+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 512
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

  1. #391
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,712

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Casting spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    'Doctor Who's Jenna Coleman Quits Sci-Fi Series to Play Queen Victoria

    I know that not everyone here is a Jenna/Clara fan, but I'll really miss her. I liked her with 11, but I've loved her evolution with 12. I'll be sad to see her go....and curious to meet the next companion!


    FYI - BBCA is airing a little 15 minute season 9 preview tonight at 10pm PST.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    This does not surprise me. When they said she was in the running I did a search on the subject - more than what I knew, and said "She's likely to get the part given how well she does period pieces."

    I'm a little sad - she showed you can be cast in this show and work well along two different actors as the Doctor, but I totally understand the reasoning.

    Now, as far as the next companion - I doubt it'll be Alex Kingston as River - unless Jenna leaves midway due to filming for the miniseries and they needed a filler companion off and on for the rest of the series. I *would* say that Maisie Williams except there hasn't even been rumors outside of "DW" that would point this, nor is "Game of Thrones" - I think - ending soon.

    Then again - if my wild guess is right, the "Girl who died"/"Woman who lived" is actually two Claras - her DNA was altered in the Doctor's time stream so she became a Timelady, further making her an "Impossible Girl" and Maisie is the next regeneration of Clara.

    The fact they have kept this spoiler pretty well hidden though, they may want to try and surprise us this time on the companion.

  2. #392
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Tonight!!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #393
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Okay, that was a very Genesis of the Daleks episode (which is playing as I type). I'm not spoiling it but loved Missy, she is so much like the Delgado Master as is her relationship with the Doctor. I liked the scratch his eyes out line. PC has really loosened up. I prefer him with the longer hair and the more casual clothes and the attitude has evolved. The beginning was a big surprise! Wow! Clara, still not a big fan, but she was okay.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #394
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Delgado and the 3rd Doctor where fremenies. You always felt that they really REALLY didn't want to kill each other. And he did send his confession dial to Missy. The only other person in the universe who would understand. I like this dimension in their relationship. Oh they will still try to get rid of each other though.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #395
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,712

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    I agree - Michelle Gomez really has studied her predecessors to make sure she has Missy right. She leans more toward Delgado's persona than the others, but that's fine - makes her a lot more interesting to watch.

    The scene with the Daleks toward the end was also reminiscent of the Third Doctor/Delgado Master era.

    So long as she doesn't try to invoke any of the Eric Roberts version of the Master I will be happy. He was far too campy and you didn't really believe he was evil whereas the others, even Ainley (seen sadly as also campy at times) you DID feel they were.
    libgirl2 likes this.

  6. #396
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,939

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    This does not surprise me. When they said she was in the running I did a search on the subject - more than what I knew, and said "She's likely to get the part given how well she does period pieces."

    I'm a little sad - she showed you can be cast in this show and work well along two different actors as the Doctor, but I totally understand the reasoning.

    Now, as far as the next companion - I doubt it'll be Alex Kingston as River - unless Jenna leaves midway due to filming for the miniseries and they needed a filler companion off and on for the rest of the series. I *would* say that Maisie Williams except there hasn't even been rumors outside of "DW" that would point this, nor is "Game of Thrones" - I think - ending soon.

    Then again - if my wild guess is right, the "Girl who died"/"Woman who lived" is actually two Claras - her DNA was altered in the Doctor's time stream so she became a Timelady, further making her an "Impossible Girl" and Maisie is the next regeneration of Clara.

    The fact they have kept this spoiler pretty well hidden though, they may want to try and surprise us this time on the companion.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It won't be Maisie as GOT is still on for at least a couple years and she is a major character there. I read that Jenna Coleman was not seen on-set after a certain episode filming-wise so she probably leaves mid to late season. Maybe he won't get a regular companion but will have one-offs for a while.

    I don't really like two-parters and I have read that this season is mostly set up like that, which is unfortunate. I do like Missy but just when you are sympathetic with her she goes and betrays Clara, saying that the dalek is the one who killed her rather than her. Poor Clara -she was panicking. But Missy is a villain so guess shouldn't be surprised.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  7. #397
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It won't be Maisie as GOT is still on for at least a couple years and she is a major character there. I read that Jenna Coleman was not seen on-set after a certain episode filming-wise so she probably leaves mid to late season. Maybe he won't get a regular companion but will have one-offs for a while.

    I don't really like two-parters and I have read that this season is mostly set up like that, which is unfortunate. I do like Missy but just when you are sympathetic with her she goes and betrays Clara, saying that the dalek is the one who killed her rather than her. Poor Clara -she was panicking. But Missy is a villain so guess shouldn't be surprised.
    The Master has always been that way. The times you see him working with the Doctor and you say oh he isn't so bad and them boom, he betrays everyone. Basically, I never trust the Master!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  8. #398
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    I wonder, too, if Missy is a bit jealous of how attached the Doctor is to Clara. After all, it was Clara he was asking about when they were below the room where the Doctor was asking if she was still alive. But maybe the reason he didn't ask about Missy is because he knew she couldn't be killed.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  9. #399
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I wonder, too, if Missy is a bit jealous of how attached the Doctor is to Clara. After all, it was Clara he was asking about when they were below the room where the Doctor was asking if she was still alive. But maybe the reason he didn't ask about Missy is because he knew she couldn't be killed.

    Yes, The Master/Missy always manages to get thru whatever calamity they are stuck in.

    Liked last nights episode. It was very creepy! I don't know if I like two parters or not though. Maybe every so often but not all the time.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #400
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    8,600

    Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

    Wonderful episode last night! Maisie Williams was great. It didn't bother me that she ended up who she ended up. It made sense. I still sense there is more to her as she seemed to have hinted at it. The episode ws light hearted and made sense.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.