+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

FORT Fogey

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

That is interesting news. I just noticed she was in Captain America while I was watching it this weekend. She's probably ready to move on to the next project. I wish her well!

It seems like Clara JUST started, but I looked it up and, by the time she leaves the show, she'll have been the companion in 24 episodes. Less than Amy at 31, but more than Donna at 14 and Martha at 18.

I suspect that she's gotten a LOT of visibility from this show and wants to take advantage of more opportunities like the Captain America movie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Three more days until Twelve!

I so wish I lived in one of the cities where the world tour stopped! I thought this was sweet:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Shu3WXR0rE
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Tonight! Tonight! We get Capaldi tonight! I am on edge! I am so ready!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Tonight! Tonight! We get Capaldi tonight! I am on edge! I am so ready!
    It is killing me but I can't watch since I am going to the movie screening on Monday.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

You have WAY more self-control than I do! I already found episode 1 online and watched it a few hours ago! Then I found unfinished screeners for episodes 2 and 3 and watched those too!

I won't spoil anything since it hasn't aired yet, but I LOOOOOVE the new opening titles. I'm pretty sure they were either done by a fan or based on something a fan made. Either way, I love them.

The opening was done by a fan. I am TiVio-ing it so I can watch it Tuesday. Trust me it is KILLING me but from what I hear the movie version is going to have a bunch more footage that the TV version.
    Would you believe I finally found River's red shoes while watching The Day of The Doctor for the 50th time! Can not wait until Monday evening although I am not sure I am going to love Capaldi but I am keeping an open mind. Now I finally understand that #12 is a reboot & not a regeneration.
    You can "spoiler tag the first 3 episodes. I promise to sneak a peek!
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    The opening was done by a fan. I am TiVio-ing it so I can watch it Tuesday. Trust me it is KILLING me but from what I hear the movie version is going to have a bunch more footage that the TV version.
    Would you believe I finally found River's red shoes while watching The Day of The Doctor for the 50th time! Can not wait until Monday evening although I am not sure I am going to love Capaldi but I am keeping an open mind. Now I finally understand that #12 is a reboot & not a regeneration.
    You can "spoiler tag the first 3 episodes. I promise to sneak a peek!
    'Splain, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    'Splain, please.
    The original concept of Dr Who from 50 years ago said there could only be 12 regenerations of the Dr. #11 even mentioned it in The Time of The Doctor. In order for this series to continue the Dr had to reboot so we could have #12 (or #13 if you count John Hurt). I am...spoilers...my beloved River makes an appearance this series although, to be quite honest here, I can't imagine River with anyone other than Matt.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Eh, to me he's a regeneration. Who could have predicted back then that the show would still be on the air in 2014? Really, "reboot" is just another way of saying "regeneration." I'm fine with them altering the mythology to allow for additional regenerations.

If you're not watching the premiere until Monday, beware spoilers in this thread. Once the show airs on TV (on the East coast), we don't require spoiler tags.

The screeners I watched of episodes 2 & 3 were really rough. Looks like someone from the graphics company leaked them. They're in B&W and there are onscreen notes about various special effects and voice over dialogue that need to be added. Still, I wanted to see them. I have no impulse control. Some of the footage - and some of the pics we've seen from the set - shown in season 8 trailers/promos are from those two episodes.

I'm sure lots of people will be disappointed in Capaldi, simply because DT and MS were super viewer-friendly Doctors. Cute, funny and quirky and not in the vein of some of the earlier Doctors. I don't know that any previous actor playing the part has had quite this much pressure and expectation. I mean, they did a world tour, for godsake. I hope viewers give his some time to make the part his own.

I'm glad they kept Jenna around for his first season. It will make the transition easier for viewers. She definitely does a lot of the heavy lifting in the first three episodes. I think they were very smart to make Clara reticent to accept the new Doctor. She can say the things the viewers are thinking and maybe they'll grow to accept him the way she does. (<---- not a spoiler, just what will clearly happen)

I totally get why Jenna would want to move on after this season. This show films in Cardiff (not exactly the center of the show biz universe) for EIGHT months. That's a huge time commitment and a long time to be away from friends and family.

+ Reply to Thread