+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Loved it except for th Clara cameo, if they were going to do it then really do it, not just a 5 second hello, it was just a bit unsatisfying, the rest was great and a great farwell for Peter
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

I enjoyed it quite a bit. There really was no big enemy. I felt the theme was memories.... thus he got his back about Clara. And the Captain's big reveal was wonderful. I got misty eyed.

Not sure how I felt with "Brilliant". Honestly I probably would have said "oh s---" or something. The Doctor is usually a bit wonky after a regeneration and wouldn't think so clearly.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    Loved it except for th Clara cameo, if they were going to do it then really do it, not just a 5 second hello, it was just a bit unsatisfying, the rest was great and a great farwell for Peter
    I was pleased they did even that. It was reminiscent of the Amy goodbye when Eleven regenerated. I was just happy they gave him back his Clara memories. That always felt wrong to me.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I found it to be a satisfying send-off.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    In fairness, the reason for such a brief appears with Clara is the fact Henna Coleman had been extremely busy with Victoria. They were lucky to get her at all.

Plus, it was about as brief as Karan Gillian's appearance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I found it to be a satisfying send-off.
    It really was. Not a hit you over the head Christmas special. I really like the troops singing Silent Night and putting aside their fighting for just a time in order to be kind to one another. A testament to PC's Doctor, be kind. And that it did actually happen was even more amazing.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It really was. Not a hit you over the head Christmas special. I really like the troops singing Silent Night and putting aside their fighting for just a time in order to be kind to one another. A testament to PC's Doctor, be kind. And that it did actually happen was even more amazing.
    Checked it out, the Christmas truce actually took place in 1914.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

+ Reply to Thread