+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Seems kind of weird yet blah, but maybe it will make more sense when we see her personality as the Doctor.
    That's what I am thinking too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion! I really liked what they had her in for the casting reveal. This is way too Colin Baker for me. It just doesn't jibe with what the show is now (since the reboot with Eccleston, I mean), which is a little more cool and slick. I just don't want them to turn her into a clown.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah. This outfit looks kind of teenager-ish, and she's a grown woman. I don't get why they didn't go with something more cool and slick like you said, Critical.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

A lot of this could be the lighting IMHO regarding some of the colors, but it definitely doesn't read Colin Baker to me. It doesn't clash nearly as bad.

It reads a bit of Romana II's styling and dress sense (she had some pretty odd outfits during her tenure). Another nod to Romana II's style - the youthfulness. She dressed up as a school girl in "City of Death" then you have the younger looking sunbathing outfit she wore for "the Lesiure Hive)

Now, for the Doctor - it *is* slightly juvenile as far as the top (I think a solid top or bold block print top would've been better), but as we've seen with other Doctors, they can adapt their costume and improve upon it.

There was one exception however - Colin Baker, who if they had let him remove his coat more frequently during the series his outfit would've been vastly improved - or more somber dress with the bizarre coat.

That said, the shots I've seen of him in a restyled coat used in a play he was in as well as people's love of coloring the costume in shades of blue (and an all blue continuation variant), I think they could've decided to redesign the outfit if he hadn't been sacked.

Honestly, I think had Doctor Who been picked up with Paul McGann, there would've been a redo on his costume. He only had it anyway because it was in the locker room at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

Honestly, I think had Doctor Who been picked up with Paul McGann, there would've been a redo on his costume. He only had it anyway because it was in the locker room at the hospital.
    They redid his costume for Night of the Doctor. I believe he had on Eccleston's leather coat.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They redid his costume for Night of the Doctor. I believe he had on Eccleston's leather coat.
    I know - but I was referring to if it had continued in 1996 beyond the movie instead of the current way. Sorry for confusion.

IMHO, I like 13's costume except it'd been better with a bold color blocked shirt. I don't think they get there are a few more vibes to Mork's shirt and braces (suspenders) in "Mork and Mindy."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I know - but I was referring to if it had continued in 1996 beyond the movie instead of the current way. Sorry for confusion.

IMHO, I like 13's costume except it'd been better with a bold color blocked shirt. I don't think they get there are a few more vibes to Mork's shirt and braces (suspenders) in "Mork and Mindy."
    I am sure they will change things up a bit as time goes on. PC's initial look was more formal and they softened it (which I preferred) especially the hair.

Clip from the Christmas special. First Doctor's impressions of the TARDIS and current Doctor.

Don't know if I need to put this interaction in spoiler tags but will just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:

First Doctor: "I thought I'd be younger!"

Capaldi Doctor (outraged): "I am younger!"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-this-doct...-do-1820554948
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 11-17-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    Critical likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Clip from the Christmas special. First Doctor's impressions of the TARDIS and current Doctor.

Don't know if I need to put this interaction in spoiler tags but will just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:

First Doctor: "I thought I'd be younger!"

Capaldi Doctor (outraged): "I am younger!"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-this-doct...-do-1820554948
    I saw that and loved it!

+ Reply to Thread