+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Windfall

FORT Fogey
    I hope it's good, too, ArchieComic Fan!! I have high hopes 'cause I don't watch many "ensemble dramas" so I don't have too much of an idea of what a good one looks like.

I watched NYPD Blue for its entire run, and before that Hill Street Blues, so maybe I'm spoiled -- on the other hand, I love to catch Las Vegal whenever possible and to me, that's pretty fluffy!

Here's hoping that Windfall's entertaining. I'll let you know what I think, too, and if it's a piece of crap then I'll call it "a piece of crap."

A rather boring start IMO.

FORT Fogey
    I agree, Unk, it was a dull opening. Another ominous sign is that it has Jason Gedrick in the ensemble, and he's been in a few failed shows, including one that I liked a lot (Murder One).

I think I smell a whiff of crap in the air tonight, but I hope I'm wrong. . . .

I will be trying this out tonight. I believe Luke Perry is on the show or at least he was talking about it today I have always liked him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Hmm, halfway through and I'm on the fence. I really like the concept of multiple winners but it does seem a little off to me. But I think I like it just a little more than I don't like it and will probably give it another shot next week. But then again, I do have 24 minutes left and might change my mind!

FORT Fogey
    I tried to like it, really I did. I tried. I just couldn't stay tuned to it. I didn't like it.

I wanted to like it, 'cause I thought it'd be a fun distraction from my hectic life, but in fact I found it to be shallow and unengaging.

I wondered about a few things in tonight's show.....

The first was when the nurse had car trouble right in front of the Mercedes Benz car dealership. Of course she just hops out of the broken down old car and runs over to the MB place to buy a new car. Later on she gave a check for $25,000 to that patient whose insurance wouldn't cover her operation.

Then the pizza delivery chick gets the phone call telling her that she was one of the winners. Next thing you know she, her son, and her sister are flying off in a helicopter from the trailer park.

Then the teen who runs away to Florida to marry the Russian woman so that he can become emancipated.....

All of these people did these things before the big reception was even held where they were toasted for being the winners. Nowhere was it shown that they had received any of their money. In real life, I don't think it happens that way. So how is it that some of these people are already spending big bucks? It's obvious the none of them have big bank accounts prior to winning the lotto.

And of course, no one has gone to a financial wizard to even plan on what they are going to do with all this money. The only thing one of them mentioned to do what to get their phone numbers unlisted, which is something that I have heard people do after winning lotteries.

I'll probably watch it again next week. I want to find out what the flower delivery guy's storyline is. I don't know what to think about Cameron....did he father that baby? Will he convince Luke Perry's wife to leave her family? When Luke's character turned the backyard into a mini carnival, the wife seemed to be impressed that he would do something like that for his family.

I really enjoyed the show. I think it is perfect summer filler and if they work out all the story lines without getting too bogged down it could be very interesting.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

i liked it
    but watching it i wanted to watch something else, but i really wanted to give it a chance
    its good, ill probably continue to watch it

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    All of these people did these things before the big reception was even held where they were toasted for being the winners. Nowhere was it shown that they had received any of their money. In real life, I don't think it happens that way. So how is it that some of these people are already spending big bucks?
    I was bugged by the same thought. It seems very far fetched that you can go to a Mercedes dealership and they just happen to believe your story of being a lottery winner before you have cash and before your name is announced. Realistically, you'd drive off the lot in whatever you drove on. Secondly, that scene in the trailer park had all the cliche lines you could think of "Girl, you are a single mother, going to school and working 2 jobs...", "I've never turned my back on responsibility blah, blah blah". I get it, I get it..strong black woman. But how about a more subtle approach? We already now that the girl lives in a trailer and delivers pizza. I'm more interested in the storylines of the guy and the lawyer and the young guy. Also, I think the young girl who is the daughter of the separating couple is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I liked the show and plan to watch it again. Hopefully, it will improve with time.

+ Reply to Thread