+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i had never seen them so of course i had to take a look. yep, they're racy, all right. but i guess my question is, how old was she when she had them taken? if she was 18, she was of legal age, unlike the other chick who was drinking illegally because she wasn't of age, not to mention illegal drug use!!

i think trump is just angry that she will make out with girls before she'd make out with him!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2190034;
    i had never seen them so of course i had to take a look. yep, they're racy, all right. but i guess my question is, how old was she when she had them taken? if she was 18, she was of legal age, unlike the other chick who was drinking illegally because she wasn't of age, not to mention illegal drug use!!

i think trump is just angry that she will make out with girls before she'd make out with him!
    barefootdyke...from all accounts that I've read, Miss Nevada was 17 at the time so she was not of legal age either....!

I understand that beauty queens are supposed to uphold certain values and I know that Vanessa Williams was stripped of her crown because of actions prior to her title but there's something about the fact that the current Miss USA can't fulfill her duties because she's in rehab just doesn't seem right
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic
    I read somewhere that Miss USA Tara Connor was invited by Playboy to pose for them after she gets out of rehab. Supposedly Trump is thinking it over, as long as it would be done tastefully (probably skimpy clothes and not naked or topless). How big of a sham is this "scholarship competition"? Next year's pageant should just be sponsored by Allergan Saline Implants. Miss Rhinoplasty USA!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I didn't think that the USA/Universe pageants were scholarship competitions. I thought that was the Miss America organization. The one that got bumped to CMT because of low ratings.

I'm old-fashioned in my thinking and probably in the minority here, but I don't think anyone who has had any plastic surgery should be allowed competitions. No lipo, breast implants, nose jobs, face lifts, etc. Now if someone had to have something done due to cancer or other medical reasons, that's different, but why can't these women just compete based on their natural looks? I think it just perpetuates the belief that we have to have medical intervention to look good and it really irks me. I don't watch beauty pageants. There are other ways girls can learn self-esteem and get scholarships.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    what do you expect from the man who bases someone's worth on their looks and looks alone?

FORT Fanatic
    come on now, be fair. he also considers how much money they have and how much money their daddy has.

Yet another Miss USA contestant resigns, although for not nearly as scandalous reasons.

article

TRENTON, New Jersey (AP) -- Another Miss USA tiara is changing heads.

Ashley Harder, Miss New Jersey USA, has resigned because she is pregnant, The Philadelphia Daily News reported in Monday's editions.

Harder, 20, told the newspaper she voluntarily stepped down because it's against pageant rules to compete while pregnant.

Both the pageant and the runner-up for 2007 Miss New Jersey USA confirmed Monday that the crown had been transferred. Erin Abrahamson, 23, said pageant officials called her Friday to let her know she would be assuming the title.

"Whatever made her resign, I wish her lots of luck and hope she's OK," Abrahamson said of Harder, adding that pageant officials didn't tell her why she would be taking over.

Harder's resignation is the latest to hit the pageant.

Miss Nevada USA Katie Rees was stripped of her title after racy photos of her appeared on the Internet. Miss USA Tara Conner, who was caught drinking in New York bars when she was still underage, was allowed to keep her tiara after she agreed to go into rehab and undergo drug testing.

Harder, who was crowned in October, told the newspaper she's expecting her child in "late summer" and plans to marry her live-in boyfriend.

Pageant spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton confirmed Harder's resignation, but would only say it was "for personal reasons."

The Miss USA pageant is to be held on March 23 in Los Angeles. The winner of that competition goes on to compete in the Miss Universe pageant. Both pageants are owned by Donald Trump and NBC.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

God, why can't there be a scandal so monumental that these pathetic contests are scrapped forever?

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2205262;
    God, why can't there be a scandal so monumental that these pathetic contests are scrapped forever?
    I'm with you, fluff.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread