+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

David Tennant is one of the more adorable people on the planet. Nice little interview with him about the show and being the Doctor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-GfID5pjM
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My feeling is that he's just tired of doing his show. Also, he gets so little support from CBS. They rarely did anything to promote his show. He's like the "forgotten late night host." I think he probably just wants to do something else now. I definitely see a difference in his enthusiasm level between 5+ years ago and now. He's not like Letterman, who pretty much can do only what he's doing. I mean, he never was much of a stand-up, truth be told. I think doing a daily show is probably exhausting and limiting, especially if you DO do other things like stand-up and acting. Plus, his kids are still young. He probably wants to spend some more time with his family.
    I forgot about that too - though I WILL say that CBS is pulling an NBC in that they're losing someone who is a benefit to them long term. But, their choice and Craig may be happier long term.

I'm really hopeful that we'll see him opposite PC's Doctor. He's been SO supportive of the show. I feel like they kind of OWE him a guest spot.
    Oh I don't know - he's just given almost all of the actors who are a part of the show - at least leads - an appearance there (or the opportunity). Not to mention the sketches and the banter between him and the Dalek.

I'm still sad that they put the kibbutz on his Doctor Who musical performance a few years ago. The dress rehearsal video is excellent, complete with cameo from Matt Smith.

ETA: In case anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sK5d3oshp8
    They had no choice - that particular score also was copyrighted by a group besides the BBC, and it wasn't cleared that day by the OTHER group (The BBC was fine with it of course) so they had to pull it.

That said, when they finally got permission, Craig was allowed to show the cold rehearsal of said performance. It was cute and there was one girl who reminded me of Tegan in her dress sense and sass.

David Tennant is one of the more adorable people on the planet. Nice little interview with him about the show and being the Doctor:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-GfID5pjM
    Yep, he is that. I just watched the Harry Potter series again this weekend. I had forgotten that he was the evil Barty Crouch, Jr.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yep, he is that. I just watched the Harry Potter series again this weekend. I had forgotten that he was the evil Barty Crouch, Jr.
    Funny that the actor who played Barty Crouch, Sr. - Roger Lloyd-Pack - guested as a bad guy on Doctor Who opposite DT in "Rise of the Cybermen" and "The Age of Steel." I remember laughing when I saw the episodes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Funny that the actor who played Barty Crouch, Sr. - Roger Lloyd-Pack - guested as a bad guy on Doctor Who opposite DT in "Rise of the Cybermen" and "The Age of Steel." I remember laughing when I saw the episodes.
    There have been quite a few actors in the Harry Potter series who have appeared in Doctor Who - then and now.

Two not mentioned I know off the top of my head are:

Shirley Henderson, who played moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter then was Ursula in the Doctor Who episode "Love and Monsters."

John Cleese - who was "Nearly Headless Nick" in Harry Potter and then was a art enthusiast admiring the "work" of the TARDIS before, when the Fourth Doctor and Romana II entered and when it disappeared in the episode "City of Death."
    libgirl2 likes this.

Lots of crossovers between Doctor Who and other big shows/movie franchises. It's sort of the Law & Order is Britain in that respect Pretty much every New York actor has guested on some iteration of L&O at one time or another.....sometimes 2 or 3 of 4 times.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/act...tter-and-docto
    Stars who played in both "Game of Thrones" and "Doctor Who"

The one who gets me on this list is Julian Glover. I never, in a million years, would have recognized him from an Indiana Jones movie:
    16 Game of Thrones Characters Who Are Giving You Major Deja Vu | Birchbox

This is interesting. I never liked her with Matt and hoped that she could be THE companion for this regeneration. Guess not. I wonder who they will get.

Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman quits: Clara Oswald's 8 most memorable moments - Mirror Online
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    This is interesting. I never liked her with Matt and hoped that she could be THE companion for this regeneration. Guess not. I wonder who they will get.

Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman quits: Clara Oswald's 8 most memorable moments - Mirror Online
    I guess the chemistry wasn't there between Clara and #12. So much for the impossible girl storyline. I still always thought there should have been just 1 series with River as #11's companion. I loved the chemistry between Matt & Alex.

Oh a brighter note I have my tickets for the showing of the series opener next Monday so I have to fight the temptation to watch Saturday night.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I really had hoped Clara would have good chemistry with #12. Who knows maybe she will be great and will have a good going out story line?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Maybe she just wants to do something else. From all accounts, this is a pretty exhausting show to shoot. Her departure may have nothing to do with chemistry. Companions don't often last more than a few seasons.

+ Reply to Thread