+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Butcher's Bill: Fall network scheds revealed

Here are some premier dates for NBC

Studio 60 will premiere Monday, Sept. 18 at 10 (following a 2-hr Deal Or No Deal)
    Heroes will premiere the following Monday, Sept. 25 at 9.
    L & O: CI and SVU will premiere on the 19th.
    Kidnapped will premiere on the 20th at 10.
    On Thursday, September 21, NBC will roll out their new regular Thursday night, Earl, The Office, Deal or No Deal and ER.
    Law & Order will premiere Friday, the 22nd at 10.
    Friday Night Lights will premiere Tuesday, Oct. 3rd at 8.
    Twenty Good Years will premiere Wednesday, Oct. 4th with two eps from 8 to 9.
    30 Rock will premiere the following Wednesday, Oct. 11th from 8:30 to 9.
    Crossing Jordan and Las Vegas will premiere Friday, Oct. 20th.

Source: http://www.eonline.com/Insider/Board...jspa?annID=628 There are some mini spoilers about some of the NBC shows, so click at own risk

I know i'm bringing back an old thread, but rather than posting in each Fox show, I thought i'd just do this. Looks like Fox has retinkered their schedule. Starting at various times after the World Series
    I've bolded the start dates to make it easier.

Nets continue playing musical shows as Fox moves shows, adds shows, and gives some shows a rest.

Fox announced it is tinkering with its current Fall schedule, switching time-slots and keeping some shows off its schedule for a while. The new changes will start October 23, when baseball ends.

The network is keeping freshman comedies 'Til Death and Happy Hour off the line-up until November 2, when they will return in front of The OC season premiere. Also being sent away for a while is Nanny 911.

New drama Justice will move to Mondays at 9 p.m, following Prison Break. Vanished is moving to Fridays at 8 p.m., aka TV Siberia. The network is flipping its Tuesday night schedule, pushing rookie drama Standoff to 8 p.m. and House to 9 p.m.

A new reality show, The Rich List, will take Justice's old spot, Wednesdays at 9 p.m. The quiz show is hosted by British TV star Eamonn Holmes.

Fox’s new schedule:

Mondays, October 23:
    8:00-9:00 PM Prison Break
    9:00-10:00 PM Justice (New time-slot)

Tuesdays, October 31:
    8:00-9:00 PM Standoff (New time-slot)
    9:00-10:00 PM House (New time-slot)

Wednesdays, November 1:
    8:00-9:00 PM Bones
    9:0010:00 PM The Rich List (New series)

Thursday, November 2:
    8:00-8:30 PM ‘Til Death
    8:30-9:00 PM Happy Hour
    9:00-10:00 PM The O.C.

Friday, October 20:
    8:00-10:00 PM Trading Spouses

Fridays, October 27:
    8:00-9:00 PM Vanished (New time-slot)
    9:00-10:00 PM Trading Spouses (New time-slot)
    Source: http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=6618

Also, I guess CW is tinkering, but just with two nights.

The CW is flipping part of its schedule, moving the flagging Sunday comedy block to Monday and former Monday inhabitants America's Next Top Model,7th Heaven, and Runaway to Sunday.

On Monday, October 9, The CW will rerun the season premieres of Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, and its spin-off The Game. Original episodes will return on Monday, October 16. On Sunday, October 15, the network will run an encore of the previous Wednesday’s America’s Next Top Model at 7 p.m., followed by original episodes of 7th Heaven at 8 p.m. and Runaway at 9 p.m.

Sunday is a crowded field, and ABC's Desperate Housewives and new Brothers and Sisters, along with NBC's football and Fox's animated block, combined to make things difficult for the CW's comedy block. Chris pulled in a weak 3 million viewers in its October 2 premiere.

The CW’s Monday schedule, effective October 9, is as follows:

8:00-8:30 PM Everybody Hates Chris
    8:30-9:00 PM All Of Us
    9:00-9:30 PM Girlfriends
    9:30-10:00 PM The Game

The CW’s Sunday schedule, effective October 15, is as follows:
    7:00-8:00 PM America's Next Top Model
    8:00-9:00 PM 7th Heaven
    9:00-10:00 PM Runaway
    Source: http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=6616
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 10-05-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Cancelation news makes sense in this thread too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

CBS's "Smith", starring Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen is the first casualty of the fall season:
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20061006/116016798000.html

NBC's "Kidnapped" is not technically canceled but has been limited to its original 13 episode order and put in Saturday Night purgatory.

FOX's "Happy Hour" is in that other kind of TV purgatory, "Hiatus", but with a claim it will be back.

CBS' 'Smith' First New Show to Bite Dust
    Friday October 6 1:53 PM ET

Here's something Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen won't be putting on their resumes: stars of the first new TV show to bite the dust this fall. "Smith," the Tuesday night CBS drama with Liotta leading a band of high-stakes thieves, is off the schedule, the network said Friday. It will be replaced temporarily by reruns of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Criminal Minds."

