+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I CANNOT wait until the Christmas special! This one looks so fun!
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That was wonderful! Lots of fun and very touching.

Oh man that was the best Christmas Special, watched it 4 times already. Love or hate her Alex Kingston can act the hell out of River Song. When I heard Derillum I almost cried; Last Night/First Night. I mean just give her a new journal. I would have appreciated a series with River Song as a companion.

**Wait spoiler: Didn't River say she dug Fleming up in 400 years or was she just lying??? I love that we finally saw how she got her own sonic. That was one story arc I never could figure out. Alex & Peter do have chemistry together. I just never got that with Jenna. Last Christmas Special was her perfect goodbye ending but I fear a spin-off of Clara Who with Ashilder as her companion.
    9Cloud likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

It was one of the best in ages! Just out and out fun and so touching too. I loved it when she pulled the fez out of the bag.

I do not want a Clara spin off, I do not want to see her again or have the Doctor pining for her next season. I was never a huge fan and didn't like how they made her on a level with the Doctor (the whole Clara Who reference drove me crazy). Why could she have not just stayed dead? It took away from the impact of her death to have her running around again.

Jenna won't do a spin-off. She left to do Victoria. She doesn't have time! I loved Clara. I was sad to see her go, but I'm looking forward to seeing who they choose as the next companion.

I loved the special! I wanted MORE! I have such a girl crush on Alex/River. I'd love to see her back at least part-time.

When he turned to her and said, "Hello, Sweetie." =
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Haven't they pretty much made it impossible for River to return, since this is clearly the last time they'll see each other and she'd never seen this Doctor before.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Haven't they pretty much made it impossible for River to return, since this is clearly the last time they'll see each other and she'd never seen this Doctor before.
    This is Dr Who we are talking about, timey whimey things do happen. From what I've ready almost everybody loved this Christmas Special.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This is Dr Who we are talking about, timey whimey things do happen. From what I've ready almost everybody loved this Christmas Special.
    Exactly. If they want to have River back on the show, I expect they'll find a way to do it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This is the first Capaldi episode I have enjoyed since "The Fires of Pompeii". LOVED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    This is the first Capaldi episode I have enjoyed since "The Fires of Pompeii". LOVED IT!
    That's because it was the 1st Clara-free episode!

The chemistry between Alex & Peter was amazing! The look & the way they played off one another after she finally realized WHO he was was amazing! Just like an old married couple. "You married a diamond" "you married Elizabeth I"...perfect!

Please Mr Moffett just 1 season of The Doctor & River before he has to take her to Darullium. A day lasts 24 years! Also remember Missy has the bracelet thingy that can manlipulate anything so it is possible he can go back & retrieve River from the library.
    libgirl2 and 9Cloud like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread