+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1555565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, I finally found it. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aoO7BN0WQ8
    He really made the Doctor his own. I am going to miss him.
    Critical and agamergirl like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OMG, YASSS! This needs to happen! It could happen too. Barrowman just got killed off on Arrow, so he's got some free time.
    Captain Jack Should Be the 13th Doctor's Companion
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OMG, YASSS! This needs to happen! It could happen too. Barrowman just got killed off on Arrow, so he's got some free time.
    Now that would be neat!
    9Cloud likes this.

This would be awesome! I hope they do it.
    9Cloud likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

There is so much talk about the new Doctor falling in love, should it be with a woman? A man? I want to lay off the romance a bit until we all settle in with this big change. Jack would work because he is familiar and if he "likes" the Doctor, I could work with that.
    9Cloud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    There is so much talk about the new Doctor falling in love, should it be with a woman? A man? I want to lay off the romance a bit until we all settle in with this big change. Jack would work because he is familiar and if he "likes" the Doctor, I could work with that.
    I agree. I just meant it would be good to have him back.
    9Cloud likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

Another article about the Mapplethorpe movie and Matt Smith.

Matt Smith is unrecognisable as Robert Mapplethorpe | Daily Mail Online
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Jack - or a Jack type personality - would work for this Doctor. In his case, he doesn't care if the Doctor is male or female, and has separated his personal interests for the Doctor from his professional ones.

I think that was one of his charms - he flirted all he wanted to at anyone or anything... but didn't always go after it, especially when the Doctor was concerned.

My concern however is that people would label him as an Ian Chesterton or Harry Sullivan (initially here): A character inserted to be a strong male role for a weaker Doctor. Now personally, I think that's nonsense - the Doctor can hold the Doctor's own... however, they have to heed caution to this part of the show's history.

(Ian Marter, who played Harry, was cast because they initially though they'd be casting a much older Doctor after Pertwee, who was I believe in his 50s during his era. However, a 40s Tom Baker was cast, and Harry was eventually written out, an error I felt).

Or you need a companion who is more interested in adventure, wanting to get away from the life they lead - such as Donna, where the Doctor is more of a teacher and friend than romantic interest.

Many people - including myself - tout the year of the Doctor and Donna as one of the best of NuWho for this very reason. Donna CARED for him as a friend, but didn't love him.

I think it would be disastrous if they have the new Doctor deal with a love interest so soon, and even then careful how they handle it even more so now.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 07-31-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Looks like no new Doctor Who until fall of 2018. I think this is a mistake. With all the excitement and curiosity of a female Doctor, they should have had it spring of 2018. Strike while the show has a lot of talk around it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Jack - or a Jack type personality - would work for this Doctor. In his case, he doesn't care if the Doctor is male or female, and has separated his personal interests for the Doctor from his professional ones.

I think that was one of his charms - he flirted all he wanted to at anyone or anything... but didn't always go after it, especially when the Doctor was concerned.

My concern however is that people would label him as an Ian Chesterton or Harry Sullivan (initially here): A character inserted to be a strong male role for a weaker Doctor. Now personally, I think that's nonsense - the Doctor can hold the Doctor's own... however, they have to heed caution to this part of the show's history.

(Ian Marter, who played Harry, was cast because they initially though they'd be casting a much older Doctor after Pertwee, who was I believe in his 50s during his era. However, a 40s Tom Baker was cast, and Harry was eventually written out, an error I felt).

Or you need a companion who is more interested in adventure, wanting to get away from the life they lead - such as Donna, where the Doctor is more of a teacher and friend than romantic interest.

Many people - including myself - tout the year of the Doctor and Donna as one of the best of NuWho for this very reason. Donna CARED for him as a friend, but didn't love him.

I think it would be disastrous if they have the new Doctor deal with a love interest so soon, and even then careful how they handle it even more so now.
    I adored Donna because they were great friends (and quite funny together). I think that is why I was liking Bill.... just friends without the romance but who cared about each other.
    Miss_Griss and agamergirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread