+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

But in a past episode it was revealed that River Song marries The Doctor - it's only alluded to (and a subplot) though - we never saw it. I forgot the name of the episode, but the one in the library with Donna & Dr. The marriage took place in the future for the Dr. and the past for River Song. I won't say more in case you wanna watch the ep on rerun.

But I don't know if the same actress is playing River Song again or another character - her hair color was different, and maybe they just reused a good actress.

About the "Smilers" episode - it was creepy, but, I miss the old writing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3887509;
    But in a past episode it was revealed that River Song marries The Doctor - it's only alluded to (and a subplot) though - we never saw it. I forgot the name of the episode, but the one in the library with Donna & Dr. The marriage took place in the future for the Dr. and the past for River Song. I won't say more in case you wanna watch the ep on rerun.

But I don't know if the same actress is playing River Song again or another character - her hair color was different, and maybe they just reused a good actress.

About the "Smilers" episode - it was creepy, but, I miss the old writing team.
    I am reading all the rumors out there, from wife, to mother, to even Captain Jack! I hope this unfolds more as the season progresses. I don't think she is Susan as she would hardly call him "sweetie". I even thought perhaps (since he didn't teach her how to fly a TARDIS, but someone else did) she might be related to the Master, married (or dated) the Doctor and somehow betrayed him at some point? Maybe helping the Master escape?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Saw the first of the two part Weeping Angels story with River Song.

I am just not getting any kind of chemistry or sense of fun or adventure from the Matt Smith Dr. Who and his companion Amy Pond. There was a much better rapport with Chris Eccleston and Billie Piper and then David Tennett. Maybe be its the writing or production team I don't know. I just don't think the team is getting that spark of innocence, fun, adventure, ting of sadness that is trademark Dr. Who.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3899528;
    Saw the first of the two part Weeping Angels story with River Song.

I am just not getting any kind of chemistry or sense of fun or adventure from the Matt Smith Dr. Who and his companion Amy Pond. There was a much better rapport with Chris Eccleston and Billie Piper and then David Tennett. Maybe be its the writing or production team I don't know. I just don't think the team is getting that spark of innocence, fun, adventure, ting of sadness that is trademark Dr. Who.
    I agree 100 percent. I'll give it awhile longer, because it did take me a few eps to warm up to David T after CE. And while I don't think mixing River Song into this so early is a good idea, at least there is a tinge of something between the Doctor and she. Just not getting the chills and laughs yet. Part one of Weeping Angles was much less creepy than the original ep. Still, it is the Doctor and I will watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3900108;
    I agree 100 percent. I'll give it awhile longer, because it did take me a few eps to warm up to David T after CE. And while I don't think mixing River Song into this so early is a good idea, at least there is a tinge of something between the Doctor and she. Just not getting the chills and laughs yet. Part one of Weeping Angles was much less creepy than the original ep. Still, it is the Doctor and I will watch.
    I did like the aspect of the story where an image of the angel can become the angel. Watching the video image of the angel stalk Amy was spooky.

FORT Fogey

It's not getting any better, arrgh! Amy seems to know too much for being a new companion. There's no sense of wonder, and I miss that. Also, I can't understand what Matt says half the time! David Tennant spoke very fast too, but I could understand everything he said. I think it's because Matt's voice is lower and softer.

I won't give up, though. I love the Doctor, and will give it time to work out the kinks.

At this point in the show what I wouldn't give to get me some Captain Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3900549;
    It's not getting any better, arrgh! Amy seems to know too much for being a new companion.
    Great observation - She does, doesn't she? Rose and the others were nervous at least a while, at first. It's almost as if Amy should've been cast as the Doctor. Fact, I'd hoped after Tennant if/when that occurred, they would do exactly that - cast a woman. I mean why not - it IS sci fi.

Wonder if they will bring back the "Doctor's daughter"? I had heard rumors of a spinoff at the time. I thought at the time they might be doing that instead of the casting the first woman as The Doctor.

I was just gonna post that I dislike Smith so far as the Doctor, he's dull and seems to be doing a watered-down Tennant impression. (I do hope he improves, and will keep watching for now.) But, I had to comment on that insight on the Companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3902403;
    Great observation - She does, doesn't she? Rose and the others were nervous at least a while, at first. It's almost as if Amy should've been cast as the Doctor. Fact, I'd hoped after Tennant if/when that occurred, they would do exactly that - cast a woman. I mean why not - it IS sci fi.

Wonder if they will bring back the "Doctor's daughter"? I had heard rumors of a spinoff at the time. I thought at the time they might be doing that instead of the casting the first woman as The Doctor.

I was just gonna post that I dislike Smith so far as the Doctor, he's dull and seems to be doing a watered-down Tennant impression. (I do hope he improves, and will keep watching for now.) But, I had to comment on that insight on the Companion.
    Couple of thoughts here now that I had a chance to watch the DVR of the episode.....seems to me that the interaction between Amy and the Doctor is going to be wildly different than with any other companion, after all, she met the doctor right after regeneration when she was a child after which (from her point of view) he abandoned her, PLUS she has that whole "getting married tomorrow" thing going on.

As to River Song....I kind of like her and the way she treats the Doctor, as well as his admission to Amy that she (River Song) will one day be his wife.

Shoot, it's the doctor and I will watch it... I too, would love a big dose of Captain Jack about now!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;3902452;

As to River Song....I kind of like her and the way she treats the Doctor, as well as his admission to Amy that she (River Song) will one day be his wife.
    I like how she keeps calling him "sweetie"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread