+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I knew Eccelston from several movies and was surprised when he was picked. He didn't seem the type.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

CCL

I wish Eccleston had stayed past one season; I liked his Doctor and he had some of my favourite episodes.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I wish Eccleston had stayed past one season; I liked his Doctor and he had some of my favourite episodes.
    I liked him a lot too, but I liked him before the show. He really took to the character and brought him into today's world.
    9Cloud likes this.

Now I am hearing that Damian Molony is in the running. He was Hal in Being Human. He played a vampire who was something like 1000 years old. Sounds like it could be a good match.
    Critical likes this.

Oh, I liked him on Ripper Street! He'd be a good choice. Familiar, but not so much so that he couldn't "disappear" into the Doctor.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved him on Being Human. He could be funny and clever while underneath we saw glimpses of sadness and as he was a vampire, violence.
    Critical likes this.

So they have made Bill a lesbian. I don't have an issue with it but I hope it doesn't become a focal point. Just have her be who she is and get along with the Doctor.

CCL

Thoughts on episode 1? I liked Bill! I didn't think I would based on the preview so I am happily surprised.
    The episode was pretty good - definitely some parts reminiscent of earlier episodes (the water alien, the mimicry etc), which I liked.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I love her! I knew I would like her, but she was even better than I'd hoped! What Pearl Mackie has said in interviews is that fans might connect with her because she reacts like a regular person would. I loved the moment when he was going to erase her memory and she totally called him on it. I'm happy to have Nardole back too. I'm a Matt Lucas fan.

On Graham Norton, PC said he's already filmed his "death," although not the Christmas special, so that feels weird, especially if they're airing the full season before the Christmas special. I don't think this means they've cast the new Doctor yet, or at least had him film his end of the regeneration scene. It would have leaked by now. ......

Okay, OMG, I just googled and they announced the new Doctor today. Not sure how I feel about him in the role. I don't know if I'll be able to watch him without seeing his character from Love Actually ("Here comes Colin Frissel....and he's got a big knob!"). I'll give him a chance, of course, but I'm not nearly as excited as I was when they announced PC.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ined-the-cast/

Thoughts on our new Doctor?
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was very impressed with Bill. I just wonder as they were referring to Susan and awful lot (and there was River too) and wasn't there a picture of Bill's mom with the Doctor in the background? I hope I am just reading too much into it as it is refreshing to have a companion who is just a companion! She was light and fun and has great chemistry with PC.

I read the article too and they are still denying it. I love his work on Death in Paradise and he can be goofy, befuddled yet the sharpest one in the room. So who knows?

+ Reply to Thread