+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2205262;
    God, why can't there be a scandal so monumental that these pathetic contests are scrapped forever?
    The Miss American pageant has been without such scandals recently and ratings have tanked. So unfortunately, as long as people watch, we will likely get these stories, especially with Trump in charge.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2206132;
    The Miss American pageant has been without such scandals recently and ratings have tanked. So unfortunately, as long as people watch, we will likely get these stories, especially with Trump in charge.

Miss America pageant girls are very educated and professional women with platforms. Miss usa girls are just girls who look good in a swinsuits. Long are gone days where misss usa are well rounded women. Well trump doesn’t care about brain but body.

Okay, so a girl gets pregnant. Is having pre-martial sex supposed to still be a scandal these days? Especially since the girl and the baby's father are getting married?

Sheesh. Not as thrilling as Miss USA and Miss Teen USA co-inviting guys up to their pad for an orgy. Okay, it may not have happened exactly like that, but at least contemplating that is more interesting than talking about a Jersey girl getting knocked up.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Krom;2206204;]
    Sheesh. Not as thrilling as Miss USA and Miss Teen USA co-inviting guys up to their pad for an orgy. QUOTE]

but they were bored! what else can they do. They go need too

if only donald trump's son was visiting them from time to time, they would have done that.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Miss USA Tara Conner: I'm an Alcoholic

FRIDAY JANUARY 26, 2007 06:40 PM EST

By Mark Dagostino

Miss USA Tara Conner is "a completely different person" since going through rehab, she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview.

"My life has completely changed," she said Friday. "I'm a completely different person out of rehab. Before I entered rehab I hardly knew who I was. I felt like I was floating and I just needed someone to pull me down."

The Kentucky native, who turned 21 on Dec. 18, initially entered a rehabilitation center in Pennsylvania on Dec. 21, following allegations of hard partying, indiscretions with men and unreliability. She spent 31 days there – including Christmas and New Year's Eve.

"I didn't think I had any kind of issue going into rehab. I even said, 'I'll get some free therapy,' or something like that – and that was so ridiculous," says Conner. "But I've realized I do have an issue. I suffer from the disease of alcoholism and addiction. And if there's anything that I want people to know it's the severity of this disease and what it can do to people."

Conner almost lost her crown after reports of her wild behavior surfaced in December. However Donald Trump, co-owner of the Miss Universe organization, offered her a second chance.

In her interview with PEOPLE, Conner also admits that she tried drugs in addition to alcohol, and that she took her first drink at the age of 14. She checked out of the Pennsylvania facility on Sunday.

Link Here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

^ I can see this event being mention on the VH1 specials. You know those "I Love the...." ones.

FORT Fan
    clearly she knew herself to get by with an ugly rindstone crown

Miss USA admits doing cocaine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16867882/

Miss USA admits doing cocaine
    In her first television interview since completing a month-long stint in rehab, 21-year-old Tara Conner says her problems went beyond alcohol

TODAY
    Updated: 33 minutes ago

In an NBC interview, her first since getting out of a month-log stint in rehab, Miss USA Tara Conner admitted that in addition to drinking, she did drugs.

“I have done cocaine,” she admitted to Matt Lauer, in an interview that will air on NBC’s Dateline. A clip was played on the TODAY show Wednesday morning.

When asked how admitting the drug use publicly made her feel, the 21-year-old Kentucky native replied: “It gets it off my chest.”

“In being be honest with you, at first I kind of held back on it a little bit but there’s no sense in it,” the beauty queen told Lauer. “Luckily the great thing about getting everything out, and being completely open and honest about things, it frees me from it. So the more I get it off my chest the better I feel about myself. It’s not healthy for my recovery to sit here and hold things back.”

Conner spent the holidays in a Pennsylvania rehab facility and is now resuming her duties as Miss USA. She was allowed to keep her crown by pageant owner Donald Trump, who, in giving her the much-publicized “second chance,” sparked a feud with “The View” co-host Rosie O’Donnell.

FORT Fogey
    so much for being a role model!!!! well at least she is cleaning up herself.
    i heard there is a new miss america in town

FORT Fogey
    miss usa in underway in LA just saw the new. I hope they find a classier and mature winner this time around. Tara corner has all these tatoos now.

Can the moderators get rid of the "2006" in the thread's title

+ Reply to Thread