+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

There are 2 more shows plus the Christmas Special left. I don't see Ashilder being a companion given that her actions caused the death of Clara.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    There are 2 more shows plus the Christmas Special left. I don't see Ashilder being a companion given that her actions caused the death of Clara.
    I don't either.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

They pretty much confirmed Maisie Williams wouldn't be a companion anyway due to her role in "Game of Thrones." As far as I know in that series, Ayra Stark is in all the stories that comprise the series, so it'd be difficult to just kill the character off.

As far as this episode, they did an excellent job with Clara's death. She's the first (official-ish, given the confusion of Peri and "Trial of a Time Lord") death while on an adventure since Adric, and as much as I didn't like Adric with the Fifth Doctor, he did a good job being dignified in death. (Note, I know Amy and Rory "died" of sorts in their swan song, but it was after living a long life and present day they had passed. They weren't KIA).

It was nice to see the consequences of thinking that she was the Doctor or could do what he did and be reckless. It's not surprising she thought or acted this way though given how she had lived in his time stream as echoes.

As far as "Me" - I don't think she's anyone other than a petulant immortal myself, in the lines of "Q" from Star Trek.
    libgirl2 likes this.

I don't see how Ashildr could become the companion unless there were some sort of really amazing redemption story. The only thing that kind of gave credence to the idea was the fact that the shooting schedule seemed to have changed from what it usually is, and I wondered if they were working around the shooting schedule for Game of Thrones. Shows don't shoot year round do they?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    They pretty much confirmed Maisie Williams wouldn't be a companion anyway due to her role in "Game of Thrones." As far as I know in that series, Ayra Stark is in all the stories that comprise the series, so it'd be difficult to just kill the character off.

As far as this episode, they did an excellent job with Clara's death. She's the first (official-ish, given the confusion of Peri and "Trial of a Time Lord") death while on an adventure since Adric, and as much as I didn't like Adric with the Fifth Doctor, he did a good job being dignified in death. (Note, I know Amy and Rory "died" of sorts in their swan song, but it was after living a long life and present day they had passed. They weren't KIA).

It was nice to see the consequences of thinking that she was the Doctor or could do what he did and be reckless. It's not surprising she thought or acted this way though given how she had lived in his time stream as echoes.

As far as "Me" - I don't think she's anyone other than a petulant immortal myself, in the lines of "Q" from Star Trek.
    Very well said. It had been building for quite some time now that she was like the Doctor (in her own mind). The last time we saw Rigsy didn't she even call herself Doctor? Looking back on all of this and this past episode it really was tied together quite nicely. Only The Doctor can be the Doctor.

As much as I disliked Adric or at least tolerated him, his death was such a surprise and a shock to me and my Doctor Who fans. He was as you say dignified in death. Accepting and very stoic once he knew he didn't stand a chance.

Okay..... Did he just spend 2 billion years breaking through Galifrey? My son & I disagree; is the DR a time lord/dalek hybrid?

My son believes someone put the Dr into that "trap" so he could find where Galifrey was. My though is who better but an archaeologist who he happens to be married to.

This week was confusing!
    9Cloud likes this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay..... Did he just spend 2 billion years breaking through Galifrey? My son & I disagree; is the DR a time lord/dalek hybrid?

My son believes someone put the Dr into that "trap" so he could find where Galifrey was. My though is who better but an archaeologist who he happens to be married to.

This week was confusing!
    Adding movie canon he is a hybrid.

I am reading rumors (not actual spoilers) that people think that Me is The Doctor's mother. She is a hybrid, he says he is a hybrid and the Doctor Who movie said he was half human on his mother's side. Its quite plausible.

Far fetched here but IF the Dr is a hybrid half human/half time lord could Ashildir/ME be HIS mother???? I know insane theory.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I guess if we are to meet the Doctor's mother she would be someone with a bit of grit and out of the ordinary.

+ Reply to Thread