+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

I still cannot believe this is on tv still.....oh well I guess if the ratings are decent with nothing else on in the summer why cancel it?

It's on right now and as I watching the girls get introduced, I realized that Miss California (Natalie Pack) is the same Natalie that was on America's Next Top Model!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    It's on right now and as I watching the girls get introduced, I realized that Miss California (Natalie Pack) is the same Natalie that was on America's Next Top Model!
    Oh, wow, interesting! How'd she do on that?

I'm not sure I liked the opening introductions, especially with the cheesy "audience" next to the runway. Wayyy overdone. And I felt for the glam-rock girls, some of whom did not look like rocker types. A few looked awesome like that, but others were costumey instead of elegant.

I see Bachelorette Ali will be judging. How fun. I would love to do that.

Alyssa looked super tall - her dress was striking but kind of odd.
    Last edited by navybelle; 06-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Oh, wow, interesting!
    I'm not sure I liked the opening introductions, especially with the cheesy "audience" next to the runway. Wayyy overdone. And I felt for the glam-rock girls, some of whom did not look like rocker types. A few looked awesome like that, but others were costumey instead of elegant.
    It was typical pageantry, very cheesy and overdone. Sad to see that Natalie didn't make it to top 16! I was so sure a state like California would be a shoe in.

Another strong Top 5 this year - I'm impressed with how it's been going lately. Seemed the rankings were fair based upon how they answered the final question, and Miss Rhode Island did great with that tough question. She's so pretty and seems very smart! I could've seen any one of them win except maybe NV who was absolutely stunning but that's about it. She didn't speak well either time she had the chance, and her online questions/answers on youtube didn't make her seem any smarter. I liked both Georgia and Maryland, but RI seems like the whole package and will probably be a great title holder! Congrats to her!
    mindy384 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think they should all answer the same question. I liked Ohio
    Jinafire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    I think they should all answer the same question. I liked Ohio
    I agree with this completely, its so unfair that some contestants get bad questions or uninteresting ones, and then some get relevant questions that are controversial and meaningful. I knew Rhode Island would win after hearing her response to her question.

They need to go back to having the SAME question, one answer at a time while the rest have headphones on.

FORT Fogey

Excited for Olivia's year! Was sad to see Alyssa go because she was sooooo good in her role as Miss USA. But, Olivia should fill the role nicely. Heck, she could even win Miss Universe, and MD would be Miss USA, and that'd be just fine too. That top 5 was really outstanding!

FORT Fogey

I agree with this completely, its so unfair that some contestants get bad questions or uninteresting ones, and then some get relevant questions that are controversial and meaningful. I knew Rhode Island would win after hearing her response to her question.

They need to go back to having the SAME question, one answer at a time while the rest have headphones on.
    I agree. I think all the girls had prepared an answer to that transgender issue and RI was lucky to get it. Don't get me wrong
    i loved RI but maybe MD or Ohio or NV, GA may had prepared a better answer to that question

I was sad to see she didn't even make the first cut. She looked fantastic! I didn't even recognize her until I read her name.

+ Reply to Thread