+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 512
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

  1. #411
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    10,730

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Hi everyone.

    I do not watch this show but I was at Disneyland today and just about everyone there was dressed like a character from Doctor Who.

    Were they having a convention? Just curious. TY
    KAREN

  2. #412
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,610

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Hi everyone.

    I do not watch this show but I was at Disneyland today and just about everyone there was dressed like a character from Doctor Who.

    Were they having a convention? Just curious. TY
    Not that I'm aware of.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #413
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That was one heck of an episode last night. So much I loved.

    -must start with the Doctor's speech, so moving.... Peter can act and he showed it. High light of the season so far. I had tears in my eyes.
    -Kate, that had to be said. I loved as she said it she smiled.... so did I.
    -Osgood, I have to say it I love her. I thought she has wonderful chemistry with Peter and I want to see more of her.
    -Clara, loved her as a Zygon. I'm not really a Clara fan, but she plays bad really good.
    I agree. It was a great episode. Peter can most definitely act, and I love the changes that they've made to his character this season, bringing in a more rock 'n' roll vibe to his intense portrayal of The Doctor.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #414
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    10,730

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Not that I'm aware of.
    Here you do, I guess it was just a DAY at DISNEYLAND. Not a convention.

    Dr Who Fans Time Travel to Disneyland This SUNDAY | OC Weekly
    libgirl2 likes this.
    KAREN

  5. #415
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,610

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree. It was a great episode. Peter can most definitely act, and I love the changes that they've made to his character this season, bringing in a more rock 'n' roll vibe to his intense portrayal of The Doctor.
    I do too. It brings his personality into the character more. He plays guitar, so why not. He also has a great sense of humor and I like seeing it come out on the show. They've softened him as well yet kept the edge.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  6. #416
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,610

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Never a big Clara fan, but I have to say I did tear up last night.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #417
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,705

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Never a big Clara fan, but I have to say I did tear up last night.
    Well I kind of cheered. She had her perfect exit last Christmas.

    In all reality, well okay, it is The Dr who caused this. If he hadn't changed Ashilder's time line she would have died in Viking time. I am wondering if, with Clara's passing, that this gives us a year with River as his companion. I admit, I love River, but I loved River with #11. Not sure how I will feel with her & #12.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  8. #418
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,610

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Well I kind of cheered. She had her perfect exit last Christmas.

    In all reality, well okay, it is The Dr who caused this. If he hadn't changed Ashilder's time line she would have died in Viking time. I am wondering if, with Clara's passing, that this gives us a year with River as his companion. I admit, I love River, but I loved River with #11. Not sure how I will feel with her & #12.
    she had great chemistry with 11. I think with 12 it won't be the same but I look forward to see this nrw dynamic. He is still the Doctor and she is his wife.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #419
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,705

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Wonder if ME is Missy or River. Hybrid could be a Dalek/Cyberman. The whole reverse time line with River is still confusing.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  10. #420
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Wonder if ME is Missy or River. Hybrid could be a Dalek/Cyberman. The whole reverse time line with River is still confusing.
    Huh? I don't understand what you're asking/saying here. Isn't ME Ashilder's name for herself? Is there some other thing that ME stands for in this context?

    I just finished watching this session on demand, and I accidentally saw a spoiler saying that this was the episode where Clara died, so that put a bit of a damper on things, but it was still a touching death.

    I'll be interested to see where things go from here. I've seen some speculation that Ashilder will ultimately become the new companion, and that the thing the Doctor said about Clara being more "breakable" is a foreshadowing of this, since Ashilder is equally unbreakable. I guess time will tell.

    Anybody know how many more shows there are in this season? I've heard that they won't be shooting the next series of shows until late spring or early summer of next year, so the next set of shows may not start as early in the year as they normally do.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 11-23-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.