+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I, too, hope Peter Capaldi continues on as The Doctor. I sure wish they hadn't put it on hold for so long. Not helpful for keeping his momentum going.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Anyone watch the Christmas special yesterday? I loved it. Cute riff on superheroes, lots of little comedic moments etc. Seems like the "big bad" corporation from the show will play a role in the next series. There was also a preview for the next series at the end. Not sure about the new companion. She seems a bit manic and loud but hard to tell fully from a preview.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

WE watched it. DH thought it was okay, I liked it. The Christmas specials aren't exactly the best to begin with, though I enjoyed last year's with River a lot. I think PC's Doctor needs a companion like Bill. He needs a bit more levity to keep him from being so serious and dark all the time. After the woes and tragedies of Clara and the heaviness of which they took the show, I'm looking for a bit of comedy with my adventure.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It was fine for a regular season episode but it fell flat as a Christmas Special. This was the best they could come up with in a year? It was no match for The Husband's of River Song plus they basically killed off her character. Yes I know she died many years ago in the Library but this gave it a final ending. Sorry but I love River Song.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I always loved River too. She had great chemistry with both Matt and Peter. I was glad they at least brought her up. Interesting, here he was pining for River and in the Runaway Bride he was pining for Rose.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

I always love the Christmas specials They are always a bit different from the regular season shows I am also liking Matt Lucas on the show. The new companion does seem a little over the top in the previews but so did Donna Noble at first but i grew to really like the character Was not sure about Peter Capaldi either but he has grown on me and i like him better than Matt Smith who always annoyed me a little
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

Count me as a Donna Noble fan! I liked that there wasn't romantic relationship between her and the Doctor. I like some of the lightness and humor she brought to the show.

Well, poo. I had a feeling he would leave after Moffatt announced his departure
    Peter Capaldi to leave 'Doctor Who' - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Well, poo. I had a feeling he would leave after Moffatt announced his departure
    Peter Capaldi to leave 'Doctor Who' - CNN.com
    Yes me too. I was hoping, as I like him so much, given better scripts and a good companion, he could really shine. Kind of down about this one

Now comes the big questions.... who will be the next Doctor? I still like Rory Kinnear.

I don't have any actor in mind to take over the role, but I DON'T want a known actor. PC was the most well-known of the actors since the reboot and he's as well known an actor as I think should have the role.

I heard a while back that Tim Roth was campaigning for the role and, just, NO. Don't want a woman (sorry) and don't want an American OR an actor who I'm so familiar with that I'm always thinking of his other roles while watching him as the Doctor. I'd vote for young, but not twenties. We're never going to get another like Tom Baker - it's just the way things are now that they have to cast a halfway sexy actor in the part.

One thing's for sure, the show is going to change drastically without Moffatt and with a new Doctor. What's going to give the show continuity? Will Pearl stay on as companion? I'm sort of worried....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread