+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescue Me - Season 3

How is it that I love Denis Leary yet have never seen this show? Is it comedy? Drama? Dramedy?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    How is it that I love Denis Leary yet have never seen this show? Is it comedy? Drama? Dramedy?
    OMG AJane! This is a MUST for DL lovers. It's basically INSANE! It's about post 9-11 firehouse in NYC. DL is out of his mind in this show - it's raunchy and real. I would say dramedy since it's quite serious at some points but there are parts that are beyond hilarious.

If you belong to Netflix, they have season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Join us!

No Netflix in my neck o' the woods but I noticed recently it's on our Showcase channels. I'm a big fan of Denis and I couldn't bear it if I ended up disappointed in the show. I will have to do a search and see what time it's on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, I am a huge Denis Leary fan, and this show just made me like him even more. I hope you're able to locate it and catch up, it's great.

They are showing that 15 minute special on DirecTV 24 hours a day, and I finally just now took the time out to catch it. HILARIOUS. I burst out laughing at least 4 times in the 15 minutes.

I like how they referenced Uncle Teddy, too. It gave it a continuity from the last episode.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    They are showing that 15 minute special on DirecTV 24 hours a day, and I finally just now took the time out to catch it. HILARIOUS. I burst out laughing at least 4 times in the 15 minutes.

I like how they referenced Uncle Teddy, too. It gave it a continuity from the last episode.
    I saw the 15-minute short the other day, via the link on FX's web site. So funny... ! I really cracked up at Marco, with his "fainting spells"

So, folks... Less than a week to go for the season premiere... BTW, if anyone is interested, there's a short article by Matt Rousch about the show in his section online - http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/www.tvguide.com.

Cat

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post

Suncat - where on DirecTV? I couldn't find anything.

TVGuide this week has a couple of blurbs about Rescue Me - it was a nice addition to my mailbox

Marybeth, it was on channel 115 or something, (right before the pay-per-view channels) and it was running on a 24 hour loop for a few days, but it's not on there now. (I saved it to TIVO)

BUT, you can see it at the main Rescue Me site at
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/rescueme/

It's hilarious. I can't even say who's funnier in it. It's just great. And it will REALLY get you in the mood for the new season!

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1955 View Post
    I really cracked up at Marco, with his "fainting spells"

Cat
    You mean, FRANCO, right?? Yeah, his fainting spells were hilarious. Can't wait to see it air. I wonder if that was part of the first episode of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez View Post
    You mean, FRANCO, right?? Yeah, his fainting spells were hilarious. Can't wait to see it air. I wonder if that was part of the first episode of the season.
    Oops...Yes, I did ! The last scene with the group standing together was hilarious, too...

Has anyone seen the Rescue Me Anti-Blog on the TV Guide site? There's an entry there from John Scurti, "Lou":
    http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700003730
    It's good for some laughs, too.

Cat

Catwoman, that "anti-blog" is fantastic! I especially love "Lou's" entry for himself, and for Franco. Thanks for the link!

+ Reply to Thread