obviously up to it to her elbows.

    "Dad" got Claire's tape simply because he's made a habit of spying on her (since its obvious he's always known what she was). Nobody gave it to him--his spying obviously turned up the fact that she's been hanging around with the nerd and Dad had the kid's stuff searched. Why make this puzzle more complex than that?

    Sylar might be the Dad, but somehow it feels wrong. I think there are three sides here--the heroes, "black helicopter" types from the government (presumably "Dad" and his cronies), and this Sylar guy--who is a rogue "mutant" who's insane. What his actual powers are its hard to say, but I'm thinking everything he's done can be explained by telekenesis. Someone with that power could even fly.

    That leads to another theory. The Evil Political Brother could be Sylar. And Nurse Brother's apparent "flight" could have just been Evil Brother using telekenesis on him--moving him through the air (something he can also obviously do to himself as well in order to "fly"). The only hole that leaves is an explanation of how he got to L.A. Okay, that might be a deal breaker. I suppose the idea of Sylar having all the powers of the others is possible, but it just seems so... gimmicky. I mean I'd expect that a lot of different kinds of power are theoretically possible. Then again, if each "power" has its own genetic change, I suppose he could have all of them, whereas everyone else just has one each.
    Last edited by Krom; 10-09-2006 at 11:48 PM.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #96
    jessicaSTAM GossipGirlANTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthom921 View Post
    i deff think that sylar is claire's dad. i also think that sylar has all the heroes powers combined into one. like when the lady fbi agent was about to shoot him he used some kind of telekenisis to put the gun to her head and then when he got shot lik 10 times he rose right back up and FLEW away. i also think that all of the people associated with the heroes are somehow "evil" i guess you could say. like the girl who met that indian guy who trying to figure out about his father, she seems a bit suspicous to me. it seems lik she led him into a trap with the whole finding the key in the laptop thingy. and then the lady who says she's in love with the addict who draws premonitions. i think she diposed of his drugs on purpose. so that he couldnt predict the future. and the cheeerleader. the guy who filmed her, i think he gave the tape to her dad. it all makes sense. how else would her dad get the tape? also, i think that the guy who can fly, his brother is also "evil". he tries to make his brother oout as some kind of freak in society and i think he will eventually reveal the secret to everyone in new york. and they lady who's working with the mind reader, she seemed kind of iffy to me too. i think that all the people associated with the heroes are working with sylar to destroy the heroes. now the mirror lady was hard. but i kinda think that her son is the one who is going to like "destroy" her in the end. i seriously think all this is true. i can't wait to see how they all come together. i truly think this show is mindblowing. it's way better than LOST. everytime i watch this show it's like i can't even believe someone thought of a show this good. let me know ur thoughts about what's gonna happen.


    sincerely,
    jthom921
    Quite the theory you've got there.
    I'm inclined to believe it....we don't really have much to go on right now, do we?
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

  7. #97
    Hook 'em Horns! muggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    908
    Welcome aboard Jthom921.

    I agree with you that this show is great, but I'm not ready to annoint it better than LOST. It's extremely well thought out and the episodes seem to always end with a great climax. I think it stands a much better chance of surviving than Surface or Invasion did. And that was a very creepy end tonight, as someone already pointed out. Does she just put the organs back in her body from the bowls, or does she grow new ones (ewww that question is so nasty)?

    I thought that Cylar might be the bald black guy in the bar at the end of the show, wearing the symbol that keeps popping up everywhere. He was able to repel Matt's mindreading, and I think he caused him to keel over at the end. Don't see how he slipped a mickey in there. For the preview for next week, he's with Claire's dad in the lab standing over Matt. Regardless, I agree with your analysis that Cylar seems to have everyone's powers all rolled into one. Just wondering what he's doing with the brains (hope it's not a Night of the Living Dead trend).

    After some thought, I think Peter's power may not be flying, but more likely the ability to mimic the power of whatever "hero" he comes in contact with. He was only able to fly after he was caught by his brother. And in the first episode, they showed him drawing a picture of himself flying after he bumped into the artist (i think that's what happened...open for thoughts on this one).

    Seems pretty easy to start comparing each of their powers to someone in the X-Men...Cylar definately has a Evil metal controlling Magneto vibe, Claire is Wolverine, Hiro is Nightcrawler (sort of), Nathan is Angel, Suresh is Xavier, and Peter might be Rogue.

    I'm sold on this show and won't miss a moment of it. Hope there's more of you out there watching as well.
    Last edited by Amanda; 10-10-2006 at 12:40 AM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

  8. #98
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    i make it a point not to worry too much about plotholes or absurd events that occur in tv shows. instead i just laugh it off

    the whole thing with the cop dude that hear thoughts wasn't that bad. it was just a way to write him into the show and display his power at the same time they identified the Scyler (sp?) (and drug out the scene) guy who is the same dude/ patient 0 "one of them", that was on that ans mach message that Mohinder and thingirl heard.

    and being worried about a guy posting his picture and address in the back of a comic is less absurd than the guy predicting the future and people while HIGH and then making a comic in which the main character is reading about himself.

    i haven't read the thread in it's entirety so i don't know if the internet girl has been discussed much, but have we figured out the full deal with her? I rewatched the episode and the only thing i discovered about her is that she has apparently killed before and bury people in the desert. This can't possibly be a super hero trait. Maybe a villain?
    the 2 flight brothers are annoying. Claire is cool and i like the dynamic with the adopted father maybe being a villian. I like the Hiro character and like how the show ended with him discovering that he went a month or so into the future then there comes the mushroom cloud.

    guess this is the setup for the rest of the chapters in the show. The heroes connect up and have a month to stop the mushroom cloud
    I think, if I followed this last episode, and the earlier ones, her mirror double killed the guys who came in and threatened her (were trying to make her do porn to pay off a debt to a bad guy--more porn than she was comfortable with) and also set it up for her to drive the car with the bodies into the desert to that exact place where the shovel was left and where she could discover the earlier bodies buried. But they might not have been killed by the double, they might, as she thinks, have been killed by her ex's gang, and this was a way for the double to let her discover this.
    Altho I missed a bit about the ring. Did she say to grannie that it was a ring worn by her husband's gang or the rival gang? That is, who was buried there?
    Boy, that kid sure slept a long time in the car---all night and well into a hot desert day without even a top up on the car. Wonder if he was really watching her dig.

  9. #99
    Premium Member burntbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,311
    I love that theory that Nathan grabs others powers! I think that's it.

    Also, I think that the mirror girls son doesn't have a power, but knows about his father's death. Maybe mirror lady killed her husband and the son witnessed it, but since it was her mirror persona that killed him, she doesn't remember it. Maybe it was HIS body she dug up.

    Also, I think the Sylar guy collects people's brains and absorbs their powers. So the more people he can kill and get brains, the more power he has.

    Now I'm thinking too much.

  10. #100
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think, if I followed this last episode, and the earlier ones, her mirror double killed the guys who came in and threatened her (were trying to make her do porn to pay off a debt to a bad guy--more porn than she was comfortable with)
    Actually, what I think they were trying to do was rape her. The camera was just incidental.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.