+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Rescue Me - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I have a huge crush on Franco - horrible parenting committment aside - and someone just pointed out to me where I had seen him before. Does anyone remember the Sex and the City episode where it was Fleet Week in NYC and Franco is a young sailor who tries to romance Carrie? He is typecast as a NYC man in uninform, I guess.

I thought that Sheila knew how to use the fire extinguisher, but it wasn't working or something.
    He also used to play a CSU technician on Law and Order: SVU. That's where I remember him from.

And as for Sheila and the fire extinguisher.....to me it looked she couldn't figure it out and then she threw it on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post
    Thank you, Perez, for that wonderful recap. And here I thought you didn't have the time or the resources to do that.
    That wasn't a recap, those were my THOUGHTS.

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez View Post
    Franco. Ok, I happen to love Franco, I do. But I'm starting to realize that Sean and Probie aren't the only "not so bright" ones in that firehouse. That boy is not tto smart. Great to look at but....that's about it. Sorry Franco. Didn't like how he just let Keela go. It's obvious that he really didn't want her around.
    ... I've come to the same realization about Franco. Even Rich is giving that man a run for his money, in terms of brain power. We've found out that he's an idiot savant.

Yeah, Franco is still hot, but he's back at the strictly "eye candy" level in my mind. I hope that Natalie sticks around, though. She might be good for him.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Nena902 View Post

Catwoman, the information you want can be found on IMDB. Just type in the keyword Rescue Me and go to their chatboards. They are all talking about how this show is jumping the shark as we speak. Personally, I am in love with this show, I think it is the best show on television equal to Boston Legal and I hope that they bring it back for another season. Denis Leary is one of my top favorite performers.
    Nena902,

Thank you, but I am well aware of where/how I can find that information. If/when I find "free" time, I may just look them up.

In the meantime, though, I am on the record, stating that I disagree with that "jumping the shark" contention about the show. Others will, of course, continue to "talk", "b****", or whatever about "Rescue Me" and this season, in that respect. That comes with the territory. But, I regard it as "noise", and nothing that is urgent, requiring my immediate attention.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I think he (Tommy) made the call before he knew Johnny was dead, because he didn't get the call about his death until the morning when he was sitting in his truck. (Then he was 2 hours late for work.) When they got the effects and listened to the call, it was time-stamped late the night he was shot.
    Thanks very much, I didn't hear the time stamp thing and I know when Tommy and Lou got home from that long day, their was a message from Johnny to Tommy and I wasn't sure if Tommy had called him before or after..
    I think that clears it up for me.. lol but I am sure they will be playing the season again and I hope to get watch them all again, I don't know why people never call me unless one of my shows are on..
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

Well, he is going to be looking a lot more weathered after that finale. .
    I don't think they will mess with that face too much.
    Sheila useless waste of air and might be yet another gost to bug Tommy. I am sure Janet would beat so bad she wishes she was dead. I can't understand the hold this man had on her, what a nut case.

I'm still not happy with the Franco story wrap-up. Susan Sarandon just stole the child and is keeping it? If Susan Sarandon stole my child, I'd like to think I'd do something about it, like grab my child back while telling SS how much I loved her in Bull Durham. How does she enroll the child in school or do anything else without papers? Is she so rich she had them made?.
    I don't like how they worked this story line, but I think that they didn't know
    where to go with the story line and getting her out the country was the easiest way to go, No I don't like the fact that it doesn't bother him
    more then it seems to and all he says is she's better off..
    SS has enough money to buy what she wants, but I thought the reason
    she wanted her was to be a mother to her, sending her off to school in
    another country is not being a "mother"

Evel Doer's club member.

But my ultimate favorite scene was when the guys were looking at that firemen's murial and remembering all the guys that had been lost on 9/11. I don't know if Denis was acting or if that was real but it was very touching to see him get all chocked up when talking. And then to see Ground Zero when they panned out.....AWESOME!!
    I love this show so much!!
    I don't think it was all acting.. because I know I was choked up at this
    scene

Evel Doer's club member.

He also used to play a CSU technician on Law and Order: SVU. That's where I remember him from.

And as for Sheila and the fire extinguisher.....to me it looked she couldn't figure it out and then she threw it on the floor.

I don't remember Franco being on it, but I do remember that Johnny actor Dean Winters played on Law and Order SVU with alot of the other "OZ" actors thru out the years

Evel Doer's club member.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks
    I don't think it was all acting.. because I know I was choked up at this scene
    See?? That's what I'm saying. That some of Denis the person came through during that scene. It was still awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks
    I don't remember Franco being on it, but I do remember that Johnny actor Dean Winters played on Law and Order SVU with alot of the other "OZ" actors thru out the years
    Yeah, I remember him too. Dean Winters was on during the 1999-2000 season. But Daniel Sunjata (Franco) was on during the 2003-2004 season. So if you stopped watching before then.....you missed him.

Rescue me is one of the best shows on TV (but then FX has a handle on shows that push the envelope, yet manage to be compelling and original). I think the season finale was terrific. Sheila is a head case and has obsession issues with Tommy, the actress who plays her (Callie Thorn?) is very good. I don't think Denis Leary is that good of an actor. The character is pretty much his real personality, so he is not stretching in the acting area. Dumb and dumber (Sean and Probie) are wonderful actors and adorable guys. I have never seen either one of them before, but they should have a good future. Franco - he is the "eye candy" of the show and a pretty good actor too. He is no rocket scientist, but seems smart compared to Sean and Probie. He has commitment issues and needs to grow up and become an adult. The new girlfriend knows how to handle him better than anyone else ever has and could be the best thing for him. He has that bit of the bad boy that is irresistable to women (myself included). The whole show - characters, acting, dialogue, storyline, etc. is terrific, but sometimes excruciating to watch.

+ Reply to Thread