+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Windfall

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I wasn't thrilled with the acting, but I couldn't tell if all of the actors were bad ot if it was just bad direction. For a first episode in a summer series, I've seen worse. I'd like to see another episode to make up my mind. Sometimes the first episode is so busy trying to set things up that quality can get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, Luke Perry and his wife were outside their house screaming, no?
    Yes, you're right, thanks for reminding me. I taped it so I think I should go back and refresh my memory!

ETA: Looks like it's repeating tonight at 9 pm
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I watched.. i liked.. but didnt love it. I also take to heart it was the pilot.. and they are always a bit bad as far as the acting. I think it could get better, it has some good ideas but they could get old fast.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Well, I didn't watch it tonight. I knew it was one. Was planning on it. Then decided naw. Probably not worth it.

But I had to check in and see what you guys thought. So it appears I didn't miss a whole lot and if I watch next week, I'll more than likely be caught up anyway. There's not a whole lot to choose from these days, is there?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I saw it and thought that the woman playing Luke Perry's wife had a really weak reaction to winning such a huge lottery! She just sort of smiled and said it. And then we cut to her following Luke out to the yard to join him in jumping around. Kind of a strange sequence, I thought. (Incidentally, LP looks the same as he did about 15 years ago in 90210. Hope I age that well!)

The show was okay. Wonder if it'll stick around. Anyone know what the numbers were like?

I read that the ratings were decent, but not spectacular. I enjoyed it fine, as a summer show. There isn't much to pick from, so it was nice to have something interesting and new to watch. I'll keep watching for now.

It got a 5.8/10 rating. Third in its timeslot, but not too bad all things considered.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I just looked at the TV schedule for this week... they seem to be showing the first episode every other day! Then one day late in the week they have a 2 hour version with the first epi followed by a new one where 2 of the women want to go on a Paris shopping spree (jeepers, these aren't any of them kids--except the one boy and the daughter---I can't imagine that's any "grown ups" first response!).

Quote Originally Posted by Cascades02 View Post
    I saw it and thought that the woman playing Luke Perry's wife had a really weak reaction to winning such a huge lottery! She just sort of smiled and said it. And then we cut to her following Luke out to the yard to join him in jumping around. Kind of a strange sequence, I thought. (Incidentally, LP looks the same as he did about 15 years ago in 90210. Hope I age that well!)

The show was okay. Wonder if it'll stick around. Anyone know what the numbers were like?

It wasn't necessarily a weak reaction more of an I'm speechless/awed reaction. I like it a lot. She was like speechless then all of a sudden it hit her and she's freaking out. I thought she did an excellent job. The pizze delivery girls was the best reaction. She really hit me hard with an OMFG I
    4uck1nG won the LOTTERY!! I LIKED THE SHOW a lot. A lot of people I think are thinking to technical about the winnings and how you get the money and the whole process of winning the lottery. Come on people it's a fictional show, cut it some slack. If everything was so believable and technical it wouldn't be fun. Loosen up your panties and just enjoy they concept.
    ASPIRING ACTORS DON'T SIT ON THEIR ASS AND WAIT FOR OPPORTUNITY TO FALL ON THEIR LAP!

Okay, am I going to watch alone tonight ?! And just in case you missed the umpteen other showings of the first episode, they're airing it first, followed by the new episode.

+ Reply to Thread