+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Summer Shows

I'm looking forward to The 4400 returning!

And Big Brother, of course!

I want to see Reno 911, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, Dog Bites Man, and Treasure Hunters.

Re: New Summer Shows

I didn't want to start a new thread for a title of a show that may or may not last so I figured it would be best to resurrect an older thread. Also, if anyone else has a new show they'd like to talk about, this would be a good starting point until it's determined if the show will last.

So...I caught the two back-to-back episodes of The Listener and I don't think it's much better than Mental, as far as new summer shows goes. It reminded me a lot of Saved, where the lead was also a paramedic with a girlfriend at the hospital, but this one has a special ability - he can hear thoughts and has visions of something that will happen if he's in close proximity to the location. I do like shows where the character has a special gift (still crying over the cancellation of John Doe) but the pacing was too slow and I just didn't care enough about any of the characters. The lead is good-looking though.

As anyone seen The Goode Family (new animated show on ABC) from the creator of King of the Hill? As a recycler myself, it's pretty funny. I'm not as extreme as they are though. The poor dog is a vegetarian not by choice so he's forced to stalk neighborhood critters just to get a proper meal . The daughter is voiced by Linda Cardellini (ER).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I didn't see anyone mention the return of Burn Notice: Season 3 (June 7) and the new series Royal Pains (June 7) both on USA an d both more than worth watching.

QBoots, I noticed you bolded Psych as a new show, but it is in its 3rd season. Did you just mean new episodes? Thanks for the list; you included a few shows I wasn't aware of that I'd like to take a look at.

I agree with ArchieComicFan about both Mental and The Listener. Neither one grabbed me.

Oh, and I think the excellent Leverage is coming back to TNT on June 15.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

qboots' post is dated 3 years ago

I probably should have clarified when I resurrected an older thread that I meant "really old" .

Florimel, Royal Pains has its own thread and seems to be getting good reviews from those of us who've seen it. Burn Notice probably has its own thread too but buried a page or two back. I've caught episodes of Leverage and liked it.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3486160;
    Thanks, BFD, for pointing that out! I had only looked at the month and day so I was thinking "Holy crap! Big Brother is doing all-stars again?! It seems early for another but WOO HOO!" I guess not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3486160;
    Oops! I thought this was a brand new thread for this season's summer shows, which is why I included Burn Notice, Royal Pains and Leverage. ACF, I know each has its own thread and I've contributed to all of them. Sorry for my blonde moment.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i was confused at first too till i read 'big brother SEVEN'

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3486120;
    As anyone seen The Goode Family (new animated show on ABC) from the creator of King of the Hill? As a recycler myself, it's pretty funny. I'm not as extreme as they are though. The poor dog is a vegetarian not by choice so he's forced to stalk neighborhood critters just to get a proper meal . The daughter is voiced by Linda Cardellini (ER).
    I am liking the Goode family too, but I loved KOTH! I was thinking, some of the characters look like KOTH characters too!

I got so excited for a minute when I saw 4400 on June 4th, then I looked at the date of the post!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast