+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I liked River Song, too. She's a bit different in this season than last, but that's OK. One gets the feeling she goes through a lot with her Doctor(s) - it's amazing she keeps it all sorted!

Yeah, maybe this Doctor/Companion pairing will have the Companion be a bit more of a leader. As for 'getting married tomorrow' I have a feeling that won't happen, at least not as planned. Companion boyfriends don't have a great track record!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3900549;
    It's not getting any better, arrgh! Amy seems to know too much for being a new companion. There's no sense of wonder, and I miss that. Also, I can't understand what Matt says half the time! David Tennant spoke very fast too, but I could understand everything he said. I think it's because Matt's voice is lower and softer.

I won't give up, though. I love the Doctor, and will give it time to work out the kinks.
    I discussed Amy knowing too much with my husband and he said that is part of the whole plot. Amy is supposed to be this way and it will figure into the future episodes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Loved the return of the Weeping Angels, totally as creepy as they were before.

I like Amy, she's spunky. I also have grown to like the new Doc, I feared I would not, since I loved DT. I like that he's quirky moreso like CE was, and he almost reminds me of a younger version of CE's Doctor.

It was great to see the return of River Song, as I quite like the actress. There wasn't as much chemistry, however, as she had with DT's Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3905829;

It was great to see the return of River Song, as I quite like the actress. There wasn't as much chemistry, however, as she had with DT's Doctor.

I agree that there isn't much chemistry and I find her character as incredibly obnoxious!

I am glad the Doctor seems suspicious of River Song so far. It just seems pretty manipulative of her to hold out she knows more than him, he'll find out soon, etc. They're implying that somehow she must be his wife in the future but somehow it seems like they're being too hamfisted about it and I can see River Song being someone completely different than we're being led to expect.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3906379;
    I am glad the Doctor seems suspicious of River Song so far. It just seems pretty manipulative of her to hold out she knows more than him, he'll find out soon, etc. They're implying that somehow she must be his wife in the future but somehow it seems like they're being too hamfisted about it and I can see River Song being someone completely different than we're being led to expect.
    I agree, there is more there then meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3906425;
    I agree, there is more there then meets the eye.

Too true....otherwise, would we keep watching? I think that's what I love about all the Dr. Who/Torchwood episodes I've seen. I can never quite think ahead of most of them, just sit back and enjoy the ride. My only negative is that sometimes I don't hear all of the dialogue, and find myself watching it over a couple of times for what I've missed. (Having a slight hearing loss that is not "fixable" can be a bitch!)
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

When they kept referring to the man that River Song had killed, and kept saying he was a "very good man", my first thought was that at some point in time she kills The Doctor.

There's some thing shady about her, so I'm glad this Doctor seems to bit wary of her at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3907057;
    When they kept referring to the man that River Song had killed, and kept saying he was a "very good man", my first thought was that at some point in time she kills The Doctor.
    We thought the exact same thing.

Jazzie - how about CC? I use that often, just because so many actors fail to enunciate properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3907057;

There's some thing shady about her, so I'm glad this Doctor seems to bit wary of her at this point.
    Rumor has it she did, but that would in effect tell you how the series would end (and The Doctor). I am kind of hoping it was (or is) the Doctor's son or father etc.... He does have a granddaughter.

+ Reply to Thread