+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I didn't connect to Bill at all mainly because I couldn't understand a word she said. So what do we think about the photos on his desk?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

CCL

I think the photo of Bill's mom with the Doctor in the background is because he travelled back in time to take the photos that were then "found" by her foster mom (as Bill had told the Doctor she didn't have pics of her mom and the foster mom made comment on how she didn't even know the box had been in the closet/where it came from). It was his Christmas present to her, after she got him the rug.
    I only really know Kris Marshall from lighter/comedic roles. It would make sense as he just left his other show (which I haven't seen), presumably to take over this role. I am sure he will be fine. And if not, another regeneration.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I think the photo of Bill's mom with the Doctor in the background is because he travelled back in time to take the photos that were then "found" by her foster mom (as Bill had told the Doctor she didn't have pics of her mom and the foster mom made comment on how she didn't even know the box had been in the closet/where it came from). It was his Christmas present to her, after she got him the rug.
    I only really know Kris Marshall from lighter/comedic roles. It would make sense as he just left his other show (which I haven't seen), presumably to take over this role. I am sure he will be fine. And if not, another regeneration.
    CCL, now that makes sense! I didn't even think about that.

Regarding Kris Marshall, if you haven't seen Death in Paradise, I recommend it. If what they are looking to go to more of a Matt Smith/Troughton Doctor, he could fit the part quite well. I think though this is all to throw us off who they really have in mind. They did that with PC.... it was all about Ben Daniels and look what happened.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I did see the Dr in the reflection from the photo. We know one of the photos was obviously River while the other, was that of Susan or Jenny?
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I did see the Dr in the reflection from the photo. We know one of the photos was obviously River while the other, was that of Susan or Jenny?
    Susan. Jenny was a blonde, Susan brunette (and the photo was in black and white)

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Susan. Jenny was a blonde, Susan brunette (and the photo was in black and white)
    So is there going to be a connection between Susan & River or is Susan River's daughter?
    -Audrey Hepburn.

So is there going to be a connection between Susan & River or is Susan River's daughter?
    Well, Susan is the Doctor's grand daughter so River probably wouldn't be her mother. I'm trying not to read too much into it besides family photos on a desk, one his wife the other his grand daughter. We also had the selection of sonic screwdrivers. I think they are giving Capaldi an ultimate fan's send off as he is an ultimate fan. Makes me sad because the Doctor I saw in "The Pilot" is what his Doctor should have been. I was not a Clara fan and imho, I think we wasted a bit too much time on her.
    9Cloud likes this.

I couldn't stand Clara either. I remembered that River first met the 10th Doctor so she probably wouldn't have met #1. I am just curious as to who the next Doctor will be.
    9Cloud likes this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I couldn't stand Clara either. I remembered that River first met the 10th Doctor so she probably wouldn't have met #1. I am just curious as to who the next Doctor will be.
    I don't think she met any others besides 10 and 11. Then she met 12 on Christmas and didn't know him, so her time with him was limited.

My big problem with Clara besides them trying to turn her into her own Doctor and somehow, imho, more important than any other companion, was her reaction to 12. It was all cute and cuddly with 11 and then we he appeared older she became very distant. She knew the Doctor regenerates, she had seen his other selves, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. A big contrast to when River found out who 12 was..... love was love.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    My big problem with Clara besides them trying to turn her into her own Doctor and somehow, imho, more important than any other companion, was her reaction to 12. It was all cute and cuddly with 11 and then we he appeared older she became very distant. She knew the Doctor regenerates, she had seen his other selves, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. A big contrast to when River found out who 12 was..... love was love.
    I was OK with Clara in the 11th's last season and the first of the 12th Doctor. She should've left that season - at most in the Christmas episode. The next season when they made her essentially a Time Lady, that became an issue.

Ashildr would've made a far better companion - and I do mean Ashildr, not "Me." That said, given Maisie Williams is a pretty important character in "Game of Thrones" (at least my understanding of the books/series) that she couldn't have come aboard then.

I think the only character in the modern era who was realistic to the Doctor regenerating - even if it wasn't a proper one - was Donna. I could see Donna Nobel having to adjust to the new Doctor (Matt Smith) after regenerating a lot more realistically than I did either Rose or Clara.

As far as this season - I'm enjoying Bill and her fresh look on the series. We got back the joy, and I'm hoping that the rumors Pearl Mackie is only doing this one season are bunk. I would love to see her deal with the Doctor regenerating.

+ Reply to Thread