+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

CCL

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I am voting for Hayley Atwell. Her American show is over and I just love her. We had a female "Master" so why not a female Doctor?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't have any actor in mind to take over the role, but I DON'T want a known actor. PC was the most well-known of the actors since the reboot and he's as well known an actor as I think should have the role.

I heard a while back that Tim Roth was campaigning for the role and, just, NO. Don't want a woman (sorry) and don't want an American OR an actor who I'm so familiar with that I'm always thinking of his other roles while watching him as the Doctor. I'd vote for young, but not twenties. We're never going to get another like Tom Baker - it's just the way things are now that they have to cast a halfway sexy actor in the part.

One thing's for sure, the show is going to change drastically without Moffatt and with a new Doctor. What's going to give the show continuity? Will Pearl stay on as companion? I'm sort of worried....
    I don't want a female Doctor either. I know everyone is talking how there should be one, but I just don't feel a woman would fit the dynamic. Its almost always been Doctor/female companion with the occasional guy around. I agree, I would like someone in their 30s, not too well known if I can't get Rory Kinnear.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

*SIGH* Oh the life of a single Whovian......

I'm on a dating site and in my profile I wrote something to the effect of, "You should have an answer to the question, 'Which Doctor is your favorite?' and your answer shouldn't be 'My podiatrist.'" I just got a message from a guy who said "My favorite Doctor is probably Dr. Frankenstein or maybe my primary care Dr. He's fun to talk to and really smart."

NEXT!

Definitely in the NO female Doctor camp. Ever. Just like James Bond MUST be British, IMO the Doctor has to be a man. I don't know why people think there should be one. Why?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I don't know that there should be one, but I am not opposed to a female Doctor.
    Which Doctor is your favourite? I don't know that I could pick one. I haven't seen Classic Who, but I like all of the modern ones but for different reasons. I guess it would depend on the day.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

And if someone asked my which Doctor is my favorite, I would say number 3 but then I would talk the positive attributes of each one.....

The question really wasn't, "You HAVE to choose a favorite or else," it was a test of cultural awareness and to see if we'd be simpatico. I'd be cool if they said they watched, but didn't have a favorite or had heard good things, but hadn't watched any of it yet. It was more of a test to find nerds That guy was so clueless that he didn't understand the question and that was why I asked it. BTW, before he sent that message, I'd already hidden that match for other reasons. He wasn't my type at all.

I actually DO have a favorite though. Ten is my Doctor. I love all of them for different reasons, but he's my favorite. I'm still not one of those jerks calling for them to fire Matt Smith and then Peter Capaldi and hire back David Tennant though (as if DT would just come back, especially under those circumstances). Those people suck.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

My solution is to being #11 back. That gives us more of a chance for River Song.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

No thanks! He's my least favorite of the modern Doctors.

This show features time travel and convoluted explanations, so bringing him back isn't the only way they could bring back River.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Right now, I am torn between Kris Marshall and Rory Kinnear.

I don't have a preference beyond "male and not well-known." Of the modern Doctors, I only really knew Peter Capaldi before he was chosen - I mean, knew the name, knew his work and knew I liked him. I think he was the most well-known of the bunch. Tennant was well-known in some circles (I was familiar with him, but not overly so), but MS and Eccelston were largely unknown, I think. I don't want to see anyone cast who's done so much work that I can't forget about his previous roles.

Wonder how long until they reveal the new Doctor? Anyone remember the timing on the PC announcement/MS departure? I'll be curious to see what Chibnall brings to the table. His choice of the new Doctor (showrunner chooses, right?) will give us a first taste of what his take will be.

+ Reply to Thread