+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

New series with Matt Smith and Karen Gillen started last week on BBC 1 in the UK. I'll not post any spoilers, just to say that it was a fantastic debut. Although only in his twenties, somehow Matt seems old. Great relationship with Karen, who plays new companion Amy.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl;3873130;
    New series with Matt Smith and Karen Gillen started last week on BBC 1 in the UK. I'll not post any spoilers, just to say that it was a fantastic debut. Although only in his twenties, somehow Matt seems old. Great relationship with Karen, who plays new companion Amy.
    He does seem older. AS a long time viewer of the show he is very reminiscent of the 2nd doctor.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Comments about the first episode of the Matt Smith Doctor Who aired on April 17th, 2010.

Very bright high energy premiere episode. I think the film or video was some kind of technical improvement as the picture was very clear. I liked the idea of Amy Pond as a little girl and it would have been fun to see a child as a companion to the Doctor.

Interesting to note that the music is a bit different as are the opening and closing titles and the logo. The TARDIS has also been updated both inside and out. You can see that it is a new box and the main control console is much more angular and not as organic looking as during Eccleston's and Tennett's tenure as the Doctor.

As for the story, a typical Dr. Who romp with lots of running.

Overall, lots of fun. The new Doctor brings a lot of innocence and child like wonder to the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3880061;
    Interesting to note that the music is a bit different as are the opening and closing titles and the logo. The TARDIS has also been updated both inside and out. You can see that it is a new box and the main control console is much more angular and not as organic looking as during Eccleston's and Tennett's tenure as the Doctor.

I wasn't thrilled with the new music. The beginning just wasn't Who enough for me..... but I loved Matt Smith!!!
    Last edited by libgirl2; 04-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.

FORT Fogey

Not bad, will be interesting to see the chemistry develop between Amy and The Doctor. I felt this episode was mixing Mickey/Rose with the 1st Martha Jones episode. I'll keep watching as I love see The Doctor's way of solving problems.

The weeping angels and River Song are back in tomorrows episode in Britain. Blink, where the Weeping Angels were first introduced. Widely considered the best Who episode of the new era!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl;3883946;
    The weeping angels and River Song are back in tomorrows episode in Britain. Blink, where the Weeping Angels were first introduced. Widely considered the best Who episode of the new era!
    I find the weeping angles the creepiest Who villians ever!

April 24, 2010

2nd episode of the new Doctor. It was a kinda weak story. Best thing was seeing the future Queen of England, Liz 10 was of a mixed race background and didn't speak with a high toned accent.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So that's Riversong? Wasn't sure if they just used the same actor. Her hair is blond, and she looks different(ly styled) than last season. I hope we get to see them fall in love, and marry. That storyline was poignant.

I'm not sure about the new Who so far, but then Tennant was just about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3885525;
    So that's Riversong? Wasn't sure if they just used the same actor. Her hair is blond, and she looks different(ly styled) than last season. I hope we get to see them fall in love, and marry. That storyline was poignant.

I'm not sure about the new Who so far, but then Tennant was just about perfect.
    I don't think River Song is his wife. She probably is a Time Lord. My bet is Romana or someone connected to the Master.

+ Reply to Thread