+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

So the Dr got "Donna Nobled".

I guess River finds the TARDIS at Christmas.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I read speculation that the hybrid is ME, as in Ashildr. I don't know how she could be his mother. Wouldn't he have recognized her? She is, however, in the preview for next week's show and in Gallifrey, i assume.

i think your son is right that he was stuck there for over a billion years. i don't remember how many. I know i heard 53 million and then someting billion.

i was fascinated that he was in that little disc thingie that he gave Ashildr.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

Yes he did, but he did get his sonic screwdriver back!
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I read speculation that the hybrid is ME, as in Ashildr. I don't know how she could be his mother. Wouldn't he have recognized her? She is, however, in the preview for next week's show and in Gallifrey, i assume.

i think your son is right that he was stuck there for over a billion years. i don't remember how many. I know i heard 53 million and then someting billion.

i was fascinated that he was in that little disc thingie that he gave Ashildr.

He originally gave that disc to Missy. I bet she is involved in this and we will see her again.

All in all the episode was okay, not as good as the one before it. I was confused at times and felt that Gallifrey was underused. And why kill Clara if you are going to bring her back? Ashildr I like. She went from child to life weary woman this season. Well done.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

What does it mean to get "Donna Nobled?" I've watched all of the shows, but I don't get that reference.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    What does it mean to get "Donna Nobled?" I've watched all of the shows, but I don't get that reference.
    His memories are erased of his time with Clara to save her existence.

Donna Noble - after becoming part Doctor and not being able to handle the Time Lord memories, has her memory erased ... Well blocked... By the 10th Doctor to save her life.

As far as the ending here, I'm OK with it. This allows Clara and Ashildr to return later on if wanted to opens door for Clara to absorb Time energy, regenerate and come back as a regenerated Clara (new name) and add to adventures.

And she's basically suspended in time like Ashildr: alive but can't age because she will return to that moment again... But what is to say my theory can't happen and she DOES regenerate after her death from raven, as we don't see a burial...

CCL

I like Clara but I would rather she have died and stayed dead. Noone dies in shows anymore so any time there is a death it takes away the impact because the audience is just waiting for the resurrection. Clara played her role. She was the imoossible girl. She had Danny and lost him amd suffered. She died because she was reckless and acted like the doctor without actually being the doctor. To take from Ashilder, her death by the raven was sad and beautiful. I could imagine her in the afterlife reunited with Danny. It was good. But this episode took that away and made her a brash adventurer again, albeit without the doctor as travel companion and knowing she has to "one day" die (as do we all). I don't hate that outcome but nor do I really like it.
    Miss_Griss and libgirl2 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    His memories are erased of his time with Clara to save her existence.

Donna Noble - after becoming part Doctor and not being able to handle the Time Lord memories, has her memory erased ... Well blocked... By the 10th Doctor to save her life.

As far as the ending here, I'm OK with it. This allows Clara and Ashildr to return later on if wanted to opens door for Clara to absorb Time energy, regenerate and come back as a regenerated Clara (new name) and add to adventures.

And she's basically suspended in time like Ashildr: alive but can't age because she will return to that moment again... But what is to say my theory can't happen and she DOES regenerate after her death from raven, as we don't see a burial...
    Ahh. Thanks, Jadewarlock. I knew that had happened to Donna, but I didn't equate it with the term. Makes sense.

I haven't had a chance to see this week's episode yet, so I'm not going to read any of the rest of your post and others. Don't want to spoil myself too much.

It was the Dr Donna episode. Clara died 3 times, guess she really IS the impossible girl. I am just hoping it's not going to spin off into The Adventures of Clara Who.

The next show is the Christmas special with my beloved River. How many more days until Christmas?
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Hmm. That was a complicated episode. I agree that bringing Clara back takes away from the "beauty" of her death. It was so ill-fated, and she faced it with so much courage. I would have liked this episode more if she'd been able to convince the Doctor of the necessity of putting her back where she belonged. But I suppose that idea of Clara and Ashildr flying around in a diner tardis being reckless in the universe opens all sorts of story opportunities down the road.

One question, though, by bringing Clara back and breaking all the rules that will mess with time and cause chaos that could end the universe, didn't the Doctor become the hybrid anyway, even though he and Clara and now separated? Especially if Clara goes traipsing about the universe instead of going back to being dead like she says she eventually will? Or as long as she makes it back to Gallifrey eventually and goes back through that portal to her death will everything in between be undone? This seems beyond timey wimey to me.

+ Reply to Thread