+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Windfall

Complete Bore... I hate that I took the time to DVR it.

You don't get your lump sum of money for several weeks. I'm pretty sure at least with Powerball, one of the multistate games, you get a check for 100k when you claim your prize, and recieve the rest (pending on your option of lump sum, or over 30 years) the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow, got a terrible review from our local paper....but...there's not much on but reruns, may try it. I like the concept.
    watched it last night, I loved it.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

If each of them takes the lump sum, they definitely will NOT be getting 20 million each. They would most likely be getting a little more than half that after paying taxes and by taking the lump sum. When you choose lump sum over annuity, the actual prize amount immediately goes down because it is based on interest earned over time if you do annuity. Most people want it all NOW though, me being one of those people if I was ever lucky enough to win, but when I do my daydreaming I always take into consideration that the amount I win will be significantly reduced based on taking the lump sum and the taxes you have to pay on it.

20 ppl won the 386 million pot, which is 19.3 million a piece, before taxes and before choosing lump sum. But still millionaires and I wouldn't turn it down

As for the show, I think it needs to iron out some stuff but I'm going to watch it again next week. I think the Jason Gedrick character is a sleeze and probably did sleep with that girl even if he doesn't turn out to be the father.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-09-2006 at 10:29 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    He's a total sleaze, but still cute, and I can see why she was still tempted (the gas station kiss, which I hope the teenage boy who knew her didn't see). But when he told her about the former student's accusations that brought her back to the reality of her good husband with a bump. I hope she explains the use of Jason's birthday as the winning ticket as being just because he was in the car with her or something. Altho do see Jason as the kind who would tell Luke (sorry, don't know any of the character names) about the kiss, especially as he's probably going to lose his current wife over the student affair.
    I agree, JLuvs, good summer fluff filler! I'll probably miss a few episodes due to summer travel, but I count on you all to fill me in!
    PS But I agree that you don't get you money that fast...and no Beamer dealer would fall for that Lotto line!

It was okay. Not the best show I've ever seen but not bad. God, how old is LP now? He was 20 something when he was playing a high school student on 90210 wasn't he?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Thanks for your comments guys .. just what I thought - not my kind of show
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I loved it and can't wait to see what lies ahead.

What do you guys think of the reactions of the characters when they found out they won? I can't imagine winning that type of money but I really think I would cry uncontrollably knowing that my life could change so drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba View Post
    What do you guys think of the reactions of the characters when they found out they won? I can't imagine winning that type of money but I really think I would cry uncontrollably knowing that my life could change so drastically.
    I'll let you know tomorrow if I win . I was inspired to buy a ticket for tonight's drawing.

The only two that seemed really excited were the woman who bought the Mercedes and the pizza delivery girl. But I don't think they showed us everyone's reaction did they? I think I'd faint if I ever won big.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'll let you know tomorrow if I win . I was inspired to buy a ticket for tonight's drawing.

The only two that seemed really excited were the woman who bought the Mercedes and the pizza delivery girl. But I don't think they showed us everyone's reaction did they? I think I'd faint if I ever won big.
    Well, Luke Perry and his wife were outside their house screaming, no?

+ Reply to Thread