+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

Re: Doctor Who (2005 and on, version)

OMG, did anyone else go through a box of tissue over this week's episode!? Amy Pond was my favorite companion of all time. While I liked what I saw of Oswin, I know I'll miss the Ponds.

I'm still laughing over the horse from last week's episode: "He's called Susan and he wants you to respect his life choices."
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I cried so much! I really wasn't too warmed up to the Ponds initially, but they really one me over.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Just finished watching season 7 episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks

Sometimes I think the writers are just lazy and continuously give us the Daleks then the ending with them all shouting Doctor Who cute and lame at the same time. Didn't like how they tried to break up Amy and Rory. Like the Doctor couldn't have helped with Amy's fertility. I thought perhaps that Oswin was going to be the new companion as they like to change that up. That and why do they always have to show that some of the companions are adrenaline junkies and can only seem happy with the Doctor and screw up their relationships when he isn't around. So I have to say I kinda liked it kinda didn't mainly because it seemed like a retread.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just finished watching season 7 episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks

Sometimes I think the writers are just lazy and continuously give us the Daleks then the ending with them all shouting Doctor Who cute and lame at the same time. Didn't like how they tried to break up Amy and Rory. Like the Doctor couldn't have helped with Amy's fertility. I thought perhaps that Oswin was going to be the new companion as they like to change that up. That and why do they always have to show that some of the companions are adrenaline junkies and can only seem happy with the Doctor and screw up their relationships when he isn't around. So I have to say I kinda liked it kinda didn't mainly because it seemed like a retread.
    I thought the ending was clever, anyone familiar with the 50+ years of Doctor Who just loves to see the Daleks bested and most of all, they forgot him! Their greatest enemy!

Oswin will be back, at least the actress not the character, as the Doctor's next companion.

I think most of the Doctor's companions have been adrenaline junkies, I think you have to be in order to put up with constant danger. I know I couldn't do it. I'm too chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I thought the ending was clever, anyone familiar with the 50+ years of Doctor Who just loves to see the Daleks bested and most of all, they forgot him! Their greatest enemy!

Oswin will be back, at least the actress not the character, as the Doctor's next companion.

I think most of the Doctor's companions have been adrenaline junkies, I think you have to be in order to put up with constant danger. I know I couldn't do it. I'm too chicken.

Been watching for years, still thought it was lazy writing. Do we really have to see the Daleks, the Weeping Angels and the Cybermen every other episode? I think Stephan Moffat is the most guilty of doing this. The second episode, "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" I totally luv'd as it was vintage Who.

Been watching for years, still thought it was lazy writing. Do we really have to see the Daleks, the Weeping Angels and the Cybermen every other episode? I think Stephan Moffat is the most guilty of doing this. The second episode, "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" I totally luv'd as it was vintage Who.
    Dinosaurs was a real throw back I agree. I like the classic baddies and I love the Weeping Angels, but I will say some of the best episodes are the ones that just come out and surprise you as they are unassuming... one of my favorite episodes is the Vincent Van Gogh one. I even have friends who don't watch the show who have seen that one and loved it.

This is my weekend to catch up on Doctor Who. Thank you Comcast On Demand. Just finished episode 3 "A Town Called Mercy". Again another classic Who adventure with lots of running. Nice to see Ben Browder again playing Marshal Isaac.

This is my weekend to catch up on Doctor Who. Thank you Comcast On Demand. Just finished episode 3 "A Town Called Mercy". Again another classic Who adventure with lots of running. Nice to see Ben Browder again playing Marshal Isaac.
    Now that one both my husband and I didn't like.

Strangely, because I do love science fiction, I never watched Dr. Who in its early years and I've felt that it's too late to get into it now. I do watch Torchwood from time to time. I've heard it's an offshoot of Dr. Who, but I don't know if that's true or not.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Strangely, because I do love science fiction, I never watched Dr. Who in its early years and I've felt that it's too late to get into it now. I do watch Torchwood from time to time. I've heard it's an offshoot of Dr. Who, but I don't know if that's true or not.
    You really could start with the new series and not watch the old. I know many people who are new to the show. Torchwood was great, but they, imho, ruined it when the Americanized it. I couldn't finish watching it and I loved the original, especially Children of Earth.

+ Reply to Thread