+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miss USA and Miss Universe

FORT Fogey
    If she was making out in public with Miss Teen USA, then Miss Teen USA would be in hot water too. I think that's probably just some rumor.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    The official announcement is just a few minutes away. Some say that Tara will be more famous since party girls are all the rage now (Lindsay, Paris, Britney). I hope she gets help for her substance abuse.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 12-19-2006 at 12:09 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well Trump is giving her a 2nd chance.........hope she realizes how lucky she is.........she has agreed to go into rehab....

She's a beautiful girl....rumor was she had been dating/seen out with Travis Barker from Blink 182...well I have to admit, she looks exactly like his ex wife Shanna Moaklar.....they could pass for sisters!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 12-19-2006 at 12:17 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Tara is tearful and thankful while she is speaking. I guess the time in rehab won't alter her Miss USA schedule too much, or they are making allowances. I guess compared to the bimbo pack out in Hollywood, seeing a repentant person is refreshing. I hope she is successful in her comeback.

You know... hopefully this will send a completely new perception out to young kids. Perfection isn't expected and there is also no shame in getting help.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The best lesson is the fact that she is getting help. She isn't making excuses or allowances for her behavior. She isn't blaming the media for catching her on film.

Tara is one lucky duck!

However, Trump is using this to every end to bring attention to a business he owns. Tara is becoming a poster child and this whole thing with the alcohol and everything is all publicity!

The CNN anchors are laughing over the dramatic press confernce and saying it was basically a pilot for a new reality show. Someone took off their journalists' caps and put on their cynical editorial caps. If anything they should be laughing that CNN covered the entire thing live with a reporter on the scene.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hot off the press....

http://www.people.com/people/article...004750,00.html

Trump Gives Miss USA Tara Conner a Second Chance
    TUESDAY DECEMBER 19, 2006 11:15 AM EST

It's official: Donald Trump has not fired Miss USA Tara Conner.

"I've always been a believer in second chances. Tara is good person. Tara has tried hard. Tara is going to be given a second chance," Trump announced at a press conference in New York on Tuesday.

He also announced that Conner planned to enter rehab.

The revelation came a day after Conner's 21st birthday and as press reports continued to surface about her alleged drug and alcohol abuse, indiscretions with men and her apparent lack of reliability when it came to showing up at Miss USA-related events.

Speaking at the conference, Conner, who erupted in tears, did not go into detail about the allegations against her but did admit to drinking while underage and to having "personal demons." She apologized for her behavior, especially if it hurt her parents, and thanked Trump for his compassion.

"In no way when I walked into the meeting with him did I think it would be possible to be given a second chance," Conner said of her discussion with Trump. "You know what (Trump) could have said 'You're fired' that's what everyone expected, including me."

Instead, Trump said that, indeed, he had expected to dismiss Conner, "but after speaking to her I saw not only a beautiful woman, but a beautiful heart, She really, really tried."

Commenting on her problems, Trump said only, "She left a small town in Kentucky and got caught up in the whirlwind we know is New York."

Had Conner's crown been removed, her replacement would have been Miss California Tamiko Nash, 27, who was named runner-up to Conner at the April 21, 2006, Miss USA Pageant.

Trump discussed Conner's behavior with PEOPLE on Monday night, saying, "It is a painful subject, and I am not at all happy about the situation. If it was at all possible, I wanted to protect Tara at what I know is a tough time for her."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2182833;
    Tara is one lucky duck!

However, Trump is using this to every end to bring attention to a business he owns. Tara is becoming a poster child and this whole thing with the alcohol and everything is all publicity!

I agree, it seems like all this is is a publicity stunt to promote Donald Trump.

+ Reply to Thread