+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

I will wait until August for Dr Who's return to form an opinion of Capaldi. Honestly I thought he looked like an older version of David Tennant. One can only wish.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I watched it last night and was interested to see who the new doctor is. Any idea when his episodes will be starting, Bearcata?

I've been using this time to catch up on some episodes I've missed along the way, particular David Tenant's and Matt Smith's doctors. Last night I viewed the Western episode, "A Town Called Mercy." I sat there looking at the Isaac character and telling myself that I know who that actor is and eventually (before the credits) his voice told me it was Ben Browder whom I've loved ever since Farscape. He was clearly older and bearded, so I found him a little hard to recognize, but it was a treat. Not surprising since his wife is British.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Air dates for Dr Who are always a bit wackadoodle. I check the BBC America website and normally after watching the show for years know it airs around March thru May, with sometimes episodes on in September, October time frame. Also check TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource and TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide. Comcast On Demand feature also airs various episode and seasons depending on the time of the year. Best of luck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

1520661_618875594815984_593576284_n.jpgI have never watched this show, but my niece is a loyal fan. She asked me to make this for Christmas. Only those that watch this show will understand.
    libgirl2 and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    There's no place like home!

Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

The new series starts filming in January, so I'd guess we'll hear about air dates within the next few months.

ETA: I bawled like a baby at the end of Matt's last episode. I love Peter Capaldi and have high hopes for his run as the Doctor, but I really grew to love Matt. I'll miss him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Attachment 29579I have never watched this show, but my niece is a loyal fan. She asked me to make this for Christmas. Only those that watch this show will understand.
    Wow, fans would go gaga over this. Make more and sell them on either Etsy or Ebay.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I finally, after all these years, understood everything about this show while watching a double episode from 2008. I GOT IT! The whole River Song/child of the TARDIS/DR's wife/mixed timestreams...I understand.
    From BBC, the new series is set to air the end of August.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wow, fans would go gaga over this. Make more and sell them on either Etsy or Ebay.
    I agree.... I would love it. This from someone who has a TARDIS pillow and necklace!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The new series starts filming in January, so I'd guess we'll hear about air dates within the next few months.

ETA: I bawled like a baby at the end of Matt's last episode. I love Peter Capaldi and have high hopes for his run as the Doctor, but I really grew to love Matt. I'll miss him.
    I will miss him too, but I think Capaldi will be a good fit. I liked that he instantly was a bit silly as his previous self and not sure what he was doing (which happens after a regeneration). I was afraid they would have him be very serious and stern. Kidneys!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

My son bought me Google TV with Netflix for Christmas so I am in the middle of watching Christopher Ecclstone as The Dr.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread