+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Butcher's Bill: Fall network scheds revealed

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I just noticed that Fox has Bones going to Friday nights for mid season. THAT STINKS. This is one of my fav shows..top 5 at least, and it seems EVERY SHOW I HAVE EVER LIKED that was put on Friday nights was cancelled at the end of that season. Why oh why does fox want to kill this great show. crapper
    Fox killed Millenium that way. They killed Dark Angel that way. I'm sure they've killed more shows that way, I jsut can't think of them off the top of my head. They create all these fantastic shows that need to be watched each week to keep up, that appeal to an audience that is 20 - 30 in age -- the group that is most likely out on Friday nights. Do they REALLY think they're going to get that audience to stay in on Friday nights after a long week of work, just to watch a TV show? Someone at Fox really needs to start learning from history!

NBC just changed its Fall Schedule

NBC PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR FALL 2006-07 (Updated)
    *New programs in CAPS (with the exception of "ER")

MONDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"
    9-10 p.m. "Medium"
    10-11 p.m. "STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP"

TUESDAY
    8-9 p.m. "FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS"
    9-10 p.m. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent"
    10-11 p.m. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

WEDNESDAY
    8-9 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"
    9-9:30 p.m. "20 GOOD YEARS"
    9:30-10 p.m. "30 ROCK"
    10-11 p.m. "KIDNAPPED"

THURSDAY
    8-8:30 p.m. "My Name Is Earl"
    8:30-9 p.m. "The Office"
    9-10 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"
    10-11 p.m. "ER"/("THE BLACK DONNELLYS" in January 2007)

FRIDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Crossing Jordan"
    9-10 p.m. "Las Vegas"
    10-11 p.m. "Law & Order"

SATURDAY
    8-9 p.m. "Dateline Saturday"
    9-11 p.m. Drama Series Encores

SUNDAY
    7-8 p.m. "FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA"
    8-11 p.m. "SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL"

Unassigned: "HEROES"

All network schedules are subject to last minute changes, stay tuned. Next week, the "up-fronts" (pre-season ad sales) begin.

Source listed above in canadian_angel's post, but with my changes.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Fox killed Millenium that way. They killed Dark Angel that way. I'm sure they've killed more shows that way, I jsut can't think of them off the top of my head. They create all these fantastic shows that need to be watched each week to keep up, that appeal to an audience that is 20 - 30 in age -- the group that is most likely out on Friday nights. Do they REALLY think they're going to get that audience to stay in on Friday nights after a long week of work, just to watch a TV show? Someone at Fox really needs to start learning from history!
    Wasn't John Doe also on Friday Nights? Fox is the worst, no doubt about it. I really dread ever watching anything on Fox cause it's only going to last 3 weeks.

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    So looks like Arrested Development didn't get picked back up by FOX!!! I hope showtime or someplace grabs it.

It shows 7th Heaven returning on CW. They just had the series finale! What is up with that????
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    So looks like Arrested Development didn't get picked back up by FOX!!! I hope showtime or someplace grabs it.

It shows 7th Heaven returning on CW. They just had the series finale! What is up with that????
    Arrested Development was officially cancelled by Fox a couple of months ago. ABC and Showtime both exprssed an interest, but after mulling it over, the exec producer decided he didn't want to continue with the show.

Heroes got dropped by NBC? WTH? It was a perfect pairing with Medium, and it was getting VERY good ink.

And who needs all this stinkin' Deal or No Deal. It's getting the same kind of "viewer fatigue" that Millionaire did, except well... it was never as good a show in the first place.

Also: Just cancel stinkin' ER already!

Also: Crossing Jordan seems to be another plug-in. Originally that was going to be a "pinch hitter" for whatever fell out to early cancelation and/or a midseason replacement.

Also... wow, the Original Law & Order got disrespected over it's younger (worse) successors! Friday at 10PM? That slot has killed shows like clockwork--including I believe TWO L&O spinoffs (Trial By Jury and Conviction)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, Krom, I think the *mothership* L&O has lost its heart since losing Jerry Orbach. I haven't been able to make it through the last couple of shows, and I'm not even sorry about Annie Parisse's character. Dennis Farina should have been a great addition, and they have got to do better with the ADA casting. It may be time to bring in a male in that role - I know it doesn't "balance" the sexes, but let's forgo the political correctedness and make the show interesting again already.

I would also be more than happy to see the end of ER, and Deal or No Deal (even though I don't mind Howie that much...maybe they could stick him in something else).

This is why I watch virtually no non-reality primetime shows, except for the L&Os, The Sopranos, and The Office (occasionally Family Guy but it's been weak the past couple of weeks). Although after reading that article upthread, I'm mighty tempted to check out Betty the Ugly.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

McDharma's Boar Burgers poutymouse's Avatar
    Filling in for Sayid at Sawyers Snack Shack
    Oh crap!!! I can't believe I will never see Arrested Development again!!!! That was the funniest show EVER!!!

Anyone have an explaination as to why 7th Heaven is on the CW fall lineup when the series ended a few weeks ago? Is it a spin off?
    Do I look like a dumb blonde to you? Ha! the joke's on you because I'm not as smart as I look.

Quote Originally Posted by poutymouse View Post
    Anyone have an explaination as to why 7th Heaven is on the CW fall lineup when the series ended a few weeks ago? Is it a spin off?
    They liked the ratings the last show got. Figured there was still an audience for it I guess, but it still blows. Everwood was much better of a show.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Hey, this is great stuff you've all compiled for us TV junkies. Does anyone have the fall lineup for the cable networks like HBO and Showtime?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast