+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

FORT Fogey

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

What about the recent allegations by Miss PA that the contest is rigged? Did she say it was already known who the top 5 were going to be? I didn't catch the whole story, but she has resigned as Miss PA. Trump is apparently saying something to the effect that she's a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    What about the recent allegations by Miss PA that the contest is rigged? Did she say it was already known who the top 5 were going to be? I didn't catch the whole story, but she has resigned as Miss PA. Trump is apparently saying something to the effect that she's a sore loser.
    But it is "rigged" or I prefer "predetermined". There are many business and professional relationships behind the scenes being promoted and working together, scratching eachothers backs. It doesn't matter who answers what question or how they even answer it, the decision for the crown was made days (or months) earlier. The contestants are all told that they are in the finals... nothing wrong with any of this, but like many organizational secrets, they just don't want it blabbed all over the world. The contestants have wonderful opportunities coming their way if they play along and support the organization that has made it all possible. Cross The Donald, and you will pay the piper...

The Donald now says that he's suing her for her claims.
    Personally I believe her 100%. The judges have access to a whole lot of pre-show stuff so that they very likely already have their minds made up. Unless a contestant starts cussing like a sailor or punches another contestant on screen, it's already decided. Plus TV production people have to know certain stuff in order to put on a better show & feature the women accordingly.
    You can't tell me it's all off-the-cuff.
    I've suspected this for years. What surprises me is that the contestants don't all know this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I saw the interview of Donald with George S. and it all became a bit much when he said not once but twice that by looking at Miss PA she didn't deserve to be in the top 15 implying she was not good looking enough. The Donald doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut and is a bully. He just sprouts off because it just brings him publicity. He is nothing but an attention whore.
    Shoepie, GabbyG, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Who cares!? Sounds like a sore loser to me.

Even if it was rigged, the girls that made it were very good.

And to be fair, it is predetermined, there is a "competition" before the live televised one that narrows it down ahead of time so they know who advances, but they dont determine the winner yet. That's widely known. And they actually had that part of the competition live on the internet to watch for the Miss Universe pageant last year before the actual televised event which crowns the winner.

FORT Fogey

I'm just surprised it's Miss PA doing this. She's competed in the USA system for 10 years, so she should know how everything works. When the girls are together for weeks doing appearances and competing, it becomes obvious who the favored contestants are. The organization even states they can pick some of the finalists. None of this is new. I would expect this reaction from one of the younger newbies, not one of the seasoned vets.

The Donald did not handle the accusation very well, however. It's a shame that it's tarnishing Olivia's crown.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I'm just surprised it's Miss PA doing this. She's competed in the USA system for 10 years, so she should know how everything works. When the girls are together for weeks doing appearances and competing, it becomes obvious who the favored contestants are. The organization even states they can pick some of the finalists. None of this is new. I would expect this reaction from one of the younger newbies, not one of the seasoned vets.

The Donald did not handle the accusation very well, however.
    It's a shame that it's tarnishing Olivia's crown.
    Donald never handles accusations, jokes, pokes, whatever, very well. He always comes on full force, claiming the other person is stupid, a sore loser and that he will sue. He always attacks the person's integrity, morality and business accomplishments to the point it is a joke.
    Shoepie, Moontat and Coco46 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I believe the judges gather only to "judge" the final 5. So if I am right, the final 5 have been determined ahead. And since the organization gets to "vote" I don't think these random judges play a very big role in determining the outcome. The firm that tabulates the votes, has only to look at the call on the final 5, is my guess. Another speculation is, they have nothing to do with the two weeks where another pannel of judges is narrowing the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I believe the judges gather only to "judge" the final 5. So if I am right, the final 5 have been determined ahead. And since the organization gets to "vote" I don't think these random judges play a very big role in determining the outcome. The firm that tabulates the votes, has only to look at the call on the final 5, is my guess. Another speculation is, they have nothing to do with the two weeks where another pannel of judges is narrowing the field.
    I agree and think this is how most competitions of this type are run, especially when the finale is on LIVE television.
    Except, I think the celebrity judges are on the premesis and interviewing/rating the contestants all week long. Although the celebrity judges' votes count, they alone don't have the final say.

FORT Fogey

Miss USA, Olivia Culpo, won Miss Universe! Nice to have the top prize in the country again. Loved her festive red velvet dress

+ Reply to Thread