Networks don't like to use the word "cancel" it sounds so messy but the show's producers have been given no promise that it will return.

Its last episode had only 8.4 million viewers on Tuesday, according to Nielsen Media Research. It faced tough competition in the time slot from NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" and ABC's "Boston Legal."

Meanwhile, NBC announced the sort-of cancellation of its Wednesday night serial comedy "Kidnapped," which stars Jeremy Sisto. NBC gambled by putting the show in the time slot held for a long time by "Law & Order," and it failed miserably.

"Kidnapped" will be moved to the television purgatory of Saturday nights, starting Oct. 21. Its producers have been told to wrap up the serialized drama's story lines by the end of the show's 13-episode order, NBC said.

Networks have been wrestling with how to satisfy fans who've gotten involved in serialized dramas when the ratings are poor enough for the show to be canceled.

Fox has put its new comedy "Happy Hour" on hiatus, but insists it will return.
    Also of note, the new CW network has ALREADY made some major scheduling changes a mere three weeks into their existence.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=6616

The CW is flipping part of its schedule, moving the flagging Sunday comedy block to Monday and former Monday inhabitants America's Next Top Model,7th Heaven, and Runaway to Sunday.

On Monday, October 9, The CW will rerun the season premieres of Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, and its spin-off The Game. Original episodes will return on Monday, October 16. On Sunday, October 15, the network will run an encore of the previous Wednesday's America's Next Top Model at 7 p.m., followed by original episodes of 7th Heaven at 8 p.m. and Runaway at 9 p.m.

Sunday is a crowded field, and ABC's Desperate Housewives and new Brothers and Sisters, along with NBC's football and Fox's animated block, combined to make things difficult for the CW's comedy block. Chris pulled in a weak 3 million viewers in its October 2 premiere.

The CW's Monday schedule, effective October 9, is as follows:

8:00-8:30 p.m. Everybody Hates Chris
    8:30-9:00 p.m. All Of Us
    9:00-9:30 p.m. Girlfriends
    9:30-10:00 p.m. The Game

The CW's Sunday schedule, effective October 15, is as follows:
    7:00-8:00 p.m. America's Next Top Model
    8:00-9:00 p.m. 7th Heaven
    9:00-10:00 p.m. Runaway
    Fliparoonie!
    Last edited by Krom; 10-08-2006 at 07:43 PM.

There are about 10 new shows I'd have cancelled before "Smith", if I were CBS.

And so it begins...

On CBS itself, John? Or anywhere?

If we ignore ratings and just go by how crappy, annoying, unoriginal or "tired" CBS shows are, then I suppose there are plenty.

1.) CSI: Miami - Anyone who doesn't want to put a tire iron through David Caruso's forehead is obviously simply in shock and hasn't gotten around to thinking of that remedy yet.

2.) CSI: NY - Better than CSI: Miami. But that's still not good. Its photographed beautifully, but L&O and CSI between them have explored this territory to the Nth degree already.

3.) CSI - The best of the bunch, but its been on too long. Like L&O has been for about 6 or 7 years, CSI is ready to be put out to pasture.

4.) New Adventures of Old Christine - I saw it twice but really, the urge to bleach my eyeballs and purge my stomach was too strong to try a third time.

5.) NCIS - JAG was bad. This is worse.

6.) Criminal Minds - My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed this show!

7.) Ghost Whisperer - Really, the sight of JLH's hooters can only buoy a show so much. Little things like "writing", "acting" and "directing" are needed too.

8.) Close to Home - I know I've seen every single plot on this show on either L&O, CSI, or JAG before. In fact, that guy from JAG is apparently even ON this show now. Blech.

9.) The Unit - I liked a few episodes last year, but the PACE started driving me batty. In between action scenes and the occasional love scene everything drags. Always.

10.) The Class - Like most CBS comedies, its inane, annoying and stupid.

11.!) How I Met Your Mother - It's Doogietastic! Only not!

That said, I hated Smith too. I was drop dead bored by it. Like "The Unit" the pacing just sucked.

Well, the new CW "Runaway" has been axed. For those of you who have actually watched. I must say I haven't seen an episode.

Project Runaway is over.

The CW has pulled the plug on the action drama series, which had struggled in the ratings since its premiere four weeks ago. The show is the second cancellation of the new season--the first being CBS's Smith--and one of the two new shows CW had brought to the air (the other being Girlfriends spin-off The Game).

Runaway, which starred Donnie Wahlberg as a man whose family must go on the run after he is falsely accused of murder, averaged 1.8 million weekly viewers. CW will fill the time slot with repeats until further notice.
    Source: http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&s...y_list;title;0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123