+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Re: Miss USA and Miss Universe

Oh my gosh, looking at the montage of past winners, I still can't believe that girl won last year!!! She looks better tonight, but had so little class last year.

I really didn't like Ms. California's barely coherent answer to the pot question. I thought between the two that were left Ms. Tennessee was better all around but that's why I'm not a judge in these things. But I would like my contestants to be able to form a short, coherant answer/opinion on things.

FORT Fogey

i thought the best two were left standing. California was a change in beauty though so i was happy with her win. She was also on many people's top list. I learnt she was miss teen NJ and went on to become first runner up at Miss teen US. She competed twice at Miss NJ and lost but last year went to CA and won on her first try against over 200 contestants.
    I wonder how the NJ people are feeling now.

I was very happy to see Ms. California win! I thought she looked fantastic and I was kinda rooting for her by default because I'm from Ca, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    i thought the best two were left standing. California was a change in beauty though so i was happy with her win. She was also on many people's top list. I learnt she was miss teen NJ and went on to become first runner up at Miss teen US. She competed twice at Miss NJ and lost but last year went to CA and won on her first try against over 200 contestants.
    I wonder how the NJ people are feeling now.
    Interesting - I didn't know that! New Jersey had a pretty contestant this year too.

I was very surprised California won, out of the final four. Texas answered her question the best, and looked awesome all around. I was amazed when Texas took 3rd runner up! She would've done great at Miss Universe, against all those other beautiful hispanic women. Alabama was a sleeper (for me); she was not on my radar but turned out to be gorgeous and really had a chance, until she fumbled her answers a little bit. And Tennessee was so pretty, sounded bold/sassy in her answers (like last year's winner) so I thought she might take it over CA.
    The last couple of years it's really been different; wonder if Trump is just looking for someone who'll get people talking? And not the more obvious kind of beauty queen? NOt that there was anything wrong with Miss CA - she's pretty and definitely fit and thin. It just surprised me that she beat out some of those other girls.

FORT Fogey

But you have to remember, CA's questions was a bit more difficult (difficulty level). She tried not to alienate one particular group. Texas was somehow easier, what do you do with a cheater? I thought Alabama was a bit ditzy, Tennessee way too nervous and on the first round of QA, she didn't really answer the question. Anyway, the rating did the best in years. I loved the finale 4

I was trying to find a ranking, just to see how Oklahoma did. I can't find a ranking anywhere ... anyone know where I can find one?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I was trying to find a ranking, just to see how Oklahoma did. I can't find a ranking anywhere ... anyone know where I can find one?
    I asked my former-Miss-USA-contestant sister, and she said she doesn't think that will be released. They used to broadcast the scores along the way for each segment of the competition, and people could figure it out, but they didn't do it this year. She said they don't let you know your ranking or the judges scores after the pageant. So unless someone's got some privileged information they'll share, it doesn't sound promising. Sorry!

FORT Fogey

I like that they didn't show the judges scores this year. It's more fun to watch because you don't know what the judges are thinking. I thought CA started to pull ahead of the other girls in evening gown, and then she kept distancing herself with the two on-stage questions. I was surprised that TX was not at least 2nd RU. She was flawless all night. TN was such cool a combination of cute/pretty/sassy, I can't really deny her placement.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I like that they didn't show the judges scores this year. It's more fun to watch because you don't know what the judges are thinking. I thought CA started to pull ahead of the other girls in evening gown, and then she kept distancing herself with the two on-stage questions. I was surprised that TX was not at least 2nd RU. She was flawless all night. TN was such cool a combination of cute/pretty/sassy, I can't really deny her placement.
    The top 4 were all pretty strong this time, I agree. Though I have to say, I always did like seeing their scores along the way, because then I'd understand where they'd see the girls as being stronger/weaker, and I guess I wouldn't be as shocked at the winner as I was these last two years! STILL don't understand last year's girl winning, and even though Miss CA was fine, I still didn't see her all along as the "winner" for some reason.

I agree with you that TX should have ranked a little higher (if not won) because AL didn't answer her questions all that well, so she should have at least out-placed her. And she was flawless all evening, as you said. Oh well ... Miss CA is fine, and it will be fun to see her at Miss Universe in September. Hopefully she doesn't fall too - hasn't our girl fallen these past two years there? Or am I remembering wrong?

+ Reply to Thread